All reviews clear water swimming pool private beach lunch and dinner beach restaurant sea lifeguards elba availability deckchairs nature families
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Service was exceptional. Assisted with reservations for restaurants and site seeing. Wonderful traditional Italian food and wine with vegetarian options. Clear water and quiet beach. Family friendly. We will be back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
HotelCapoSudFrank, Proprietario at Hotel Capo Sud, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Gary K,
Thank you for sharing your appreciation of our home on internet;
We are glad that you enjoyed our offer of cuisine and the wine list that I personally care with our Maitre Andrea.
We are also pleased that you enjoyed the tranquility of our bay of the Stella Gulf, from the park you can enjoy several images all very beautiful and that lead to the desire for relaxation and contemplation.
We look forward to receiving you again for a nice vacation here at the Hotel Capo Sud.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

I loved the location of this hotel with beautiful grounds, a nice pool overlooking the sea and it’s own private beach with lots of sun loungers available for guests. The rooms are not five star but very comfortable and we had a nice sea view balcony. For me the aspect of the hotel is magical and it’s strongest selling point.

I was a bit disappointed with the breakfasts. Although served outside on the beautiful terrace they were in my view a bit lack lustre. For example, the fresh fruit served were mostly unripe, the scrambled egg cold and the bread bland though their jam was lovely. On the bright side being calorie conscious I didn’t have the usual hotel breakfast temptation which was a definite plus!

We never ate in the restaurant in the evening because we received a hostile response on our first night when we asked for a table (on the large terrace, where tables were being laid). A member of staff (who appeared to be in charge) abruptly said there were no tables available outside in a manner which made us feel very unwelcome as if we shouldn't even have asked. We have stayed in countless hotels and not come across such discourteousness before. We felt perhaps if we had been told restaurant reservations were necessary on check-in, or if a reservation had been offered for the next day, this would have improved our experience.

A member of staff, we think the same one, came to berate us angrily at breakfast after we posted our feedback, then we received a rude message on TripAdvisor (from “Andrea F”) inviting us to find “better hotels far from Capo Sud” - as well as a bitter and dramatic response to our original review from “Francesco”. We feel these individuals could be the focus of customer service improvement and have left a sour taste in an otherwise pleasant experience.

We ended up eating at the small friendly beach restaurant at the other end of the beach and a good pizzeria in Lacona. I should add that we did have lunch at the beachside restaurant and this was nice enough.

As to other customer service, we found this was what you might expect for a hotel of this level. We found the reception staff were very good.

In summary, this is without doubt a good three star hotel. Given the fabulous location and beach facilities it offers good value in my view. You do need a car to stay here.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CliveSanders
HotelCapoSudFrank, . at Hotel Capo Sud, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

I consider children's behaviors that you change a review because you do not like our reply (absolutely not a rude reply) and lower the score. The score should concern the holiday. You do not vote as much as you liked the owner's reply. Evidently we have hit the mark. I am sorry that you and your husband have not understood that today the maitre has approached you to understand what you had dissatisfied, to clarify, to try in some way to remedy. But I see that in this new "review" you have changed a lot of parts (you have moderated the tone and the judgments, added congratulations to the reception staff, written in the title that we are a "great hotel" and many other changes to make the first version less hostile) and,most of all, you avoided saying that our maitre barked like a dog. We are happy: for us it is important respect people and good manner. Dear sir (and this applies also to your husband): you have been hosted at the best, with care, love and kindness and you reciprocated with dishonesty. But we do not trade some "dots" on Tripadvisor in exchange for our intellectual honesty. For two years we had not received a score of two dots; now, rewievs with 2 dots becomes nine, thanks to you... Against 521 (five hundred and twenty-one) who gave us 5 dots and 136 who gaves us 4 dots.... The numbers often say more than words. Here is our previous answer which referred to your first message (which you have deleted and modified ...): And our family, which has run this hotel from 1955, will never fail to defend its employees if they are insulted or treated badly, from the humblest to the manager, even at the cost of receiving negative reviews. Sure, our staff can also make mistakes, nobody is perfect, and we are ready to apologize when it happens. But the insult is never admitted here. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dear Mr C.S., We thank you for your review and for your stay at Hotel Capo Sud. We will not dwell on the many praises that you made us about the location, the large park, the pool directly on the sea, the beach served by our lifeguards from 9 am to 19 pm. We prefer to make some clarifications on your criticism that are also necessary. Breakfast "with limited choices" presents these possibilities (if the reader wants, he can also receive a photo of the buffet by asking him via email from our website hotelcaposud.it). Wholemeals bread Crumbly rye bread Crispy rye bread Rice crackers (biological) Corn crackers Rusks Toasted bread Homemade sweet and salty bread (cooked in our oven) Our chef's jam tart Homemade cake "Natures" croissants Jam croissants Cereals croissants Corn flakes Fruit muesli Puffed rice Natural yogurt Fruit yogurt Jams (normally 3 tastes) Homemade jam (made by my mother with fruits of our garden, when available) Hazelnut cream Honey Fresh fruits (organic, when available), normally 3 types Cooked fruit Fruit in syrup Flax seed Sunflower seeds Sliced cheese Tuscan salami Baked ham ther sliced sausage Frankfurters Ham patè “Rustic” patè Scrambled eggs Spreadable cheese Liver paté Butter Margarine Milk Coffee with milk Espresso Cappuccino Chocolate Tea, various tastes Herbal teas Orange juice ACE juice Grapefruit juice Natural and sparkling water On request: omelette, boiled and soft-boiled eggs and products for celiacs And, if this is not enough, (there are more than 40 choices!) ask the maitre, we will do our best to let you have what you want for the days after. We also talked with the maitre to understand if you, Mr. S, had reported to him some disappointment about breakfast but the maitre told us that, on the contrary, you like every day to have a very long breakfast on our terrace overlooking the sea near the water lily pond taking all the time you need for a relaxing start of the day. We can see that in spite of everything, you are able to find several products that give you satisfaction and give you the opportunity to have a long and abundant breakfast. We hare happy for that. Regarding the restaurant for the dinner, we do not understand what it means that the maitre told you that there were no tables available. This is simply not possible because we have 44 rooms and more than seventy tables, half at the terrace and half at the air-conditioned room with panoramic windows. Also you say that you enjoyed the beach restaurant for lunch. We inform you that, of course, the cooks are the same and the food and the culinary preparations are the same. This opportunity is good to remember that in our Hotel we offer something that no other hotel does: the first evening you eat at our restaurant and, if you like, you can continue to do it choosing half board arrangement for special price. If, instead, you are among the very few who did not like it, free to choose only the "bed and breakfast" service, without any problem. Almost everyone, or everyone, choose half-board. Just count the number of tables occupied in the evening at the restaurant! My brother, who runs the hotel with me, welcomed you personally and accompanied you to your room: he gathered your enthusiasm when you saw it. As always with everyone, he told you that he, and all of us ,are willing to listen and ready to try to solve any problem. Unfortunately you did not want to use this opportunity. Maybe you could also add in your review that you have had a room renovated last year, with a balcony overlooking the sea, with the measures of a quadruple room, at the cost of a double where you Mr S could stay very comfortably It is right to criticize and make even negative observations. Thanks to these we have grown and improved a lot over the years to become one of the best hotel in Elba, but judging a restaurant without ever having eaten, in my opinion, is something that have no sense. As well as saying that our maitre "barks" like a dog is certainly not a sign of being a polite person and capable of making a serious analysis of anything. In the same way I could have said that you are some kind of animal. But “hotel capo sud” style is different. direttore Francesco Di Puccio

