1,844 results
All reviews steak evening meal relaxation room executive room tribute night lovely hotel steam room set menu soup leisure facilities food was lovely bed and breakfast birthday treat overnight stay afternoon tea family room treatment
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Had an excellent stay from start to finish. Lovely welcoming staff. Upgraded to fabulous huge room with separate seating area. Lovely treat of fruit bowl and anniversary cake tray. Room was very clean and tidy. We had a dinner, bed and breakfast meal. Went down for dinner and were given some complimentary pink champagne with strawberries. Lovely surprise. We had the choice of a set menu or money towards the a la cart menu. Lovely choices on both. All staff were really friendly and helpful. We asked if they could do onion rings which were not on the menu and the chef went out of his way to make very tasty ones. Our meal was lovely and tasty, the only complaint was we couldn't finish it all as we were too full. Thank you. You really made our night extra special with all the little touches and would definitely recommend you to friends and family. Thank you so much

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Inchyramanager, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear Lezah69,

Thank you for choosing to visit us at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa recently and for taking the time to post your review, following you anniversary stay.

It was fantastic to see how much you enjoyed all elements of your stay, and it was great to see that the team were all friendly and helpful. We, as a team are passionate about the service and product we deliver and I really look forward to sharing your review with all members of the team.

Thanks again and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. With that in mind once booked, please do not hesitate to contact me on gm.inchyra@macdonald-hotels.co.uk, and I can look at enhancing your next stay in some way.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

It’s not like me to only give a two rating but on this occasion after a two nights stay feel that’s an honest rating.
Positives is the front of house staff gym which has been refitted since the last time I stayed here nice pool side and sauna.
Hotel is slightly dated but nothing to really bother me.
Main reason for the poor marks it’s the poor overpriced food the steak was average at best and the peppercorn sauce was more like gravy or Morrison’s basic range from a jar.
Thought I’d try the the cheese board after £9 for 3 oak cake two pieces of cheese that wouldn’t satisfy a mouse and some supermarket chutney!!
On to the breakfast!! There was a lot of bikers staying in the hotel so breakfast was busy but big queues with people waiting for bread hame cheese and basically everything off the continental selection when it was replenished there wasn’t enough for the people waiting hence the wait continued all in all by the time I got my food I’d been in there an hour or so
I don’t blame the staff they were doing there best but obviously management must have know the amount of people staying and couldn’t have arrange a helping have during this rush.
So disappointed I cancelled my booking for next week and will find an alternative.
I’m summary hotel is ok but avoid eating here at all costs!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank 968martin

Dear 968martin,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for taking the time to post your review on line.

It was great to see that you found the front of house staff and the leisure club to be positives of the hotel. Please however accept my apologies if you felt the food was not value for money, and that you had to wait some time due to the large group in at the same time.

I will certainly discuss the points raised with the management team, and look at how best to provision this moving froward.

We of course do hope that you would give the hotel another opportunity when you are next in the area and with that in mind please do not hesitate to contact me on gm.inchyra@macdonald-hotels.co.uk, so that we can discuss further.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

The hotel itself is OK, but nothing more. As far as food goes the Breakfast is the star of the show. The rooms are Ok, but are quite tired in places, they could do with a good make-over. I've seen some bad reviews about service etc, but I couldn't disagree more - everyone in the Hotel is really friendly, and if there are ever any hiccups with service then they will do everything they can to help. And if you are lucky enough to be staying when Paige is behind the bar then you are in for an absolute treat - you will be served by the happiest most easy going barmaid I have ever met, she truly is a star.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Highwayman,

Thank you for posting your review online following your recent visit to the hotel.

It was great to see that your enjoyed our breakfast selection and it was of course fantastic to read how much the team made your stay. In particularly Paige who looked after you when in the Steakhouse. We, as a team are proud of the service we provide, and as you mentioned the team will do anything to rectify any issues brought to their attention. I will certainly pass on your personal thanks to Paige as well as to share your review with the rest of the team.

We have started this week to refurbish a block of 6 rooms, and then another block will start in July. We do have an ongoing maintenance plan in place and will continue to make improvements over time.

Thanks again and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I stayed at the Inchyra hotel for several weeks whilst working in the area, the hotel is Okay however for the cost you would be better off at the premier in, rooms are a bit dated and the food very expensive for what you get.

It tries to come across as a top end hotel and does a lot of corporate business during the week with a lot of tourist coaches and tribute acts at the weekends

The facilities such as the gym and pool are very good and expect that's what you are paying a premium for, I would suggest they try mixing the menu up from time to time with some more down to earth food.

On a very positive note - the staff I had a chance to talk to them from time to time and found them very helpful from the breakfast staff to the evening team, you could see a good relationship with them, a really big shout out to Jack (who cant watch the world cup due to work) Page and Amy who worked very very hard to keep the customers happy and the three of them had a great work ethic that should be noted by their Management - thanks for making a long stay welcoming

Room Tip: I was in 264 which backed on to the tennis court which was a decent enough room but mattress was past its sell buy date.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank rippedoffTeesside

Dear rippedoffTeesside,

Thank you fro choosing to stay with us during your business trip recently, and for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

It was fantastic to see that you found all members of the team to very positive, and in particularly the bar team who looked after you during your time with us. It is great to see how well they are doing and I will certainly pass on your thanks to both Jack, Paige and Amy.

We have just started a refurbishment of 6 rooms and will be starting another 6 rooms in the next few weeks. As a team we have passed on suggestions that we introduce a different menu for mid week and a mixture of dishes on a rotation for our regular guests.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel ok public areas fresh but rooms and corridors tired and carpets threadbare.Service was extremely poor ,long wait for attention ,dirty glasses on lunch table,obvious lipstick marks on 3 !!Our beds were not made up on arrival at room .Asked about party night menu for later ,told “oh I don’t know ,don’t think they know yet !”Returned from spa and beds still not made ! Party night itself was great ,dinner tasty served quickly .Feeva the band were brilliant and had floor filled all night. Breakfast was a shambles !! As we were in company of 8 it was suggested we book a time ,10.30 when main rush over so all seated in time,10.50 eventually asked for hot drink orders ,had to ask for missing crockery ,again dirty items on table.Cold buffet hidden in corner ,were not told about it .Hot choice came one by one after another 20 minutes wait ,only got half our toast no butter on table then got one portion for six of us!! Highlight of the trip was the great entertainment !shame it spoiled by shoddy service.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Inchyramanager, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear jennyb2551,

Thank you for visiting us to stay overnight and attend one of our fantastic tribute nights.

It was great that you enjoyed the tribute night and you all had a great time. The menu was set months ago so i am at a loss as to why the reception team member was unable to assist when asked. I will certainly pas on to the team to ensure they all have the information to hand in the future.

Please accept our apologies that the breakfast was not served to our normally very high standards due to the volume of guest having breakfast at the same time. I have shared your feedback with the team to review, and to make the necessary changes moving forward.

Thanks again and we certainly looking forward to welcoming you back to one of our events in the future.

GM