De Vere Beaumont Estate
TripAdvisor
The Union Inn(Old Windsor)
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsbuffet stylelarge hotelblue wingold schoolstaff were helpfulnewer roomstwin roombeautiful groundsroyal weddinghot and cold foodamazing hotela la carte restaurantwindsor town centrethorpe parklocal attractionscouldn tthoroughly enjoyed our stay
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel and breakfast were really good. Rooms were clean and well equipped. The breakfast was excellent with a good choice. I would recommend to go early though as it did get quite busy after 8 o'clock.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were attending a family wedding at the Beaumont 24-26th May. On the first night at half past midnight the smoke alarms went off. After looking outside our room we saw that other people were going outside. Approx 50-60 people including very young children waited outside for about 10 mins. The alarm stopped after 5 mins guests started to return to their rooms. There was not one single member of staff there during any of that period. Where on earth were the fire Marshall’s???? No one owned to being a Marshall. We did not have a phone in our room !! If we had a phone we could have phoned reception to find out if it was a false alarm.
Ladies do not put your keycard to your room in your handbag as it renders keycard inactive!!!! This happened to other guests as well as us.
When checking out I mentioned to the receptionist that we ourselves and 50 odd others had to evacuate the building on the Thursday night. The receptionist said “I don’t know i wasn’t working that night”. I asked if management had been notified and he said “I don’t know”. I’m sorry to say this but fire safety is immensely important. Our family wedding went well.

Room Tip: If going there for a party or wedding ask to have a room that is near the function and not the complete opposite eg 1/4 mile walk.
1  Thank ireneandbarry24
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall what a poor hotel especially with the De Vere name and 4 star rating. (God knows who rated it that/when). The facade of the front of the property is beautiful and picturesque. What you won't see in the pictures is the counsel estate inspired buildings behind the main house that makes up most of the hotel.

I booked 2 nights here Thurs 24th May - Saturday 26th. We arrived on Thursday to a very full and hectic car park. We had no idea it would be so busy. It appears the venue hosts allot of large scale events that their infrastructure cannot support. We arrived after the advertised check in time to be told our room was not prepared and we would have to wait. 3 pm is not an early check in time and you would expect a room to be ready not a great start. They also provide you with a Disney styled hotel map because this place is so enormous.

We eventually were given a room and made our way to our Superior room which really didn't seem very superior. I couldn't identify a single feature of our Superior room that wouldn't be present in a Travelodge basic room. On top of that, like other reviews, the room was filthy. Bird poo on the inside of the blind (somehow?), mold on the ceiling, dirty linen (possibly blood?), broken light fixtures, dusty lights, broken bath plug, see through toilet door (why?), single glazed window under the flight path so its very noisy, soft in a bad way old bed which had a mattress topper that was clearly a number of sizes smaller than the bed, the TV hasn't been re-tuned in years so there's allot of dead channels. Looking back on their website, De Vere don't actually state what the difference between room classes is so I assume there is nothing. Might as well get the cheapest available because things can't get much worse right?

We tried to persevere with our room and settled in. Next mornings breakfast was equally as disappointing. A buffet with few options, dirty tables everywhere and had to clear our own, for some reason tables are arranged into enormous 12 seaters, no clean plates/bowls and the chairs and tables are all quite literally on their last legs with many people commenting on how they rock. Strangely at the end of our breakfast with empty plates in front of us a waiter came round with a bucket of bacon asking if we would like some. 4 star service there, where else would you get a random waiter offering everyone bacon?

On Friday evening we returned to our room to the booming music of the function below and this truly was the last straw. No notice on their website about noise and with the planes there's allot of it on any given day.

We went down to reception and asked when the curfew was....1 am! So in for a long night we complained and credit to the receptionist Geva who was very helpful, we were upgraded to a better room away from the noise. Its worth mentioning here the fire alarm starting sounding in the reception which the staff scarpered to silence. I've read other reviews mentioning this alarm going off persistently so it seems they have some sort of issue here which is concerning. Does it actually comply with fire safety regs?

Whilst this improved our stay it doesn't excuse the hotel from having a filthy room and just hoping people put up with it. Even the upgraded room needed some painting and touching up with some questionable stains around the room.

Overall a really poorly ran establishment. Only the best of the best rooms are advertised and unfortunately you will most likely be left with a below standard stay. It seems this venue caters heavily to family's heading to Legoland and events and cares little about being a 4 star hotel. Don't be fooled by the pictures. This place is not what it seems.

Room Tip: Rooms above the event rooms are noisy
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I did a package via Thorpe Park 2 days and overnight in the Hotel. As my children are teenagers I have asked for an extra bed in our Family Room (was done before we arrived). The room was still quite spacious considering we had a huge Kings Size Bed, pullout sofa and a foldaway bed.
Upon our arrival, we had a bottle of red wine in our room for my husband (hotel's treat).

Dinner was fantastic, could not fault it. Lovely starters, main and dessert. We were very lucky with the weather, so a beautiful stroll back to our room through gorgeous gardens. Beds were very comfy, especially after a mad day at Thorpe park.
After breakfast, which was included in our stay, we were ready for the second day at the Park.
Thank you for making our stay very special. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an extra bed if needed
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing hotel and had an excellent stay. Can’t believe I’ve just read a negative review from someone saying ‘their husband was on crutches ‘ surly you’d ring up first to check it was ok! Anyhow my mother has a disability therefore I rang up beforehand to request a room downstairs near to the car park. After reading comments on here I also requested a renovated room and a fridge for our room and perfect my request was given! We loved our stay and reception couldn’t have done enough for us: prosecco on arrival, excellent taxi service for the wedding. Loved the grounds, pool great.

1  Thank Vickyah21