“Worst food on the Island”

Pepita Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #4 of 4 Dessert in Nusa Lembongan
Price range: US$3 - US$28
Description: Situated in Lembongan island, Pepita Cafe & Bakery offers handcrafted breakfast, lunch, and coffee in a casual setting. Featuring housebaked breads and pastries, small batch roasted coffees, and locally sourced ingredients, Pepita Cafe & Bakery is the perfect spot for a quick meal or delicious cup of coffee or tea while enjoying this small island in a cozy way
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

The staff was very unfriendly and also rushed us to place our order.
But that would have been okay if the food would have been good. The guacamole was just rediculous, I'm not even sure if there was any avocado in it. Also the rest of the food consisted basically of salt and pepper. Maybe the cakes are good, we didn't try those. But don't go for lunch or dinner. Very disappointing.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Wasn’t very impressed with this place. At all. The staff wasn’t too friendly, but they were prompt in taking our order. I had the pulled pork burger & my friend had the crab burger. She liked hers just fine. Mine however, was not good. I’m not sure what kind of meat was on the bun, (it was yellow looking in color and looked like chopped up chicken pieces, NOT pulled pork) but it was very tough & there were more apples on the sandwich than there was meat. I left still hungry. Not worth the money (one of the more expensive meals I’ve eating on the island) or the rudeness. Next.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 21 February 2018

I went to Pepita last week on my holiday. I ate during lunch time and order the Fried Noodle. It taste really good and worth the price. The venue is very cozy and the service is nice. I think this cafe is the only one with AC in the area (because most of it outdoor) so its really a good point for Pepita.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Nice place for a quick bite. We had the brownie which was delicious and a couple of juices which were also really good.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

We went to Papita’s for their set menu dinner provided free with our accomodation at the adjoining Lembongan Beach Club. The venue features odd decor and furnishings, including a gaming machine and display cases scattered with old cakes.

The service was alright and the 3 course menu was delivered promptly.
The entree was a basic soup or spring rolls which were alright. We both had the “Shrimp Breaded” for the main course. This consisted of packet frozen vegetables, an unwashed jacket potato and a wilted salad garnish. The most disappointing part was the Crumbed Prawns which were overcooked on the outside and uncooked inside. To finish the meal we had some stale deserts with icy ice cream- poor from a venue claiming to be a bakery.

We are so glad we didn’t pay for this meal. There are plenty of other great dining options on the island with much better food.

Date of visit: December 2017