Hotels.com
Trip.com
Westin.com
Expedia
3,764 results
All reviews westin resort family suite water slides lagoon pool kids club aqua park all ages bowling alley golf course family vacation great facilities da luigi beautiful beach unique experience health club beach restaurant half board
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2022

We spent two weeks at Costa Navarino in August 2022, staying at the Westin. I go to resorts like Costa Navarino for two primary reasons: (a) kids club for my 5 and 8 year old boys and (b) to be able to sit by the pool with a cocktail in hand. However the hotel let me down on both of these counts. In respect of kids club, it was very much tailored towards younger kids - mostly arts and crafts but not much for boys who may want to be more active. My 8 year old refused to go after the first session (we were only doing mornings 3 days a week) which of course made his little brother refuse to go. So we looked at alternatives like tennis camp - this too was a disappointment. It was extremely hot when we were there so understandably they called and said they would be reducing the session by 1.5 hours from 10:30-1:30 to 10:30-12:00. I asked if it would mean a reduction in fees and they said no - claiming it was still “better value” than private lessons (but of course i was paying for a camp with a number of kids, not private lessons, and a more sensible shift might have been to start the camp earlier). Ultimately we ended up entertaining the kids ourselves, which was fine as there is a lot to do in the resort, but if we wanted to plan activities all day we probably would have saved ourselves the money and gotten an AirBNB.
As for the cocktails - we found that the times we did sit by the pool the staff were few and fair between, and most times we wanted to order something we had to go to the bar to do so. Again, not a big deal but not the kind of service you expect at a 5 star resort. A few other points:
—It’s very expensive and the half-board only buys you dinner at the buffet, if you want to go to any other restaurants you get a discount but rarely could we order a starter and main and keep in budget.
—lots of nickle and diming - I like lemon with my tea so asked room service for some sliced lemon which they charged me for! Found that really silly and when you are spending EUR20k on a holiday you’d think they could throw some things in for free….
—the hotel is looking a bit dated, cushions on the pool chairs were stained and warned, as were towels by the pool. Housekeeping in the room was really hit and miss - sometimes it was fine and other times the housekeeper left used cups/glasses of wine from the night before (maybe thinking we still wanted to drink it the next day????)

That said, there were lots of positives. The water slides were a hit with the kids, as was Division 16 and its activities. The restaurants were good - we particularly liked De Luigi and Flame. The wine tasting with Manos and Kostas was the best thing we did - highly recommend it!

However all in, I think we would likely think twice before going back, and definitely wouldn’t go for 2 weeks. Some new hotels being built in the area and I suspect the Westin will soon become the least desirable of the lot - although at these prices you would still expect more.

1  Thank Annmarie_963
Jirayr Kececian, General Manager at The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2022

Dear AnnMarie_963,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Costa Navarino is a family friendly resort with numerous indoor and outdoor activities for our young friends, including one of the best water parks in Greece.

We thank you also about your feedback in our F&B service around the pools, that help us focus on any shortcomings and improve our services and effectiveness further.

We really appreciate your kind words about the quality of our dishes in our dining outlets, Flame and Da Luigi and the wine tasting experience with our sommeliers.

We are sorry though to read that we didn’t meet your expectations in certain areas.

We have noted your comments about our pricing policy and the the cleanliness services that are shared with the relevant departments in order to be reviewed . The resort offers the same pricing as other 5-star resorts in Europe and in many cases a much stronger value offering in pricing and variety.

We hope to have the opportunity and accommodate you again in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 21 August 2022 via mobile

We have spent a week here with our teenage sons (aged 14 and 19). The resort is full of younger families but there is not a lot for older teens and they were a bit bored. The resort is expensive and not great value for money. It is now quite tired in parts. They try and make savings wherever possible - the aircon needs turning up, the hot water is not very hot, things like Nescafé capsules for in-room drinks/shampoo were not replaced all week. In general the staff are attentive but this is not the five star resort we experienced a decade or so ago when we last visited.

Room tip: In peak season the hotel is full of young families
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank klt117120
Jirayr Kececian, General Manager at The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2022

Dear klt117120,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We apologize for not having met your expectations to the fullest during your last stay with us.

Costa Navarino has extensive amenities to meet the needs of the families of all ages.

We have numerous choices for our teen guests , including tailor-made programs and various activities.

In addition, we have a Youth Club that is has a tailor made daily and hourly program to exceed the needs of our young friends with a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities.

Please note that our offering in families has helped us to earn various global awards and accolades in the family segment.

