Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$109
Booking.comUS$109
Agoda.comUS$109
TripadvisorUS$109
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Everytime I step into Dorothy's fabulous home, I am reminded of the atmosphere of Il Leopardo. I love the faded grandeur, painstakingly and lovingly being restored By Dorothy Volpe.
The welcome and service iare second to none and your individual needs are catered: although only my husband and I stayed, Dorothy organised a welcome drinks party on the roof top terrace and a 4 course gourmet meal for 9 without so much as a blink.
On our arrival, we were warmly welcome by Dorothy and her team and invited to attend one of the concerts which take place on site.
Both garden and roof terrace offer wonderful views over Venafro, a hidden gem of a town, with its castle, its roman amphitheatre and thermae.
This is not our first stay, and certainly will not be our last. UNMISSABLE.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SCD1965
Reviewed 18 September 2018

They say you should never go back to a place you've loved for fear of disappointment - but we took a chance and I'm pleased to say that Dimora del Prete di Belmonte is every bit as delightful as the first time we visited, and so there is little to add to my previous review, other than to comment on the room which was a real treat. If you can cope with the stairs I would recommend that you choose this room (not sure what it was called but if you ask for the room with the roof terrace I'm sure Dorothy will know which one!). The views over the roof tops of 'old' Venafro were simply magnificent and evocative of a time gone by.
As I've said before this place isn't for everyone - I don't think there is any middle ground, if you love it, you'll really love it, (but haters are gonna hate!). It is clean, simple and grand, but high-tec it ain't, so if you want digital TV, lifts, & gadgets - book elsewhere you won't like it. But if you've got any romance or soul - book Dimora del Prete & fall in love.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank PuzzledWanderer
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel sits in a old very typical building. Every room seems to be peculiar in its own way. Room quite cold in winter. Heating system not the most efficient. Decoration of rooms to be refreshed. Bathroom clean and convenient. Would not recommend for business stay.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank franckfischer
dimoradelprete, Proprietario at Dimora del Prete di Belmonte, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Dear Guest,
thank you for your rewiew.
I'm going to refresh the rooms. In fact, the room with terrace has been already refreshed.
I decided to use the heating system I have so the guests can set the temperature by themselves.
Many business travellers choose my place telling me that after their work, they can relax and feel at home, so they come back many times.
In all the building there is free wi-fi and if you need a printer or to send a fax you can use the office.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

We only stayed one night, and that night were the only guests. The owner Dorothy was not there, but arranged for a charming young man, Pascuale, to meet us and take care of us. We could not have been better looked after. Pascuale has a very detailed knowledge of the palazzo and the town - he took us on a short tour of it, which we enjoyed very much. He then cooked our delicious dinner at the palazzo. The palazzo is a beautiful house, and the family history very interesting. Our room was very well appointed, and great care was taken to make sure we were comfortable. Thank you to Dorothy, and especially to Pascuale for a memorable stay.

Room tip: All rooms lovely
Date of stay: January 2017
1  Thank JillGibb
Reviewed 18 October 2016

This place is special, Dorothy is the most perfect hostess she really made us feel at home in her home, a lovely lady. The breakfast was excellent, all freshly made. We loved everything about our stay and would encourage everyone to visit.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
dimoradelprete, Proprietario at Dimora del Prete di Belmonte, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Thanks, you are very lovely.
I was very glad you were so comfortable with us.
I'll hope you come back again to visit me.
Best regards, Dorothy.