Hotels.com
Expedia
FindHotel
Agoda.com
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2021 via mobile

Friendly check-in/bar at all times, functional room, quiet surroundings and excellent breakfast buffet available. Staff allowed me to fill up my thermos with tea each day. Kittens on the property (so cute!!) and horses right outside our room window. Excellent placement for getting to all the sights of Snæfellsness.

Room tip: Check that their restaurant will be open for dinner during your stay. Alternatively, staff gave us a good range of options for dinner.
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2019

Kast Guesthouse is a good and decent place to sleep and will provide what you need.. It is clean and simple and the food was excellent for being out in the middle of nowhere. It is a low cost option that served our purpose and we were a family of 4 that shared one room. (Room number 24)
My only suggestion would be a table or something in the bathroom. Otherwise it served its purpose while traveling the Snaefelenes Peninsula.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 10 October 2019

Comfortable and clean. Great spot to see Northern Lights. Beautiful setting. Limited choices for food in area, but restaurant's 3 main entrée choices were enough for us and delicious. Breakfast was good too.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 21 September 2019 via mobile

We only stayed one night on our ring road trip around Iceland but it was definitely the nicest guesthouse we stayed at. The rooms are large, modern and clean. Beautiful views of the mountains and ocean. Staff was super friendly. We had a flat tire the morning we were leaving and the chef helped change it. Good breakfast. Lots of choices. I would highly recommend making this a stop on your visit to Iceland. Lots to see in the local area.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 49JW
Reviewed 18 September 2019 via mobile

The Kast Guesthouse Is a family owned place with huge mountains right behind the property and an ocean view in the distant front. The beautiful Icelandic horses and sheep are all around the property. The rooms were very basic, but clean… Room 26 had a great view.
They do offer Wi-Fi but no TVs and internet at times can be a little slow and sketchy.

The included breakfast offerings were very satisfying. Their dinner offerings were surprisingly magnificent! Hats off to the wonderful chef!

It is a perfect location right off the main road to explore the peninsula and everything it has to offer. The staff including Soffia and Angela were all very nice and accommodating.

I would take a half a star off my rating because I’ve asked three times for a proper invoice of my stay there and that request has been ignored. I need it to get a refund from Booking.com.

I would add another full star if I could for the hotel kitty, who I love dearly...I wish I could’ve taken her back home with me.

All in all... great find and we would recommend it.

Date of stay: September 2019