All reviews mr gandhi the owner karaoke night hotel is located beautiful view cold weather pleasant stay triund trek hospitality mountains waterfall dharamshala terrace india library
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Went there with family for 2 night stay, but had to shorten it to 1 night(that too coz we had paid advance which couldn't be refunded).

The only advantage is mountain view. Hotel is in the middle of nowhere, and nothing is at walking distance(as they claim)

Very rude manager, highly unprofessional staff, small rooms with queen size beds, lifts n lights are not switched on to save electricity,hotel n restaurant is always dark, staff is not allowed to switch on lights without due permission of manager, ongoing construction in hotel, stinking conference room with TT table(with no ball available), dirty bucket with cracked mug,extremely dirty bathing water.

All this makes perfect recipe for spoiling your trip! Won't recommend it to anyone! Pls refrain from staying here at any cost!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank rsk0123
SG_7_62, General Manager at Hotel Gandhi's Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Guest !

How about your not paying the extra bed charges . The entire problem starts when you are asked to pay for the extra bed .

At the time of booking you are not interested to pay for the extra bed and you dont want the same for the child as you want to adjust him in your bed .

After the check in you want him to be given extra bed and not to pay for the same not even for his breakfast which you want him to be given complementary.

Sir if you expect the services , you must pay for that . Hotel can not afford to give you every thing complementary. rather your behavior with the bell boy was so rude that he was not keen to serve you and infact non of the staff members were keen to serve you
You are not suppose to be shouting on the poor boys . They are there to serve you and not to listen your shout.

We are considering your feedback Sir but at the same time we hope that you will definitely keep in mind when ever you check in the hotel next.

Thanks

Reviewed 12 June 2018

My family faces lot of issues with the hotel and the staff.
When i reached the hotel , i found that it is under construction and yet
they are taking new bookings.
When i entered the hotel, the hotel manager told me very rudely that your booking details does not match with us and it is a non ac room and although I booked an ac room.
Then i found that there lift is working only for the staff but not for us.They gave us room 3 floors down where i need to use stairs.
While entering the room i checked the room wifi and tv were not working.
I complaint it to the manager but he told me that you need to contact to hotels.com because this is how there hotel is.
The dinner is available in the late night and their lift is not working and all the stairs are slippery and the manager was very rude that he was not helping to send someone to help us come out from the room.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank shashankec

Dear Guest !

At the time of check in you are saying that you are coming form a travel agency ( We dont want to mention the name of a reputed company) and you should be upgraded with the room category as you had booked the highest category of room with independent balcony but you are given a wrong voucher of base category.

Then you want the hotel to give you complementary AC Room as the booking was of Non AC Room.

You never wanted to pay for the Breakfast for your child.

And then you are threatening the Hotel staff at the time of check in that if your demands are not met , you will write a negative review and also ask your company to not to give us ant future bookings.

Very unfortunate sir , must pay for what you want the hotel to serve .

Thanks

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel staff was very polite, owner Mr. Sanjay Gandhi is a gem of a person.
You get clean rooms a view from rooms and the roof top is unmatchable experience you get at Hotel Gandhi’s Paradise.
You get parking facility as well.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

The only reason I chose this hotel was I read that this is close to the temple. But that is not true. Temple is 1.8 km away from the lodge. I would prefer not to call it as hotel as this is a private property still under construction and you can see half concrete and cement still there. Staff and front desk people are very unprofessional. Initially I had booked a luxury suit room for 2 nights but later I changed that for one night. I am now thanking to myself. Pls stay away from this lodge. Room literally stinks. You have to face the complete road traffic jam at the main square. So better stay at some good hotel in lower dharamshala. If you are a family.. I would not suggest you this hotel. Finally my money is wasted totally.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SUMIT B
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I had visited Macleodganj recently. Since it was season time I found most hotels fully booked for my dates. Moreover more than 150 hotels have been sealed so there was shortage of hotels. I landed up booking Hotel Gandhi Paradise going by the review and pictures on the net. I booked it directly through the hotel and Mr.Sanjeev Gandhi who is the owner was too sugar coated on the phone. So I thought it would be a decent place to stay.

On reaching there I felt completely embarrassed in front of my family as I had done all bookings. The property was under construction and lights of the hotel were switched off to save electricity.

The owner looked shabby and uneducated which got proved in next two days.

