1,845 results
All reviews steak evening meal relaxation room executive room tribute night lovely hotel steam room set menu soup leisure facilities food was lovely bed and breakfast birthday treat overnight stay afternoon tea family room treatment
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Inchyra hotel Polmont for 7 nights, we would highly rate this hotel, the staff are all very friendly and made us feel very welcomed. There were 2 bartenders at the hotel Amy and Jack, Amy made the most beautiful mock strawberry cocktails, would highly recommend them,and Jack is the most attentive barman, 10 out of 10 for these 2 young people.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank karenselfe
Inchyramanager, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Karenselfe,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us for your honeymoon for 7 nights here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa. Congratulations to you both, and it was great that you had an enjoyable stay.

We, as a team are passionate about the hotel and the service we provide, and it was therefore great to see that you had a fantastic time with us. I will certainly pass on your personal thanks to Amy and Jack who looked after you during your visit, and made some lovely mock cocktails for you.

Thanks again and we really look forward to welcoming you back again soon. With that in mind please do not hesitate to contact me, once booked, on gm.inchyra@macdonald-hotels.co.uk, and I can certainly look at enhancing your next stay in some way.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Where do I start!! Rooms ok but in need of updating, broken tiles in bathroom, rust hand rails , view of brick wall.
Restaurant- pure chaos, felt ignored, took ages for someone to take order, had to chase drinks, took over 2 hours for 2 courses, when main course eventually came it was dried up as if it had spent ages on a hot plate. Did not bother with dessert as couldn’t stand being there any longer!
Breakfast no better, ran out of plates glasses and milk at cereal / continental bar. Cooked breakfast average at best.
This hotel has potential to be a good hotel but needs better management, staff are running about getting nowhere

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank edwina50
Inchyramanager, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Dear Edwina50,

Thank you for choosing to visit us recently and for taking the time to post your review online.,

Please accept our apologies that you had issues with the service in the restaurant during your visit, and that the meal took longer than expected to be served. I will certainly share your feedback with the kitchen and restaurant management teams and investigate the points raised in your feedback.

Apologies also that at the busiest point at breakfast there was a slight delay whilst items were topped up. We endeavor to have all items on the buffet at all times.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback with us, and apologies that you had encountered longer than expected delays over the course of your visit.

We do of course look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked a two night stay as a halfway rest before traveling home.
Situated just off the M9 Motorway and very well located to visit Stirling and Falkirk.
A lovely hotel, with excellent staff members who couldn’t do enough for us. The food is excellent with a lot of choices and some lovely cocktails on offer as well.
We both decided to book a spa session during our stay, which was very pleasant and I enjoyed immensely and would highly recommend a visit, including the indoor swimming pool.
A well appointed room, with a huge bed overlooking the tennis courts but slightly disappointed that there was no air conditioning as the weather was extremely hot during our stay. The only suggestion I have, is that the hotel should consider an outdoor beer garden or something similar, as their current patio is far too small and inadequate for a hotel chain of this reputation.
Would definitely consider another stay at this location.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Inchyramanager, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Jim C,

Thank you for posting your online feedback following your recent stay with us before travelling home.

It was fantastic to see that you both found the hotel to be lovely, and the staff excellent, along with the food and cocktails.

We did experience hot rooms during your visit which did make them uncomfortably warm during the hot spell. We are currently looking at options at the rear of the hotel for a potential lounge area at this time.

Thanks again for visiting the hotel and for passing on your feedback it is greatly appreciated and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again. With that in mind, once booked, please do not hesitate to contact me on gm.inchyra@macdonald-hotels.co.uk, and I can certainly look at enhancing your next stay in some way.

GM

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

It started with the rong room .We had reserved a 2 beds room got one bed.
I had called them before to ask for a low barrier shower was told"no problem" but got one with a bathtub shower.Asking for a different room we had to learn that they have no other shower.Dinner was another disappointment. The Ceasar Salad reminded me on one I hada about forty years ago in the former Soviet Union
Bad tasting and portion for an infant.
It got worse when I got the ribeye steak.meat quality my dog would complain.
Later in the bar we asked for nuts.Answer:The kitchen is already closed.
The false fire alarm at 1am was just completing the annoying experience.
NEVER EVER AGAIN

1  Thank madbo0

Dear Madbo0,

Thank you for choosing to visit us recently and for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

Please accept our apologies in regards to the points raised. Having checked the booking information, in fact a double room was booked with one bed and confirmed. However, the team on being made aware the room booked and confirmed was incorrect swapped the room immediately for you.

Our Caesar salads are made to the traditional recipe including whole Anchovies and we are sorry if this was not to your liking. I have passed on your feedback regarding the food to our chefs. We buy all of our steaks from Scot beef and I am therefore at a loss as to why you steak would not be to the highest quality, again i have discussed with our chef and asked him to look in to this.

We offer complimentary nibbles before dinner in the bar, as well as a 24 hour sandwich menu on room service. I have again passed on your comments to the bar team in regards to offering the sandwich menu after hours.

I am sorry that you felt the fire alarm activation was an annoying experience for you, thank fully it was a false alarm.

We of course do look forward to welcoming you back should you be visiting the area again in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Had an excellent stay from start to finish. Lovely welcoming staff. Upgraded to fabulous huge room with separate seating area. Lovely treat of fruit bowl and anniversary cake tray. Room was very clean and tidy. We had a dinner, bed and breakfast meal. Went down for dinner and were given some complimentary pink champagne with strawberries. Lovely surprise. We had the choice of a set menu or money towards the a la cart menu. Lovely choices on both. All staff were really friendly and helpful. We asked if they could do onion rings which were not on the menu and the chef went out of his way to make very tasty ones. Our meal was lovely and tasty, the only complaint was we couldn't finish it all as we were too full. Thank you. You really made our night extra special with all the little touches and would definitely recommend you to friends and family. Thank you so much

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Inchyramanager, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear Lezah69,

Thank you for choosing to visit us at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa recently and for taking the time to post your review, following you anniversary stay.

It was fantastic to see how much you enjoyed all elements of your stay, and it was great to see that the team were all friendly and helpful. We, as a team are passionate about the service and product we deliver and I really look forward to sharing your review with all members of the team.

Thanks again and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. With that in mind once booked, please do not hesitate to contact me on gm.inchyra@macdonald-hotels.co.uk, and I can look at enhancing your next stay in some way.