Hotels.com
Earn rewards on eligible stays
Robert16
Yorkshire, England

Excellent

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Mar 2024
I had a clear sense of this being a high-quality hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff were always standing by. My room was big, well equipped, and had one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever enjoyed, accompanied by great pillows. The in-house onsen was good. The hotel has a great ski boot room, one of the best I’ve ever used, including sophisticated individual ski equipment lockers. Excellent breakfast facilities.

The hotel is well served by ski shuttle buses to the most interesting ski areas of the Hakuba Valley because the hotel forecourt is a shuttle bus stop.

This is not a criticism of the hotel, but a piece of advice for people staying in the hotel’s vicinity. It’s not a good area to be spontaneous about evening dining. There are few restaurants within walking distance, all seem to be expensive, and seem to require reservations several days in advance. I wasn’t the only one who looked in vain for a burger bar or hot dog stand; several times I encountered family groups with petulant, hungry children and a parent consulting Google Maps before grimly commenting “there’s a pizza place seven miles away …”. Hotel Tokyu provides some in-house evening dining, but not as much as might appear: it claims to have three restaurants, but two were permanently closed while I was there, and it provides meals in the bar area. In fact, the in-house dining options, while limited, were good, but they were fairly expensive. Therefore, I recommend you plan your evening meals. Some nights, I enjoyed meals in the hotel bar, despite the cost, but some nights I did otherwise. The base station of Goryu has a Subway, so one day I returned to the hotel after skiing there with a sandwich. Another night, I bought a pot-noodle style meal (remarkably cheap) from the hotel lobby souvenir shop. By the way, there doesn’t seem to be a supermarket or convenience store anywhere near the hotel either.
Date of stay: February 2024
Room Tip: Plan your evening meals. Spontaneous approaches to evening dining in this area are not...
Trip type: Travelled solo
    HK$1,645
  • eDreams
0.9 km from Hakuba Tokyu Hotel
View more hotels in Hakuba-mura
All reviews ski lockers shuttle bus outdoor onsen french restaurant largest room buffet breakfast stayed nights awesome hotel would definitely stay here again evergreen ski school convenient location snowboarding trip spacious rooms chamonix japan happo kai
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2024

I love this hotel! The customer service was excellent from using the shuttle buses, bringing our luggage to our rooms, making three dinner reservations, forwarding our luggage to Haneda airport and our next hotel, etc. The staff was warm, friendly, and helpful. One female staff person (I forgot her name) was exceptional). I appreciate their hard work and great customer service. The hotel has a separate area on the first floor for your snowboard gear (locked closets) which was very convenient. The shuttle bus was helpful taking us to the bus terminal and other ski resorts. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again without hesitation. Thank you for such a pleasant stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2024 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. The area was perfect. All staff here from the friendly room attendants and the reception, restaurant staff were helpful & professional. The breakfast was delicious. A lovely souvenir & essentials store & a nice selection of clothing on site. The onsen was perfect with an indoor & outdoor bath.

Room tip: All rooms lovely.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2024 via mobile

I had earlier planned to stay at another hotel but on a waiting list by hotel Tokyu . A gentleman by The. Name of Yoshida wrote to me explaining very carefully all I needed to know about the hotel and that they now can house me . Very polite very helpful . They didn’t ask for a deposit which I’m not sure is the correct protocol but since they offered trust , I also decided to trust them and accept the offer .

While there every one of the staff were there to help , and there was a half jap / English chap who also guided me with tips to where to visit et al. These made up for us being a little further off the centre of things .

The bus shuttle for the ski slopes schedule by the resort was adequate although I would wish it to be more frequent .

We walked most of the time to the nearby Happo village area for foods. In the first day snow was sparing , but the coming days that all change and what a pretty site . Getting meals was tough , u need to beeok a day ahead at least , and usually only two slots 1730 or 1930 . We adjusted ourselves .

The hotel itself is well maintained, has its charm , and breakfast was excellent . I don’t understand the fuss on Google reviews saying they were all the same . It’s a buffet , of course it has to be .

Anyway all in all despite being further away from centre , think it is still an excellent hotel with impeccable and hardworking staff making sure all went well .

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2023

This is my first time in Hakuba and the choice of choosing Hakuba Tokyu is due to its central locati on pick up for Hakuba shuttle busses to various resort. After my stay I find my choice of stay at Tokyu has been the right one as the staff is very friendly and hospitable. Special mention and thanks to Mr. Tomoki who has been very prompt and helpful in restaurant recommendation and reservation. Mr. Kai who is prompt and responsive in email communication and has provided clear direction on the shuttle bus. Ms Kim for assisting us with transportation booking.
Big thank you to Ms Hiraiwa for her attentiveness and proactiveness in checking the opening of kids park in various re port, finding family restaurant for late lunch and kindness in providing first aid medication.

The room is of good size that fit 2 adult and 1 child of 6 yrs old. It is clean, tidy and cozy.
Breakfast is of good spread and good quality
Outside the hotel lobby is area where kids can play snow.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
伊達 亜希子, マーケティング at Hakuba Tokyu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2024

Dear Mr. n_suryai,
Thank you for staying with us. We are all very happy to see your comment!!! I've let everyone who you mentioned, know about your comment. These are the words that make us the happiest when we work at a hotel.
We hope you are getting home safely and that you enjoyed Japan and Hakuba.  Looking forward to seeing you again, we are.

Thanks and best regards,
Aki Date - Marketing Div.
Hakuba Tokyu Hotel

Reviewed 2 August 2023

Great Hotel that offers exactly what it says it does. Staff are friendly and helpful. Perfect spot for a relaxing weekend. Car parking available. Highly recommended. I will definately be returning. You get an A plus!

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
伊達 亜希子, マーケティング at Hakuba Tokyu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2023

Dear Mr. / Ms. D9225YTgavind,

Thank you for staying with us also "A plus" status. All of our staffs are glad to see that you have enjoyed your trip and staying in our hotel. your hartful comments inspire us more than you think they do.
Looking forward to seeing you in the near future, we are!

Thanks and best regards,