Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Beautiful museum, that tells all aspects of the battle in the area.

Winterline museum is one of the best war museums in the area around Monte Cassino. Luciano first... read more

Reviewed 11 October 2020
D-RaD_relic_hunter
Education on the WWII battle for Italy as seen through the Lens of the remnants of war collected over decades by hosts.

The use of military artifacts to share with visitors what the experience of the second world war... read more

Reviewed 4 October 2020
N9281TLalexd

All reviews his friends monte cassino surrounding mountains hidden gem amazing knowledge personal tour won t both sides first rate military history luciano war artifacts soldiers bucci men conflict
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 December 2019

The winterline museum in Venafro is one of the best and most impressive WWII museums I've ever been too..Luciano was fantastic as a guide and it was a first rate experience. Most impressive is the back story of how these artifacts were found in nearby fields and surrounding mountains. Also impressive is its not just allied artifacts, but all nations that were involved in the conflict, including many German artifacts and uniforms.Highly recommend this stop for any tourist !!!

Reviewed 20 November 2019

The Winterline Museum in Venafro is one of the best WW2 museums I have been to in Europe. The themed displays were perfect down to the tiniest detail. Not only was the museum amazing, but Luciano took us on a footsteps tour of the 143rd Inf Reg who was there in December 1943. I would highly recommend making the trip to Venafro and experience the Winterline museum.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 2 November 2019

This museum is Fantastic! It was closing when we arrived and Domenico and Luciano kept it open and gave us a personal tour in English that lasted about an hour!
They have collected loads of items from the war found locally in the area.
It was fascinating and the best WW11 museums I’ve ever been to
I strongly recommend a visit
The guides were very knowledgeable and enthusiastic.
We were happy to leave a donation

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 23 October 2019 via mobile

We were fortunate to be able to book a private tour today with Luciano to visit several local WW2 battlefields and monuments. He is not only very personable and knowledgeable, but speaks excellent English as well. Incredible knowledge of WW2 local history.
Definitely will be back!

Reviewed 10 October 2019

In my recent visit to Venafro to visit my cousins I had the good fortune to meet Luciano Bucci. He gave me a tour of his magnificent museum, Museum WinterLine Venafro. Luciano explained that as a child he was an avid collector of anything to do with the Second World War. Together with friends he put together a fantastic collection of photographs, letters, site maps, and war materials, as well as incredibly realistic models which all serve to reconstruct the war, especially as it related to the area. My grandparents came from Venafro and Conca Casale and emigrated to the USA. My Dad and Uncles came back to Italy with the Allied Forces to fight in the war. They told us so many stories of their experiences and at the WinterLine Museum I felt that I was reliving their stories. I only wish they were alive so they could visit the museum. They would be very proud of the incredible job Luciano and friends did to bring the war into the present day. This museum is a “must see” for everyone visiting Southern Italy. It is truly very special.