Hotels.com
Expedia
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Having read the rewies in TripAdvisor, I was quite conserned because we had a gift card to visit the Narva-Jõesuu Healt and Spa Hotel.

Well, I have to say the trip wasn't so bad! Yes, we had some language problems with the masseur and the lady at the buffee table, but administrator, SPA lady and the restaurant staff spoke excellent Estonian! In the end we got all we needed regardless of language problems, so all ended well!

Our room was located on the 3th floor and had a (some kind of) seaview. I had requested double bed but we were given the one with twin beds. Beds and pillows were really soft and we did not find any problems with sleeping. There was a small fridge, TV with selected channels and one large closet in the room. The room could have some renovation (like a little worn-out balcony door on the outside, some scratches on the furniture and broken bathroom lock), but it wasn't bad at all. Only one minor problem - the walls are really thin and you can hear everything that goes on the room (or bathroom) next to yours! Luckily the hotel wasn't overly booked and we had quite peaceful neighbours!

I have to warn you that the SPA part is pretty small - one pool, 3 saunas and one jacuzzi. We visited the SPA around 7 PM and the pool was a little crowded. But overall we stayed for around 1-1,5 hours and it was fine for us.

One downside with the buffee dinner - I strongly suggest to visit the hotel restaurant "Kuurort" instead. Buffee dinner was 12 € per person and if we had to pay it ourselves, we would have been really dissapointed. In the other hand the food and service at the restaurant was excellent, I can even say it's one of the best I have visited in Estonia and I consider myself as a foodie! You can have a pasta or soup (do try the creamy seafood soup, the best soup I have ever eaten), dessert and a glass of wine for 12-14 € and you won't be hungry afterwards!

The buffee lunch was better - it tasted ok-ish, wide selection (2 sorts of porridge, different bread, ham, cheese, cereals, semolina mousse, sausages, fried and boiled eggs and so on, tea, syrup water and really good coffee) of food, exept of fresh fruits!

Over all it wasn't a waste of time and petrol to visit. Location is good, we were rather satisfied with our room, the SPA part was ok for us and we just loved the restaurant!

Room tip: Wifi was only accessed in public space.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Maybe not the worst place I've been, but dirty and uncomfortable. I could sleep here one night maybe, but my company didn't want to so we changed the hotel. Service was friendly, but that's about it. They were ready to change our room and we got some money back from our reservation, but I am glad we changed to a more comfortable hotel. Sure hotel has some old feeling to it, but it wasn't enough to make the place enjoyable. Pool area was kind of horrible.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Hotel and spa needs to be freshened up! Massage was great, room was quite ok, spa part - lol! Very small pool and only few sauna. Should be more options in restaurant. There are mostly russian people and they have a different culture, so I didn't like to stay there.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2016

The location is the main advantage - right at the entrance of the city i.e. on the main couch stop. First impression - a little shock due to everything being somewhat old fashioned with a premise of the corresponding scent. A room had an even more particular strange "old" smell which you cannot get used to. However, later you realize that the place has everything it promises it has which is quite alright. The sauna area and pool are cozy. The room does not have slippers, electrical tea-kettle, tea or any free drinks.However the hotel does provide you with the bathing robe. The bed was extremely cozy as well. The key is an actual key with your room number on it. So if you lose it, you would need to act quick.
The breakfast is not excellent as many has described. It is average, yet absolutely unable to say anything bad about it.

Room tip: Top floor to the sea.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Alex P
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

If you have an itch to feel like ex-soviet communistic partei member in a high position, you could try this Spa.. I mean nothing extremely bad happened, but if you compare with other estonian spas, N-J Spa Hotel leaves to with much more..
I have been in N-J hotell during conference. The auditorium was quite large, but presentation equipment failed several times during 2 days. In addition, could be great to have a proper blinds on the windows, b'cause screen was too light due to sunny weather oitside.
Accomodation is the best part of my N-J Hotel experience. Single room had nice large bed, cable TV and sweet balcony. Excellent view, fresh air and city-noise-free silence with some birds songs.. The twilight and sunrise on the balcony was amazing!
The biggest challenge was food and restaurant service. Small variety of fresh dishes, no drinks, very tight room between the tables and chairs, table cleaning was slow and not-efficient. The waitresses are low-qwalified, rude and not friendly. Not happy at all! Feels like back in soviet times, homo sovieticus rulls the place..
Spa was ok, but not good enough. There was pool room's renovation, working just furaki and 2 finnish saunas. Hamam was in some strange plastic vagoon, hopefully temporarily. When you go to hamam yiu eould expect nice mosaic seats, beautiful eastern-style disain and healthy odored steam around.. This vagoon performance was quite poor ...
So in few words - surviving average hotel with challenging restaurant and poor spa service. Prices are considerable.

Date of stay: September 2016