“Great hospitality, boozy ice cream”

Melyn-y-Gors Dining
Ranked #18 of 29 Restaurants in New Quay
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Always a welcome stop for a cuppa and a chat.
Owners and staff are so welcoming and always time for a chat.
Great food, great ice cream, not sure the rum and raisin is suitable for the designated driver though .

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

We could not fault the owners they were brilliant and what ever you wanted for breakfast they would provide and plenty of it The food throughout the day was also very excellent and plenty of it again we all had an amazing time and can’t thank them enough

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Dropped in for a bit of lunch and my wife ordered a bowl of leek and potato soup and I ordered a bowl of Lamb Cawl.
Feeling a bit hungry I also ordered a ham and cheese panini.
The owners who cook everything fresh must be used to feeding the Welsh Rugby team as we were both served a very large bowl of excellent soup and stew, good sized roll with lots of butter, followed by a salad and a panini twice the size I usually expect to see!
I couldn’t do it justice after the wonderful stew (you just have to try it!) so they wrapped the panini up and put the salad in a container to take away. Lovely couple and fantastic food. (I can’t seem to be able to rate the section on Service, food and value but I give 5 star on all)

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

This place is an absolute gem in a really beautiful, quiet area. We were walking the coastal path when we stumbled across it and it offered a brilliant rest for tired legs.

Fantastic home made food in a gorgeous cafe that felt really homely, with exemplary service. This is one of those places I will really look forward to returning to in years to come, a very memorable visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Whenever we visit Cwmtydu either for the beach or the coast path walk, we have to call in for a coffee, lovely to sit on the patio outside in the peace and quiet. Good selection of snacks and absolutely gorgeous cakes too, parking is either in the free seafront car park which does get very busy or there is parking with an honesty box opposite the restaurant.It can and does get very busy with visitors as it is a great stop off on the coat walk. Lovely friendly staff, dog friendly patio too, well worth a visit.I did take loads of photos of the area, transferred em to the pc ready to add to reviews but..cannot find them and wiped my phone, gutted as there were some fabulous unset shots too.Be aware the roads down are very narrow and do get very very busy.