All reviews travel lodge shopping mall room overlooking the lake excellent location clean rooms family room multi story car park short walk shopping trip morning breakfast friendly chat extra parking standard of hotel breakfast was excellent outstanding customer service top floor would stay again
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Described exactly what happened on the night of my arrival and the review was deleted...

I'll also add the room we stayed in was dirty. It wasn't vacuumed properly and there was pubic hairs in the bathroom.

Here is a repost:
The hotel looked promising at first, however after 5 hours travelling we checked in late, around 22:30 to be told there are no rooms available. There was another guest in the reception area who had the same issue. I had this room booked over 6 weeks in advance.

We were told by reception they have no rooms left available, even though we booked well in advance. The rooms were down for "maintenance" or overbooked which I believe was the case. We were shipped off to Travelodge Gravesend, a 22 mile round trip between the 2 hotels, as well as paying the Dart Charge for the Dartford Crossing which I wanted to avoid.

We were offered no reimbursement or any sort of compensation.

Room tip: good views, rooms not cleaned properly
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2018

After booking this hotel a couple of months before, I started seeing reviews on this site that were quite mixed which left me feeling quite worried. Well I am very happy to say that my concerns and worries were for nothing. We arrived quite late at night but were greeted by friendly staff in reception. Check in was quick and smooth. The hotel which is very clean is served with lifts to all floors. Our room which was a family room was spacious with comfortable beds and a good size bathroom. The rooms are very well maintained and clean. The best thing about this hotel is the spectacular location overlooking the lake and the easily reachable shopping centre and retail parks which are all a walkable distance away. Overall our experience at the Travelodge Lakeside was a very positive one and along with all the staff that we met who were ALL very friendly and helpful, I would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Relax428347
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Ideal location for shops and city. Close to Lakeside Shopping Centre and easy to commute into London. Short distance from M25. Lovely overlooking lake. Ideal for restaurants. Friendly staff and very clean. Comfortable beds.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank keeleykarby
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Was value for money, was comfortable and clean, plenty of space, Bright and well maintained building, free parking outside, plenty of plug sockets and staff were helpful but didn’t bother you, will be booking again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank katyp782018
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I must first say. I have never left a review anywhere before, and tend to never judge a place from reviews.

Overall the hotel is clean and tidy and you get what you pay for, but the reception staff..

Be careful of Jamal and Ellechea. At first I actually found Ellechea very warm and sweet, until she told a guest to F*** OFF! After witnesses her and a team members eating a customer KFC delivery. Second of all Jamal. Every occasion I have seen him, made me dislike him more and more. Ignoring guest; not being very polite and always raising his voice. At first I felt as he may be a manager, noticing him bossing other staff members around. Later to find out, that he’s actually a regular staff member. The last straw I had with him was a fight he had with a customer, along side Ellechea over a young boys KFC which both of them, had ate minutes after the delivery man had left. He was only shouting at the guest, who food it had belonged too.

Overall the hotel is very good for the price. But the staff had let it down.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank David J
TravelodgeUK, Tilly from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Thurrock Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with regards to our Thurrock Lakeside Hotel.

We are truly sorry to learn of the experience you have had whilst staying with us. We would kindly ask you contact one of our Customer Services Advisors with your review via our website help form to look into this more thoroughly.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.