See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Stayed here as a stop on a longer road trip around Europe. had no idea it is essentially in the middle of a huge entertainment type complex with a zoo, an aquarium, campsites and all manner of restaurants. This did have an impact on parking when we got there as although there is a lot of parking, it was very busy with tourists and campers. The hotel itself seems somewhat dated and the restaurant is now closed (Mac Ds is close so it's not too bad!) Though dated it did seem relatively clean and the room itself was clean enough although there was a curious pool of water in the separate toilet. The room had a balcony which was nice (not a great view but nice to have the space none the less) The bathroom seemed very dated and could do with a bit of TLC. Overall not a bad stay but will be trying another hotel next time we come this way.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2016

Again a wonderful stay at the Hotel Marso in Amnéville (France). All rooms are now being progressively renovated. Considering the perfect location (very quite), the elaborated breakfast (see attached pictures) and the excellent service, it is really worth it :)

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Gilberte O, Gérant at Hotel Marso, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Dear Madam,

We thank you for your kind comment that encourages us to continue our efforts. We give great importance to the satisfaction and well-being of our customers. So we are delighted you enjoyed our hotel and its facilities. We will welcome you with pleasure during your next stay in Amneville-les-Thermes. Best regards, The Direction

Reviewed 1 January 2016

To give our son a present for his second new year in his life, we'd chosen this '3-stared' hotel' with activities around. It turned out to be our most horrible stay in an European hotel even for us!!! Our room was just above the restaurant which is the contrary against our demand at the check-in. The directress had a crazy party in the restaurant with her friends all night long which had never been informed on their website or at the check-in. My baby cried a lot because of the noises. I went to the reception at 1h30 to ask when the party would end and the directress told me it would last for all the night long. She told me with smiling in her face that she would not change our room or give us the repayment or even lower the music down because it was the new year's eve and in France they celebrate all night long in a hotel!!! Her party friends laughed at me cruelly and I heard some insulting murmurs at back noticing that I'm an Asian faced woman. They then continued asking me about chinese things while I'm not at all a Chinese!!! But I suggest all foreigners not to go to Marso just to be insulted,esp Asian people!!! By the way, the new year's eve's price was higher. The room is very small without correct isolation against noise. The bathroom's door creaked a lot! Since the Hotel we had well payed wouldn'd let us sleep at all and we were well insulted by those vicious mocking faces of the party, we escaped from the hotel at 3am when the party still went on...

Room Tip: wifi doesn't work well
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank colorofthewind
Reviewed 21 December 2015

I've been here before and allthough the rooms are not brandnew, it used to be reasonable. But this time the carpet in my room was so dirty that I was afraid to walk barefoot on it (see pictures). For the rest it's ok, the bar is cosy and the breakfast is ok.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Ruudje0411
Reviewed 31 August 2015

There are positive points to this hotel. A friendly receptionist, a quiet location, comfortable bed clean sheets, and good air con. However, it just felt it had not been thoroughly cleaned. The carpet had a massive stain, and there was a small piece of food encrusted on the carpet. I ran my finger along the top of the head board, gathering a fair amount of grime.The balcony looked as if it had not been cleaned for weeks, with a cigarette but lying on the floor. The shower was very slippery inside and nearly caused an accident. No plug in the sink. However we slept well. I've stayed over in Amneville before, at the Roi soliel , which we preferred.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Gilberte O, Directeur général at Hotel Marso, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2015

Dear Madam, dear Sir, we read and understood your comment and regret that you have not been completely satisfied during your stay. We have noted your remarks and thank you for having informed us. Best regards, the Manager