“Chez Lili Lunches and dinners”
Review of Chez Lili

Chez Lili
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Avatoru
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Lili is an amazing young, sassy entrepreneur fro Madagascar who has combined her cooking knowledge from there with Polynesian to create a diverse and excellent menu. Had multiple lunches and dinners. Friendly service, good food, and on the water. Had burgers and a variety of seafood. Right at the dock so very convenient for yachties. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Chez Lili is located on the other side of the main village of Avatoru, very close to the dock and the famous Tiputa pass.

It's a simple nice restaurant, very popular with both travellers and locals, which offers the typical polynesian staples with a malagasy touch, as the owner Lili is originally from Madagascar.

Being close to my accomodation, I tried it once and ended up going back over and over because in my opinion it was the best place where to eat in the whole Rangiroa.
I tried quite few plates, but my favourite was grilled tuna with rice and roqueufort cheese sauce: delicious! If available, don't miss the Mahi-Mahi, it's just as good as the tuna, if not more!
Juices, dessert and milkshakes are available: I tried a coconut shake which was served with a bit of sugar placed on the top edge of the glass... fantastic!

The ambience is very relaxed and there is also one of the best WiFi you can find in Rangiroa (I could upload some pics on Instagram from here but not from my accomodation!).

Since I kept coming back Lili was so nice to offer me a coffee (very appreciated) and chat a little bit about Madagascar, while listening to a famous malagasy song I heard when I travelled there years ago. She can speak good english and same goes for her blonde waitress (also very nice).

So if you're in Rangiroa, do not miss going to this place but remember to check in advance if she's open for dinner or not.

1  Thank Sputnikboy
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Perfect location. Food is fresh and very good, portions are big. Lili is very nice and cheerful. We recommend it!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The food is good but same same as in other places arround the Toatomus - if you can find food at all..... so I give that 3 stars. BUT Lili herselves adds antother two stars for service and great smiles, so we end up at the five stars. Thanks for opening up one evening when everything else was closed. Now we are regulars....cheers

Regards

John Jensen

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We were a group of 15 and had the restaurant to ourselves. Lili and one other woman did the cooking and serving and they were amazing. The food came out in stages so some of us were well into our meals by the time the last people were being served but we were all happy and just amazed that these two wonderful women could pull it off! The entrees were delicious, hot and portions were HUGE. Great local flavor and I loved the three sweet and very polite dogs that sat patiently outside the seating area waiting for generous guests to share their meals. This was the absolute best restaurant in the Tuamoto Islands. Don't miss it!