Open today: 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM

Reviewed 2 August 2021
2181clare
via mobile
Sadly a disappointing visit

The arcade was good but to be honest nothing else. We used to come on holiday every year and this... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Luciferann

All reviews slot machines amusement arcade per child lifeboat station burger out of season lovely walk long walk bowling wristband pier end tickets children dodgems bands fishing
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

When I heard Walton had a pier I couldn't waiting to go. Their Facebook page looked so inviting. What a disappointment!
Dated, noisy and trashy. How anyone could spend longer in there than it takes to walk out to the other side is beyond me.
Unfortunately the end of the pier was closed off so we couldn't see all of it but to be honest I think we saw more than enough.

Reviewed 15 August 2021

Walton Pier has really shown its days and will be numbered.
I want to start positively that the end pier view is wonderful and you do get a good view at Walton's seaside and the horizons such as Frinton. Beautiful photo opportunities if I say so myself. Also, it's free entrance, so that's a plus too (But then again, so is Clacton and Bournemouth).
Now, I want to stress out that the actual pier itself just doesn't look appealing anymore. Firstly, the building simply looks like a ragged old warehouse and is not very presentable in this day and age.
Some arcades were functional (They did add some new games like Jurassic Park and Tomb Raider), but the rest are either outdated or out of order (The DDR X2 that I was looking forward to playing was simply broken, and Outrun 2 was Out of Order). I'm all for old arcades, but at least have the passion to look after the machines!
Some of the attractions inside are either outdated or simply untouched.
The bar when I last visited was serviceable, but now it's non-existent (They're using it for storage that anyone can easily get inside to check out the nostalgia). Even the staff looked unhappy and some were unapproachable when querying about change or a broken machine etc.
Walton Pier can be a great venue to attend but it desperately needs a refresh and a huge regeneration development (Just like Clacton Pier). Walton attracts lots of holidaymakers and visitors, but this ghastly outdated pier will scare them away.

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

Walton pier is in need of a huge renovation, so dated. I was appalled to arrive yesterday and be charged ADULT price for my 11 year old daughter!!!!! How can you justify that?? Things are hard enough as it is without places ripping families off. Overpriced food too. Such a shame!!

Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

The tables were grubby. The kids had fun on the rides. Wrist bands are half price after 6pm so after a day at the beach it's a good way to finish for the little ones. Noticed random cleaning inbetween riders by staff which was reassuring.
Could do with a few more modern elements maybe.

Reviewed 30 July 2021 via mobile

Popped in to find no rides open, despite it being 11.30am and the Summer holidays. Very dilapidated and lots of junk everywhere. Toilets 'closed due to covid' including the disabled toilet. As we are past 'freedom day'and having young children, this isn't great. Only reason we gave an additional star is the 2p machines in the arcade are good. Pay out reasonably, issue a good amount of tickets and lots of toys to be won.

It's really not attractive to look at and needs a lot of investment which is sad.

Date of experience: July 2021