We appreciate your comments about our pricing policy, though we are sorry to read that you found some of our services expensive. To this end, the current offering gives our guests a high value for money experience due to our flexible pricing, though, the benchmark when we hold this survey is different luxury collection resorts of the same caliber globally abd locally.
Nevertheless, we promise to review our pricing policy after your feedback.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the malfunction of the a/c and the shortcomings with the amenities delivered; to this end, we could have come and sorted out your request, if you have asked one of our associates.

Thank you for being Part of Our Story. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 August 2022

Perfect customer care almost in every aspect, the top services was from Mrs. Eleni Terizaki (Gym Manager) and from Mr. Georgy Tushashvili (Operations Executive).
The facilities and the location are breath taking, the food options and quality highest quality, the kids club and the plenty options of kids and grown ups activities, made us really very happy!!!
A must go to Spot...

Room tip: our kids loved the privat pool
Date of stay: August 2022
JIRAYR Kececian, Γενικός Διευθυντής at The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2022

Dear evgeniosnt2022

Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback about your recent stay in TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your kind words about our beautiful resort, the excellent facilities and the breathtaking views.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed the variety and quality of our dining options, the great deal of activities for families of all ages, and the consistent quality service of our people that is our most valuable resource.
Rest assured that I have already personally shared your valuable words with Elena and Georgy.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our resort and deliver more memorable experiences.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2022

Had the pleasure to send my two boys into a class wiyh Nikos Lachanos for the majority of the 2 week stay . I would be happy to recommend this activity to other parents . Great coaching gets alot out of the kids and commands good respect within the time alloted. Highly recommended.

Also other days Chrisi a Tae Kwon Do expert took classes and they were unreal too . Professional to the end

Thanks to you both amazing

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jirayr Kececian, General Manager at The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2022

Dear CF1104

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience in TripAdvisor community, in regards to your recent stay at The Westin Resort Costa Navarino.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your holiday in our beautiful resort, located in the unspoiled Messinian landscape.

It is gratifying to know that our staff, premises and overall services met and even exceeded your expectations.

I will make sure to pass your encouraging feedback to all our Team members, especially Chrysi and Nikos for their high service level offered.

Once again, thank you for choosing The Westin Resort Costa Navarino for your holiday and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2022

This was my 1st time in Greece so really wasn't sure what to expect. I checked in late at night so it was dark. My room was in one of the detached villas on the perimeter of the property so hotel staff took me via golf cart to my room. The paths were very dark around the resort. I woke up the next morning to the most amazing view of the sea. Extremely private view and a HUGE veranda with spacious and comfortable furniture. Room was very nice and comfortable with a big bathroom and couch and small table. I was at the resort for a company meeting. It is a big resort, but the mobile app provided at check in with very helpful and I was quickly able to learn my way around. The breakfast and lunch at the main hotel restaurant was delicious and varied every day. I've never seen such a selection and the quality was great. Whatever you are in the mood for, they have. Plenty of shaded, outdoor seating plus a bit of indoor seating, but I was never hot sitting outside. There are a bunch of pools at the resort and never had an issue finding a lounger and they weren't crowded anytime I was there. Food and drink service at the pools was great. Cocktails were delicious and finally got to enjoy the pizza on the last day of my stay and it was everything, yummy! I took a walk down to the beach just on one of the days. Pretty walk, slightly downhill, so could be difficult with strollers. The sand on the beach is very course with small lap waves. The restaurant down at the beach was so nice. The view, decor, food and atmosphere was relaxing and exactly what you'd expect from a seaside restaurant. Overall, the service at the property was exceptional. The resort grounds were very well kept and very lush. All of the foliage and flowers were so pretty! The resort is 100% in my top 5 resorts that I ever stayed. While I thought the resort was beautiful, it could have been anywhere in the world, it wasn't what I had envisioned Greece to be, but with that being said, I'd love to go back!

Room tip: Choose a room in one of the villas along the perimeter of the hotel. There were also rooms with plunge pools!
Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
JIRAYR Kececian, Γενικός Διευθυντής at The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2022

Dear Vickie R,

Thanks a lot for your inspiring comments, we are delighted to hear that you consider The Westin Resort Costa Navarino in your top five resorts you have ever stayed..

We are very happy that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you loved the excellent quality of our breakfast and the countless restaurant choices.

We also appreciate your kind words about our beautiful resort, the spacious rooms with spectacular views and cosy furniture.

Above all we are delighted that you loved the exciting activities we have specially designed for our guests and the consistent quality service and professionalism of our people that is our most valuable resource.

I thank you very much for your enthusiastic feedback and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for another memorable stay.

Kindest regards,