an image value is 1000 words:
our breakfast https://bit.ly/2x12Qvk

Reviewed 5 July 2018

This was my second stay at Hotel Capo Sud and I am glad to say it’s been as good, or possibly even better than my previous trip!

The location was fantastic. The beach was very clean and the water pristine. The sea was so inviting that I hardly looked at the swimming pool.

I was with a large group of friends and I have to commend the hotel staff on their availability and patience in coping with all our request, espiacially at the restaurant: from helping us find a table for 8, to patiently repeating the menu 8 times, to then changing our orders because some of us may have changed our mind... Managing a large and demanding group, like ours, over several days is net easy and they’ve done a great job at keeping us content.

The reception staff was also courteous, smiling and helpful. I wanted to scuba dive and they put me in touch with the manager of a local diving center who came to pick me up at the hotel entrance.

Food was really good. Having eaten at their restaurant every lunch and dinner I can say their offer was varied and not repetitive. Breakfast was abundant and I may have eaten some croissants too many! I’m no expert, but to me the jams seemed homemade.

It’s not a luxury hotel, but it has everything you may possibly need for a lovely stay. And for what you get it’s fairly priced.

I love Elba so I’m sure I’ll be back to Capo Sud!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank ennio c
HotelCapoSudFrank, Responsabile reception at Hotel Capo Sud, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear ennio c,
we thank you for spending your time writing a review about your stay in our hotel.
We are glad you enjoyed the location and the beach of Margidore. Thank you for your good words about the hotel staff, especially that of the restaurant always committed to meet the demands of our guests with patience and professionalism, and our food, genuine and simple made of homemade bread, jams, pasta and fresh products for most.
Hope to welcome you again in our hotel!

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I really liked this hotel. It’s in a wonderful position, directly on the beach. The rooms are slightly dated, but that adds to the charm. I loved the beachside restaurant for lunch and the food in the main restaurant was perfectly fine.
Great for both couples and families alike.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Maximilion,
thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the position of our hotel, direct on the beach attainable through one of the 3 paths (53 steps, 22 steps and 0 steps for strollers) with no roads to cross.
Every year we do renovations and enlargement of rooms and villas as well as some common parts of the hotel (terrace, restaurant, kitchen, parking and many others) all to make our guests' stay even more pleasant. We thank you for appreciating our 2 restaurants with good food and nice sea view.
Hope to welcome you again for your next visit on Elba island.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

An understated, quiet, low level hotel. clean comfortable rooms. We paid extra to have a sea view. Well worth it. The water is crystal clear, good for snorkeling. A clean beach and warm pool. Short drive to the local restaurants. Very relaxing.

Room Tip: Sea view or garden views available
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelCapoSudFrank, Proprietario at Hotel Capo Sud, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear Mark W,
thank you for using your time writing about our house.
We was very happy to host you and offer you a beautiful vacation; the beauty of the surrounding nature around Capo Sud is surely one of the most important strenghts of our vacation offer.

hope to host you another time to offer another beautiful experience

best regards