Just got back from a 10 day stay at the Mythos Palace! Mixed review but mainly good!
First of all we had a junior suite with private pool! The suite was fabulous with twin beds and two single beds! The suite was split in 3 and we felt as two females and a male that we had more than enough privacy and space! There was even a seating area just inside the suite before going out onto the decking! The room was very clean and the maid was excellent room cleaned every day beds made every day sheets changed every other day towels every day!
We had a private pool which was one of the highlights of our stay and it was large enough to hold a lilo and for us to all fit in it comfortably! During our 10 day stay it was cleaned 2 or 3 times and filtered regularly!
The reception staff were lovely and unfortunately did not get their names but the lady who replaced my sons broken armband thank you for the friendly smile and ease with which you dealt with us and the lady with the 3 month old baby who had a lovely chat showed us pics and was very friendly and helpful!
The food at the restaurant was generally very good and we could always find something to eat! We did however eat out a few times as pork is on their menu for every meal and we'd had enough and fancied a change! We did however find a lovely restaurant nearby called Coral which I would highly recommend! The restaurant staff were generally very nice and always greeted you with a calimera calispera etc there were a couple who tried to make us feel a little uncomfortable and we felt that we were being overlooked at times and ignored silly things like our plates not being collected but walking past to a nearby table to clear and waiting for ages to have our drinks order taken when you again walk past us to take a drinks order 2 tables away! But it didn't detract from our experience! We were for a majority of our trip the only English family there so it was nice to speak to the staff in a combo of English sign language and Greek
The absolute highlight of our holiday was the spa. Tamera Calliope Poppy and the wonderful Maria were fabulous! Tamera put together personal packages for us which were worth every single Euro we spent! I had a Cretan Massage as part of my first package which was done by the lovely Maria and I cannot rave enough about how good it actually was! The ladies are all very friendly very knowledgeable and warm! The spa area itself is very clean subtle and relaxing and the ladies go out of their way to make you feel comfortable! The only things I'd change would be the indoor pool at the spa is very cold and it would probably be used more if it was heated especially in the cooler months! I would also remove the gym from the spa! It's quite disconcerting to be mellowing out only to hear weights clanking down! They could use more rooms in the spa as I'm sure they have to turn away custom as they do not have enough rooms! Also they could use more than one shower! Maybe the gym could be moved to the games room which was mainly empty during our stay! Those things aside again the ladies and my spa experiences were the highlight of my holiday and if I returned to mythos palace the spa and the ladies would be a big reason why!
All in all if your thinking of going to mythos palace I'd say pay it and get packing it's wonderful!!!
Ps there's a shop on site too with everything you need but the woman in there is miserable day in day out! I'd swerve it personally!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crete is the land of myths - and Mythos Palace Resort & Spa holds a special place among them! Situated next to one of the most beautiful beaches of northern Crete, in the vicinity of the popular resort of Georgioupolis and the picturesque Kournas Lake, Mythos Palace Resort & Spa is bound to prove that the "myth" of absolute relaxation and Mediterranean luxury can become reality. From the bright lobby with the classical and Minoan references, to the impressive swimming pool in the heart of the resort, from the refined atmosphere of the rooms to the exotic beach, the refreshing Spa and the elegant restaurants and bars, everything has been designed to give you the sense of the Mediterranean geniality and subtle style. Welcome to Mythos Palace Resort & Spa, the place where myths remain alive! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, WingontravelTA and Agoda so you can book your Mythos Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mythos Palace Georgioupolis
- Mythos Palace Hotel Georgioupolis