Hotels.com
eDreams
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
1,058 results
All reviews main hall hole golf course coach house mews room drawing room the outdoor hot tub steam room evening meal lovely hotel wedding party raby hunt relaxing break lovely surroundings from start to finish junior suite bed and breakfast main course
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2022 via mobile

Fantastic country hotel. Super friendly staff, lovely rooms, spa, restaurant and gardens. Very dog friendly! Food was much better than expected, especially the evening dinner specials / pistachio cake and hake with crab sauce especially good!

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 16 May 2022

I’m finding it difficult to convey how utterly wonderful this hotel is, and how exceptional our experience of it was this weekend.
We chose the venue as our weekend escape with friends based primarily on its location, spa and golf facilities. We were hopeful that the bedrooms and food would be nice based on the photos and reviews we’d seen online, but our expectations were massively exceeded at every opportunity.
Firstly I must mention the service, which was attentive, welcoming, friendly and yet professional; delivered with such ease it made us feel like we were the only guests there. This is no mean feat, because the hotel bars and restaurant were in fact very popular, and I knew why when our food arrived.
The menu is inspired, delivering local fresh produce cooked to perfection and pairing flavour combinations a cocktail mixologist would be proud of. From the piquancy of the pickling liquor used for the slivers of rhubarb accompanying the mackerel pate, at lunchtime, through to the indulgently rich but perfectly balanced shallot and garlic sauce accompanying the wild mushrooms and beef at dinner time, every dish we had the privilege of eating only made us wish we were staying a second night.
As for our bedrooms, the description “deluxe double” doesn’t quite define the level of luxury we found behind our doors. Our jaws dropped upon entry into our bedroom in particular (Lyme - room 8 on the first floor), which is very tastefully furnished and comes with a bathroom fit for a queen!
I could go on and on about this beautiful building, it’s lovingly maintained grounds, golf course and spa facilities, but I’ll sign off with one more comment about the staff: every single person we spoke to was an absolute joy to deal with, delivering a level of customer service I haven’t experienced in a very long time. Daniel and his entire team should be extremely proud of what they’ve achieved and I have no doubt that a highly successful and award winning future awaits them all. Looking forward to finding out when we return!

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 30 April 2022 via mobile

Can’t begin to tell you what a treat this was! We enjoyed a morning in the spa followed by treatments and dinner in the Orangery on the afternoon. It was the perfect day, and a lovely way to spend a birthday!

The spa at Headlam is stunning, lots of places to relax whether it be indoors or outdoors. I absolutely loved the treatments and found the therapist Rachel I think her name was so friendly and really knowledgable. She gave me great advice on skincare!

Dinner after was incredible! The best meal I’ve eaten in years. I had the beef followed by a crème brûlée. Fantastic value for money and the service was great!

Would highly recommend visiting, it really was the best day!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2022

What a treat , we went as a group of 3 for mine and my sisters birthday and had an amazing time from start to finish. The hotel and spa was immaculately presented it had everything you could ever need and the furnishings inside and out were lovely even fluffy blankets if you got a bit chilly . We all had treatments and lunch included in the offer , the food was beautiful I had the beef and lemon tart and it was really nice 10/10 . What a lovely day will definitely be looking to come back as soon as we can…. Can’t wait

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2022 via mobile

Sunday night DBB stay in Spa room with 2 hour spa session.

Easy to find using satnav, though take care on the single track road to the village as there are very few passing places.

Staff were all brilliant; friendly and helpful from the first to the last.

Room and bed very comfortable with a super soft mattress. Air-conditioning unit was a bit noisy, even when turned off.

Spa was very quiet and relaxing with everything working and just the right temperature.

Dinner was very nice and all perfectly cooked, with sides included as part of main course and not an extra like some other inclusive menus. Service was excellent and paced just right. Breakfast was also perfectly cooked, although some breakdown in communication with the kitchen meant it was delayed so had to rely on toast to start with.

Only other comment is on lack of signage as to where reception was both from the carpark and once in the main building.

Definitely will be back again.

Room tip: Take care on the single track road to the village as several blind bends and few passing places. Main hotel entrance is brown door. Turn right for main reception.