Quinta da Mo(Furnas)
Agoda.com
Hotels.com
All reviewsthermal poolsspa facilitiessteam roomoutdoor poolsao miguelturkish bathgreat spabrowniehot springslocal producecoffee makerbeautiful hotelrelaxing staymini fridgegreat optionrobes and slippersrelaxing environment
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Great hotel , part of the starwood brand .

I would definitely recommend staying here at least 1 night and visit the town of Furnas .
If you stay in the city and take a tour to Furnas you will kick yourself for not staying in the area for at least a day .

Just walking distance to Poca da Beija thermal baths ,a beautiful garden and active hot springs .

Cows, Cows and more Cows ... everywhere so cool.

The Spa is incredible and pools/ hot tubs stay open all night.
You can sit in on of the heated pools and star gaze.

The restaurant is also very good .

The rooms are a bit small but I was able to accommodate additional bedding so I didn’t have to put my son in a separate room .

Staff is very nice and helpful and I didn’t feel like there was any disconnect by my western needs and what they could provide .

It was very comfortable .

It is about 45 mins from the airport.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
JoseTomazMBreyner, Gerente geral at Furnas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear sunchasersclub

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay;
I truly appreciate your thoughtful and considerate review which I have shared with all our colleagues, who are delighted you took away such positive impressions of your sojourn.
We are indeed fortunate to have a wonderful team who are passionate about extending warm, courteous and professional service to all our guests and who clearly made the difference to your enjoyment of the hotel. I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to your home away from home on many more occasions.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

If the Garden of Eden had a spa, this would be it. Set in the verdant, volcanic Furnas Valley an easy 40 minute drive from the airport on well-paved roads, the Furnas Boutique Hotel has everything you want in getaway--thermal pools to soak in after a day hiking/exploring this beautiful island, masseuses with magic hands to stroke away the aches and pains in the tranquil spa, as well as saunas and Turkish baths to restore your sense of zen. The Terra Restaurant has one of the best breakfast buffets in Europe--no need to go hungry before starting your daily trek around the local lake or up the side of a volcanic cliff. Rooms are comfortable, clean with great king size beds and modern bathrooms with showers. Whether you are looking to celebrate with a romantic getaway with that special someone, or you want to spend time soaking up the baths and visiting the spa with a special BFF this is definitely the place to come. My husband and I just spend 10 days this hotel and the attentive service, amenities and setting were all first-rate fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JoseTomazMBreyner, Gerente geral at Furnas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear gzecchini2018

Thank you for your charming review, I have shared your thoughtful comments with the entire team who are delighted you enjoyed your recent sojourn and look forward to welcoming you back to Furnas Boutique Hotel in the near future.

With warm regards

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

The Boutique Hotel offers great service ( thank you to Tiago in Reception ) the rooms are clean, well appointed and the atmosphere is very relaxing.

I had to make my point because of a little hiccup with the room, that eventually got solved.

The treatments at the Spa are fantastic ( thanks Carmen from Pico), and the swimming pool is a must.

The food at the restaurant is good and IRD is also a great option when you are lazy to go out. The breakfast is also great!

They offer complimentary water and turndown service with some nice homemade biscuits.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
JoseTomazMBreyner, Gerente geral at Furnas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Dear DodMagallanes

With warm regards

Reviewed 23 May 2018

LOVED it. All very new and rooms are very hotelish and comfortable. Its the spa that is just awesome -imagine a bath the size of a swimming pool!!! Outside areas also very lovely.
They had lovely cocktails. Breakfast was very flexible and tasty. Best hotel on the island!

Stayed: July 2017
JoseTomazMBreyner, Gerente geral at Furnas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear jedisam

Reviewed 23 May 2018

You will smell sulphur. If that bothers you, Furnas is not the place for you! You can't smell it in your room, but you can everywhere else.
We stayed for three nights. I thought our room was fine, we faced the back of the hotel on the 2nd floor.
I thought the appointments were very nice. The bathroom shower was great - wonderful water pressure. Our room came with a coffee maker [and tea] and a small fridge with local juices. And a beautiful bottle of water. Don't drink the water out of the taps, I guess.
-- except for one thing.
We arrived very early in the morning and we given a room, which was GREAT because we had a little jet lag.
We ate in the restaurant a few times, the food was good, but the menu is somewhat limited, but remember -- this is a small island, and there is a limited amount of local produce. The breakfast buffet is more than you would ever need. Too bad we slept late 2 out of three days!
The pools are wonderful -- indoor and outdoor thermal pools, very hot, cold -- and then the sauna, steam room, turkish bath. WONDERFUL. Your hair will look insane afterwards; take conditioner -- a bucket of conditioner!
The pools are open 24hrs, but the other rooms are closed at 9 pm.
The geo-thermal "furnaces are right around the corner. As is a lovely little village, houses, other hotels... and it's green. All around, green. Beautiful.
The staff was extremely nice at all times, very helpful, polite and welcoming.
Get a second floor room if possible. I like facing the back, but I am sure the front has nice views, too.
There is plenty of parking if you've rented a car. Restaurants and small shops are within easy walking distance.
My husband used the gym every day.
We did use the spa and got an expensive, but very long treatment. It was worth it. I think I was levitating at the end of the experience -- and there is a place to relax afterwards with a cup of tea.
We fell in love with San Miguel, and with this hotel, this area... we'd be back in a minute if work didn't require us to stay put until... early Spring?

Oh -- the one thing. Almost forgot -- the beds are hard. VERY hard. My back went out after one night -- and I spent the rest of the days with ice packs or in the pools, or driving. If/when we go back, I'm taking a foam pad. Seriously.

Room Tip: Second floor room probably have a better view.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
JoseTomazMBreyner, Gerente geral at Furnas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear schimmelart