See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2015

Me and my friend stayed there a week in August /23.-30.8.2015/. This is a three star - basic hotel .The rooms are clean and very basic but all you want is somewhere to put your head down and wash, we have stayed in much better but found the rooms adequate for our weeks stay.This Hotel is good for young couples who do not want to stay a long time in the accomodation.Most of the guest came from Italy, Slovakia and the Czech Republic. Location was fantastic, the beach was good, but very windy. The pool is springwater which was lovely to swim in. All staff were friendly and helpfull (except the old man on the reception).Thanks to Leo, at the bar . He is the face and heart of the hotel.
We had half board, but the breakfast was really poor :( & no fruits! what was incredible for Greek iIsland...
Exploring was easy & wonderful: Chania town, Elafonissi Beach, Rethymnon Old Town, Falassarna Beach

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank lution
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is a three star - basic hotel, its cheap and cheerful. Excellent chef, if you want chips with everything this is not for you, the food is mainly greek. The rooms are clean and very basic but all you want is somewhere to put your head down and wash, we have stayed in much better but found the rooms adequate for our weeks stay. I do have to agree with the previous comment about the all inclusive bar, something they should look into as it was a disaster, we are not big drinkers but choice wise and the terrible cups, paper cups for coffee and vending machine plastic cups for spirits, not good. That is the only negative comment I shall make, location was fantastic, the beach was good, very peaceful and quiet and the pool is springwater which was lovely to swim in. The hotel staff were very polite helpful, also if you wanted a safe it was 1 euro per day, cant grumble at that. A holiday is what you make it, and this was a cheap hotel with great food, superb location and lovely staff. Would we go back, for a week yes, for 10 or more days not unless the all inclusive bar was sorted out, I must mention that this hotel does a light all inclusive so the bar is only available at certain times of the day.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank taye59
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Every summer the whole family (7 adults and 3 kids) go on a weeks hols together. This year we have opted for Crete and Venus Beach hotel. It is located on the border of Platanias and Gerani. It turns out the location couldn't be more fantastic. 20 min walk into heart of Platanias and 30 min bus ride to Chania. Centre of Gerani is about 10-15 min walk, where you'll find good restaurants, tavernas and even an English pub with ice-cold Cider and Guinness.
Although our stay was advertised as all-inclusive, it really is a full-board stay. The meal time are sectioned into breakfast, lunch and supper. However, the food is soooo wonderful that it really doesn't matter. The lunch and supper is home-made by a local chef who always came out to make sure that you were satisfied.
And although the sea was red-flagged for most of our trip it really didnt matter as the pool was fantastic, big and deep enough to swim.
ALL STAFF were friendly and very helpfull. Thanks to Matilda at the bar whose cocktails are just divine. She is the face and heart of the hotel.
If the is anything worth mentioning, it is that the mattress need replacing. They are quite worn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ivonao
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I travelled alone, booking through Monarch (Cosmos) Holidays, but when I got here I was the only English person in the Hotel. As you can imagine I spent a VERY quiet week.
The hotel was advertised as ALL INCLUSIVE but drinks were only served between 11am- 2.30pm & 5pm-10pm. Spirits only served after 6pm. The "All Inclusive bar" was a trestle table & all drinks were served in paper vending cups! The food was cold at all mealtimes! The hotels idea of keeping food warm was to put a tea-light candle under the serving dishes.
The fridge in my room did not work. Nor did the one electric socket. I had to ask Matilda, who ran the NON All Inclusive bar to charge my mobile for me. She was the only person I had a conversation with at the hotel.
I had to book a trip to Ellafonissi (which was lovely but very windy) so that I could have some company for the day.
The beach was shingle & rocks & the red flag was flying for most of the week as the sea was too unsafe to go into.
I had been to Crete before & thought what a lovely place it was but this experience has definitely put me off going back there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Julie G
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I took my sons - 13 and 8 - for a weeks' holiday here, had no idea where to go and fell on this by very happy accident.
As mentioned in other reviews, it is about 2 km from Platanias - easy to walk/bus there. But this hotel was perfect for us. Quiet - only 40 rooms approx, beautiful pool. The staff were lovely, especially Matilda in the bar, and the children were really safe, free and happy. The rooms are simply furnished, comfortable. I have never seen so many solar panels as on Crete, and the water heaters are connected; so the water is always hot for an evening shower, though it was a bit cooler in the morning.
Exploring was easy - Chania is a 15-20 min bus ride east and is lovely. Touristy, but tasteful. Musuems, churches, 16th century Venitian harbour, little winding streets - full of atmosphere.
There are also buses going west, to Kissamos and to fab beaches at Falosarna etc.

A few negatives -
Food isn't perfect, but honest, adequate, wholesome. More fresh fruit would be welcome.
They charge for airconditioning which seems pretty mean as it is a necessity in summer.

This hotel seems to have deals with French and Czech operators - so I didn't hear an English voice all week.

We are planning to go back next year and hire a car so that we can travel around more.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family