After spending a week at the Constance Ephelia we flew here for a week by Air Seychelles in a dinky wee plane (views amazing and on the way back sunset beautiful).
Hotel around 10 minutes drive from the airport (occasional plane noise while staying here but not intrusive) Great welcome from the staff to this beautiful hotel, Reception area wonderfully decorated in a colonial theme. One of the staff hit a gong for the large wooden doors to be opened to the most amazing view of the entrance hall,pool and beach beyond. Cold drink and wet flannel provided while we were registered in by Kai who was very helpful if a bit serious. Because we were celebrating our Golden Wedding Anniversary, the hotel gave us a credit of £100 a day to spend on wine,the spa, lunches etc during our stay. We did have fun deciding what we would treat ourselves to. Our junior suite was beautiful, lime green,duck egg blue and white decor
with an amazing bathroom too. Balcony was pretty small but beautifully furnished with a rocking horse, sofa and tables. Just a minute from the beach too but again as with the Ephelia, no sun on our balcony because of the palm trees. Bottle of bubbly waiting for us too.
All the restaurants were pretty good, the main buffet restaurant beside that amazing view was great for breakfast. Choice of everything was great...except no decaf tea! fortunately I brought my own. Having breakfast on the balcony, soaking up the views and watching the tropical birds flying about was a special time of each day for us.
We tried all the other restaurants too, Diva had great food but there were tiny wee flies everywhere,. Managing to get into our wine and landing on our food - very annoying so we only ate there once. Our favourite was The Nest. Lovely breeze coming from the ocean...with no flies !! and wonderful food and attentive staff. We ate at Takamaka Beach Bar a few times, their mango and chicken salad delicious and the sushi too mmm.
The resort itself was so well kept, the golf course with all the lakes stunning. great views down to the beach too. And then the beaches...All in pristine condition, our favourite was Anse Georgette a good walk through the golf course mostly uphill, but a buggy will take you there on the hour every hour. We had a special picnic provided by the hotel brought to us there while sunbathing. We can see how this beach has won awards. Uncrowded too even though, as all beaches are in the Seychelles, open to the public and not just to Hotel guests.
We hired a taxi and driver who took us a tour of this beautiful island and we also visited La Digue by boat. There are public buses that stop outside the Resort and the reception personnel will give all the times etc.
The Spa was great and we enjoyed a relaxing body massage and use of the facilities after.
We had an amazing time at this beautiful Hotel, the staff being so friendly and helpful. We loved hearing their stories of their families and homeland and seeing photos of their loved ones too.
On our last evening Armugam organised a sundowner with canapes and drinks on the beach to watch the sunset. Mithun was our attendant who was so attentive, took us by buggy to a vantage point on the golf course, letting us savour the views for the last time. Also taking so many memorable photos of us that we will cherish forever.
so thankyou to all the staff....Samanta who kept our room so clean, Lovely Joseph, who restocked our mini bar and kept us laughing,Armugam who organised our sundowner and picnic, Mingmar at the reception who was lovely, Djeneta from Madagascar our waitress atThe Nest and Mithun who looked after us so well and took our amazing photos. We would love to return to this beautiful hotel and island some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisite beaches, clear topaz water, lush vegetation and big boulders; choose from one of the 88 Junior Suites, 8 Senior Suites, 8 Villas or the exclusive Presidential Villa at Constance Lemuria. Enjoy elegant spacious suites and villas or unwind in swimming pools seemingly crafted by nature. Indulge in fine food and customised spa treatments at Constance Lemuria. Fully trained coordinators at the Constance Kids Club will lead your children to wonderful island exploration trips, culinary activities, scavenger hunts and more. For real adventure and wonderful memories, try the only 18-hole golf course in the Seychelles or explore the world famous diving sites! To create a cocoon of luxury amidst vibrant nature, materials such as wood, stone, pink granite, marble and thatch palm has been beautifully used to create a modern yet warm feel at Constance Lemuria. Seychellois’ flavours can be savoured in all the restaurants and bars of the hotel; the warmth can be felt in all the suites and villas. All Suites and Villas which are endowed with exclusive view are luxuriously designed to offer complete comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Constance Lemuria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Lemuria Resort Of Praslin, Seychelles Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Lemuria Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Lemuria Hotel Of Praslin