All reviewsoxborough hallthe pubcoach house roomsnational trustjohn lennonmain buildingsunday lunchunderfloor heatingopen firepork bellyfish pient propertysea basscoaching innon arrivalfour poster bedfood was lovely
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were staying in this lovely village. The Bedingfield Arms is in a beautiful setting....we had drinks outside on our arrival. we were lucky, the weather was lovely so quiet and enjoyable. We decided to have a couple of evening meals there. On the first night we booked a table for 6pm...I think when service starts. We had to wait a while before a friendly young man came to take our order. We were the first in the room for meals. The right hand side of the bar. We ordered the sausage dish and the posh fish and chips. Whilst we were awaiting our meal four other diners came in.......most of the tables had reserved on them....we were early. The room is so small that we could hear all the conversation from the other four diners....who were obviously cruise "buffs" ha ha it was interesting to hear that the cruise they had been on was awful.....actually one of the best cruise lines in the world. I digress. Our meal came and it was enjoyable. Before we ordered we did wonder if there were any specials....none above the bar etc. However when the other four diners came in they were given a slate specials board which we squinted at....ups too expensive for us anyway.
We decided to dine there on another evening of our stay. We booked for 6.30. When we arrived we were shown into the right hand side dining room again. There were just two young ladies at another table. The remaining tables had reserved on them....again we ate early. There was a wait for our meal again, not too long I have to say and again we enjoyed.....although the veg was a little cold, the carrots a little dry.
We were fine as the room was not full.....and after our first experience with just another table of diners....we feel too many tables in the room, if you want a lovely intimate meal, you definitely wont get it, not in that room, although I have to say there were other dining rooms. Thank goodness we dined early.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely place for a pit stop snack and cold drink, or full dinner menu.
Very friendly welcome and great service.
Plenty of menu choices and relaxing setting.
Easy access from Oxburgh Hall to end your day out.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here last night as it was a rare opportunity for a night away from the normal hectic routine of the children and work.

Staff were incredibly friendly and service was both quick and on point. Venue was impeccably clean inside and out and the location quiet. Excellent outdoor area which was suitable for families and couples.

Drinks prices very reasonable and premium brands available too... rare to find a place with Grey Goose in the rural areas.

The room was incredibly clean and comfortable and surprisingly the noise, although not perfect, was not something you could complain about....unless you just like complaining.

Altogether an excellent venue and one we shall be visiting again soon.

10/10

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I visited the Bedingfeld arms on Sunday, it has a wonderful feel to it. The staff are all incredibly friendly. I had some super tasty fish and chips and a mean Bloody Mary. Would defiantly go back and looking forward to it!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Catkin P, Owner at The Bedingfeld Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear mararh1

Thank you for your lovely review.

Much appreciated.

Hope to come back soon!

Best wishes

Catkin Parker

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here overnight b&b. Lovely settings and large outdoor seating/eating area. Evening meal was delicious, although not large portions. Nice breakfast although a little slow service. Would recommend and use again if in the area

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Neil B

How kind you are to take the trouble to review us - always helpful for prospective guests wondering what to expect.

You touched one nerve for me - portion size! I find it almost impossible to get this right - only last week, I gasped with shock the size of portions being served to a group of elderly folk. I would be awful to try and guess appetites from a subjective view - so I think the best way forward is to train/encourage our waiters/servers to communicate clearly with our guests as to what the dish consists of. There will be items which are firm favourites and they are usually popular with the hearty appetites!

Slow service is frustrating and we continue to strive to overcome these occasional times - the new kitchen is now no excuse for slow service.

With best wishes