Coco Palm Beach Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$63
Expedia
Code(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$128
Expedia
Mimosa Resort & Spa(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$79
永安旅遊
SENSIMAR Koh Samui Resort and Spa(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Lotus Samui(Mae Nam)
TripAdvisor
Santiburi Koh Samui(Mae Nam)
Belmond Napasai(Mae Nam)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbudget hoteldvd playerwould stay againtop floorthe main roadstayed for nightschaweng
Reviewed 17 February 2015

Really liked how this hotel looked online and booked it for three nights at first, thinking to check it out and then book for the rest of the month if everything works. Room was nice, big bed, enough space to unpack your bags, stylish big bathroom, even some complimentary fruits in the room and no problems with the wi-fi. Pool and gym was also cool. Only the view (dirty wall of the next building) and the horrible aromastone-thing wasn't so nice.

The first night I woke up several times thanks to the aircon (placed outside the building but on the wall 15 cm:s from the bed) making all sorts of different noises (this was the aircon on the next room, mine wasn't even on). Also noise from the traffic. Called the lobby, explained my problem, asked for another room, guy said "OK" and hung up. Nothing happened, so I went to the lobby after 30 mins. The guy was watching football with the security guard. I was really mad and repeated everything I said before, realized the guys don't speak any (or very little) english. After a while he came to look at the aircon and wouldn't understand the problem is outside. I gave up and thought the problem would be solved next morning.

Called to the lobby the next morning and repeated the problem. Again they sent a guy to look at the aircon in the room. I then visited the lobby, explained the aircon- situation but that it was also the traffic that bothered me and asked if I could just change for a more peaceful room. Receptionist (very nice by the way) said she'll have to call the manager. Called back after an hour and said there is nothing they can do. I told her I cannot understand how could that be when I can see there's plenty ( 9 in booking.com) of rooms available. She told she'll call the manager again and get back to me. This time I waited maybe 2 hours until she called back and told me again there is nothing they can do. I didn't know what to say so I just asked to speak to the manager. Again I waited and waited but nothing happened. After using about six hours of my day I decided to go looking for the next place to stay. Never heard of the manager.

Stayed in the hotel for the three days that we had booked but will definitely never go back.

This place surely has the worst management ever. I still cannot understand it's even possible to treat customers this badly especially when the hotel is BASICALLY EMPTY?! Shame on you.

(Later I discovered this "fresh" towel with yellow stains all over it, see picture. Toilet seat also looked as it has never been cleaned properly.)

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Oona T
Reviewed 12 February 2015 via mobile

Our first impressions of the amarin weren't great it has to be said. However I think this stemmed mainly from the fact the previous hotel we'd stayed in was magnificent and it just couldn't compare in terms of quality. Anyway, it is a 3 star hotel at best. Average food. Decent pool as well. I was going to give it 3 star but decided to go with 4 based on just how helpful and friendly the staff were! Couldn't be any more helpful if they tried!

• Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank Golfmadlad88
Reviewed 8 February 2015

My partner and I stayed here for a few nights before heading to Koh Tao.

This place could really be a luxury hotel if they just invested a little bit of money into it.

Pros:
Room was beautiful
AC was brilliant
Good wifi
Great pool
Great staff
Great restaurant (in lobby)

Cons:
Quiet location, but if you want to relax its perfect
Upstairs needs some TLC. Was the upstairs bar even in service? It had barely any stock and nobody looking after it.
Pool loungers were very old and mouldy. Just buy some new cushions and it'll look lovely!
Atmosphere...this place felt like a mental institute. I think we were the only people in the hotel and it felt quite strange.

This place has the basics, but if they just spend some money on marketing, lighting in the hallways (felt like a prison), and some attention to the upstairs bar it could really be an incredible hotel.

Although my review doesn't sound great, it really was a lovely hotel and I'd definitely recommend.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ash B
Reviewed 1 February 2015

Ok, I had high hopes for this place based on all of the reviews. I can't begin to tell you of all of the ways that this hotel has failed me, yet I will because right now I'm pissed off that basics are not being covered, and on top of that I am getting horrible customer service. Very uncharacteristic for Thailand!

The first problem I had was that I was put in the wrong room. Then I had to be changed into another room which technically was an upgrade, however, they were both pretty bad.

The rooms are very old. I got a room with stains all over the walls. The bed is NEVER properly made. I don't think they change the sheets every day, and the covers are too small for the bed. Believe me, I am just beginning. From day to day I have missed receiving something. Towels, water, tea, etc. Things are moved from where I keep them too.

Nothing is cleaned properly. I mean basics here. The tub is DIRTY! One of the days I had a mask that I rinsed off in the bath and I didn't clean it all the way, just to see if it would be clean the next day, proof that it was being cleaned daily but NO! Next day the stains from my clay mask were still there.

One time I showered and because the water leaks all over the floor from their bad plumbing, and when I came back it was still there though the room had been cleaned. Some of the towels have been dirty or very worn down, completely not acceptable.

The faucets are dirty, never being properly cleaned. There are water stains from god knows when that can very easily be cleaned, but there is no attention to detail.

It also sucks that the staff at the desk barely speaks English too. It's hard to communicate and ask for what you want here. It's been harder than anywhere else in Thailand. And I mean things like can I please have some utensils? Also, yes, I was refused the damn utensils because they say people steal them so they have policy to not let their clients borrow them? Never heard of this before in any hotel.

Overall, very very veryyyyy unsatisfied. It has made my stay here in Koh Samui not as good while I am in the Hotel. Going outside is my escape from this place that always keeps disapointing me.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Sazzu
Reviewed 5 January 2015

The staff were exceptionally nice and helpful. The room we had was with a tub and view to the mountains and green field with animals roaming around. The AC was broken first night but the very friendly repairmen fixed it straight away. The breakfast was amazingly good. Fruits and eggs and sausages and pan cakes and noodles and rice. The hotel books motorbikes and cars so no need to risk passport being left at other rentals, but the hotel does run out of vehicles hence get it pretty early morning. Over all we loved the 8 day stay we had here. The staff always helpful in seeking taxis and tours and more. :)

Room Tip: Rooms with view towards mountains is best, or else you face a building or the road. Rooms have balcony for smoking or sitting outside with a cup of free coffee from the room.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple