“Oh Jacqui this really won’t do!”

Jacqui O's BeachHouse
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Saint Mary's
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: On the beach, Caribbean side. Beautiful Food, People, Cocktais and Sunset. St Tropez/Ibiza Style. Amazing service in a fabulous beach garden. Reservations advised.
Reviewed 28 February 2021

We visited with a group of friends in Dec 2019. It was mediocre at best but I was glad to have tried it. I can tell it was “the spot” in its heyday. Now it’s pretty tired and passé. Food is ok, drinks are ok... meh. Would’ve been cool to go back in the day I reckon. If you’re looking for an amazing beach, lively, instagramable alternative go for sheer rocks. It’s much less dated.

In December 2020 we went back as we were hoping that last year was a one off blip. The same owner “greeted” us at the front gate. We knew from past visits that he was quite odd but I do love eccentric characters . Check out the previous review where he called guests morons. That was basically how he spoke to us. If he likes you he’s great and super entertaining, if you catch him on a bad day you’ll know about it.

Date of visit: December 2020
Lance L, Owner at Jacqui O's BeachHouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2021

This review stinks of a takedown. You liked Sheer Rocks but didn't review them? However, you liked Colibri and did.( I did too, Colibri is excellent). Yet, you drop this 3 months after your visit. Lacks credibility-Lance

Write a reviewReviews (1,045)

Reviewed 4 February 2021 via mobile

Deservedly famous and worth the trip from wherever you are on the island.
Owner operator Lance v attentive and all great staff, tremendous service. Food is top notch, really great, and drinks bang on including some reassuringly expensive sensational wines .
The spot is great - reserve yourself a beach chair also as beautiful spot to push through from lunch for magnificent sunset.

Date of visit: January 2021
Lance L, Owner at Jacqui O's BeachHouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2021

Thank you very much for your review and comments, be assure I will share them with my team-Lance

Reviewed 27 January 2021

Horrible!!! I work in the hotel industry and I will never recommend any of the Guests or Tourists to this restaurant. The waiter was nice but ask to many personal questions. The staff looks so unprofessional like they don’t want to be there. Wearing pajama pants and so. We arrived at the restaurant my friends and I temperature was a little high because we were standing in the sun. The waiter said we will have u sit in the cool and “give” you some water to drink. No problem we sat there a while the waiter brought the water and then stated we will recheck our Temperature. After having our meal which I find mine was bland (burger) upon paying for our meals they were charging us $18 for water we did not ask for and was never quoted to us that it would be a surcharge. The Manager then came to us and said that he understood that we didn’t ask for the water hence he will pay for it because $18 dollar is nothing for him but apparently it’s something big for us; and then walked off. I found that very disrespectful and unprofessional. Will never dine there again.

1  Thank 551dians
Lance L, Owner at Jacqui O's BeachHouse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2021

You are morons and I'll verify that now.

1. you work in the Hotel industry at Grand Pineapple Beach Resort as you told us, but, you don't know better than to show up at 1;30 for a 12 noon reservation.

2. When you finally arrived, two of you had high temperatures, normally due to our Covid 19 protocols we would not allow you in. However we tried to accommodate you by placing you on the beach with a cold bottle of water, in the shade, to re test you in at 1:45. You said your temperatures were high because you had been standing in the sun. What? since 12 noon? who does that.

3. You made a big dean of the fact tat you expected a discount because you sent so many guests here. When my beach guy asked who you spoke to when you made these reservations, you couldn't remember her name. possibly because ALL reservations come through me, and I'm a He.

4. Following your 2nd temperature check we allowed you to stay and eat on the beach, away from other guests for safety and anyway, the table you booked had been give to other guests at 1PM.
You ate every crumb on every plate.

5. When the bill was presented by my staff you refused to pay for the bottle of water we gave you to cool down on arrival (18ecd$/$6 USD) who does that?

6. It would appear that you have received little training from your employer on how to behave when you go out to eat, clearly you have not learned from your guest experiences either. I would never employ a moron like you to represent my business, ever!

7. Finally, a yellow highlight pen does little in bringing peoples attention to your Google review, its used to highlight black print.

Every so often we get a guest like you and there is nothing we can do to avoid the coward who attacks us on this site, but, the hundreds of 5* reviews that precede yours just makes you look like, well, a moron-Lance

Reviewed 23 January 2021 via mobile

Overall a Wow. Gracious and accommodating staff, fantastic views and the food was over the top. Open Shrimp Ravioli was so good a few of us ordered a second round. I loved the Local Pork dish, friends had Parrot Fish and said it was the most tender they have ever had. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Finished up with Coconut Ice Creme over Roasted Pineapple. We will be back.

Date of visit: January 2021
Lance L, Owner at Jacqui O's BeachHouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2021

A WOW is good. Thank you for your review, we look forward to your return-Lance

Reviewed 23 January 2021 via mobile

This was one of the best restaurants I’ve been in my entire life. Lance is a character and an amazing host. The wait staff were all very attentive, friendly, and professional. The food was incredible. We watched the sunset on the beach. Can’t give enough stars.

1  Thank H9395EWmaxr

You gave the max, Max! Thanks for the five stars, I'll share this with the crew this morning. Thank you also for the the review on Google.
I hope you and the family enjoy your dinner at Colibri this evening, great spot, I'm sure you will.
All the best and we await your next visit to Jacqui O's-Lance