Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
Trip.com
FindHotel
All reviews after a long day mountains onsen accommodation skiing hakuba
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2019 via mobile

Very well located being just a short walk into Echoland. There is a bus stop at the end of the driveway and a bigger bus stop about 500m away. The family looking after you here were absolutely wonderful and really made our stay. The breakfasts were big and set us up perfectly for a day on the mountain. I could highly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2017

This is a small and quiet family run hotel , the moment you arrive you are made to feel part of the family , nothing is too much for them . Cooked breakfasts vary daily and are yummy. They offer shuttle service to lifts and discounted passes. The rooms are spotless and servicing immaculate to the point that even kettle is filled ready for your morning cuppa. This high standard continues into the onsen. It is located next to eco land so if you need night life it is a short walk

Room tip: We had annexe room, western but small bathroom
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2017

We returned to Heidi Hof for a second visit (the only reason we didn't stay here on two other trips to Hakuba was that on the first trip we didn't know about it, and the last trip we couldn't get a booking. On both other occasions when we stayed in other hotels they were a more 'western' experience - but we come to Japan for the cultural experience (as well as the fantastic snow!)
We had two rooms, and they ensured that we were happy with the rooms allocated to us I can recommend room 210 which looks out over the snow fields. It has four beds.
The good things about Heidi Hof are many. It is in a great location, just around the corner from Echo Land, two bus stops a couple of minutes away, and a 10 minute walk into town
It is beautifully maintained, with high standards of housekeeping, and an immaculate onsen.
But the best of all is the wonderful family and staff who look after us so beautifully. They pick you up from the bus station, and run you to the Happo One ski field,. They make restaurant reservations, and are so obliging and happy to help.
We enjoyed wonderful filling breakfasts, and had two magnificent dinners - that were the best meals we had over our 7 night stay in Hakuba.
Highly recommend that you treat yourself to a truly Japanese experience! The other major advantage is the very reasonable cost
Thank you Azusa and Isao and all your family and staff for making our family ski holiday so good. See you next time!!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2017

I stayed in Heidi Hof from 16 Jan to 19 Jan. It is a nice stay for the following reasons:

1) Location is wonderful - it is very close to bus stop to Happo one and Hakuba 47. Easy to find many restaurants nearby.

2) The hotel is managed by a family - they are super nice. They pick me up in the bus terminal upon arrival and offer to give me a ride to the bus terminal on the departure date. My departure time is in the afternoon and I can stay in the lobby very comfortable for a few hours before I leave

3) Nice breakfast - The best breakfast I have ever had in my life. Everyday is different - fresh and yummy. Freshly baked bread and wonderful eggs and yoga

4) Dinner - Don't forget to reserve a dinner in this nice place. The dinner is well cooked and super delicious.

It is a nice place in terms of price and food. I highly recommend it for others who will travel to Hakuba.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Heidi Hof for 6 nights and was given a large room at the end of the hall. This made the stay great for the 4 of us (2 adults with 2 kids, 7 & 10).

The Japanese family that run Heidi Hof was attentive. The breakfast & dinner at the hotel were fantastic. Heidi Hof offers fine dining with booking in advance. It was a 5-course meals & my kids (who are fussy eaters) loved it! The price was reasonable (about $85 per person).

The hotel has a beautiful view to the ski slope. It is close to a lane of restaurants and next to a bottle shop. It does not have laundry facilities, but there is a laundromat close by.

If we go to Hakuba again, we will certainly consider staying here again.

Date of stay: January 2016