Cassia Cottage
US$117
Expedia
US$51
1,239 results
All reviewsspice housebeach housephu quocfree cocktailmanager jimevery afternooninfinity poolthe cottagesoutdoor showeroverlooking the beachnight marketmosquito netgarden roomlong beachsea viewsao beachrelaxing holiday
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed 5 nights at Cassia and we simply loved it.
The staff were amazing with my 2 toddler children.
We felt welcomed and definitely at ease with the staff always smiling and being playful with my 3 children.
My 2 older children adored Nay who babysat for us twice.
My husband forgot his antihistamines - we asked Lorenz - within 10mins he was at our table with a pack of it - on the house!
The food was great, although a little pricey on certain dishes, however, everything was delicious and I was delighted to not have to leave the hotel to find alternate eating spots.
The free popsicles with the kids menu was a great motivation for my kids to finish their meals.
My husband and I have decided that this is our 'getaway spot' for the kids twice a year! We basically had everything we needed for a weeks detox from Hanoi...good food, happy children, clean air, green grass, snails, caterpillars, butterflies, beetles, lizards and NO TV!
My kids loved that they could borrow books from the library - the magic school bus was a total hit!
The room was great, but we will probably take the 2 room option the next time as my children have completely different sleeping schedules.
Beds are comfortable, bathroom is huge and the outside rain shower was a blast for my kids.
They played with the small, white stones on the shower floor while I washed their hair without any contest! Absolutely practical!
The place smells, looks and feels green and fresh.

The outside loungers were a nice-to-have while my kids slept, my husband and I were able to have a non-whispering conversation, albeit with a few mozzies...nothing a little anti-mozzie spray couldn't cure!

Just a little side note: I found that the babysitting price of USD10 per child per hour a little excessive, although it was a 'great-to-have' and I appreciated it when I wanted to enjoy a quiet dinner with my husband!
(The Room Compendium quoted the babysitting price as 100,000VND, so I was a little confused when I enquired about the rate).
However, if the price was lower and more accessible, I would have probably used the service much more.
All in all, we loved it and will definitely come back.

We will see you for Tet! (or before ;))
Thank you for the warmth.
Mary Ann, Matthieu, Eliott, Capucine and Clementine.

Room Tip: Room 163 and 164 (ground level - 1 bedroom) are ideal for families. Close to the restaurant, infinity pool, massage and beach.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I booked originally for 6 nights. After staying there for two, I had enough with the mosquitoes and moved off to a different hotel. Here are a couple of things that might bother some people:

1. Although during the day time you wont notice much, at night with the way the lighting is set up, there is just way too many bugs flying around the pool area, resturant and bar in the hotel. They have some zappers located around there but its really not enough. The frequency at which these bugs slap your face at night really breaks the mood.

2. If you plan to get the massage at the hotel, make sure to get it while the sun is still out. At night, it will be unbearable with the amount of mosquitoes flying around the massage bed. The facility is indoors and does have mosquito nets but not sure how like literally hundreds end up in the room.

3. We stayed at the sea view room but you dont really get a sea view from your room. Its more of a pool view with the pool being right outside. Inside our room, there were just too many mosquitoes and flies. There was a mosquito net for our bed but this again was not helping since we spent an hour before going to sleep just trying to zap mosquitoes that got onto the bed.

Although with all this bug control issue, the staff were great and really helpful with everything. I also do recommend that you find your own taxi at the airport since it definitely cost cheaper than booking through the hotel. The hotel charged us a fixed 10USD price but I think you can get the ride at about 5-7USD (not much but they are using a local taxi service to pick you up so the hotel is definitely taking a margin). Also, it seems on other reviews where the manager replies that they were willing to give a refund, that was definitely not the case with us. We were told since we booked through Expedia that we could not get refunded so anyone booking through these agencies should be a bit careful.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What a beautiful hotel this is! We stayed in the beach house, which was fantastic but I think every room is nice. Breakfast is very good. Everything is well maintained. You can use bycicles. The beach is clean but narrow but its ok . We loved it!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a wonderful luxurious 4 day stay at Cassida Cottages. Could not fault this place, it was pristine all round, friendly & so relaxing, the staff were so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The gardens and layout was stunning, such a joy & pleasure to stroll around.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CK_Beagles
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Aaaaagh sitting under a palm tree reading a thriller listening to the ocean - that’s my memory of cassia

Big ups - staff went went extra mile - Kerri was great and ordered up papaya on request. Excellent restaurant and soft beds in the villa with plenty of space for 2+2 family with adjoining rooms (rare in Vietnam). Wifi fast like everywhere now. Bungalow for pre-sunset happy hour is amazing then going up to the infinity pool for sundown is da bomb. Found it hard to go outside the resort - except for night market which is safe with pearls galore

A real find and will make cassia an annual.

Negs - the bed in the beach villa is rock hard I took a Valium to get to sleep and put me under the weather for the travel day. avoid unless that’s yr bag. Also for aussies (we are spoilt for beaches and islands) forget the islands down south they are overcrowded with boatloads of tourists and dirty and unsafe.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family