Let me start with the location of the hotel. Its located in a dark dingy corner of mcleodganj which is very far from the main market area.There is actually no reception just a counter and is a 16 room hotel with 3 to 5 in house local staff. The room which we booked was suppose to be a luxury suite but the size was smaller than a standard double room .one extra bed in the room could only fit a 5 year old child. The remote of the AC was missing and then we learnt u had to pay an extra of Rs.500 for A.C. per day.

The luxury suite was suppose to have a inhouse sink. But the owner had cut the water supply. Miser guy. The bathroom was WORST than a railway station bathroom with leaking pot and geaser. U had to literally stand in the pot water to have bath. Sick.

The restraunt was dingy and sick looking so we decided not to include breakfast.please don't the owner is too miser to serve hygienic food.

The owner switched off the mains of the electricity from 4 am to 6 am to save power and did not even put on the generator. On complaining he said some repair is going on. When asked why was the generator not swited on he said his staff was asleep. Then when we made more noise as it was really hot the owner put the mains on. Not only this the owner gets water supply disconnected during breakfast hours to save water cost.

We were so fed up that we had booked this place for 3 nights but decided to the checkout after two nights. As we could not take it any more.

At night the owner puts on only zero walt red and green lights in the hotel. U will get a feel of staying in a broken ghost house.And spiders are anyway in the room.

My two days in Macleodganj was royally made disastrous because of this bugger Sanjeev Gandhi.

The strategy of this guy is he first overcharges you and does not provide basic amenities and refunds u a small amount for his pathetic services.

I fold my hands to not book this hotel for the sake of your family and loved ones.

In the pictures i have posted there r no points for gussing what is real.

His make my trip and Google reviws r all fake or bought.pls don't get fooled by them as we got.

You will notice after my candid review Mr Sanjeev Gandhi will have few good reviews arranged by his own staff and people he knows.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank tab187
SG_7_62, General Manager at Hotel Gandhi's Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hi, our reply is not at all addressed to the False, fabricated feedback driven by some one’s own whims and fancies rather than to the reader who is totally given the wrong idea about the property.
• In my long carrier in the Hotel industry, I have now discovered that people also travel to take out their frustrations and to sharpen their shouting skills as they start shouting to the staff right from the moment they check in whatever the reason may be. This particular Guest, a bachelor lady with almost 40 + ensured that she goes back after vomiting all her frustrations on us.
I would like to share the shouting reasons for this guest during their 2 days stay:-
• Before her check in she shouts at reception because the hotel is situated on the top of the hill and she had to travel all the way after crossing the entire town to reach the Hotel and which is very far away may be from her residence at Delhi .
• After entering the room she shouts that she needs a proper bed and not mattress as an extra bed in spite of our written clear cut confirmation in our quote and on website that we only provide mattress as an extra bed.
• After settling down with that in next half an hour she is coming back with the objection that the room size is very small in spite of her booking the room after visiting our website and verifying each and every detail minutely.
• Now the next reason to quarrel was that the room has a pantry slab and she was not informed so she is cancelling the complementary Breakfast plan and wants a refund for that as she is going to cook the same in the room , In spite of the sharing of clear-cut room specifications .
• We also told her that the cooking in the room is not allowed but still she continued shouting on the staff.
• Now with our bad luck , on the very first night at around 4 A.M in the morning the electricity got cut for around 30 minutes in the entire town and she got the next reason to shout as she comes out of the room and starts shouting and the shout goes up to this level that the other guest are requesting her not to shout and let them sleep as they are getting disturbed at 4 A.M .
• Now she is also showing some sign of paranoid behavior as she is saying that the owner of the Hotel has disconnected the light and water to trouble her and to all other guests.
• We even switched on the generator with little more time as the boy took time to get up at 4 AM and follow the entire process but still she kept on shouting till the time the generator was on.
• She was feeling hot temperature at 4 A.M where as the adjoining guest to her room came out and requested her to keep quite as his kids and family is at sleep and there is hardly any hot temperature as they are taking quilt and blankets to sleep.
• We had to request her at 4 A.M up to the level, in case we are not up to her expectations, she may check out and take a refund for the remaining two days booking.
• But she never did that and she wanted to continue in the Hotel with the logic that why she should check out.
• She ordered Bananas and food for herself and her father and she refused to pay with the logic that her father got sick due to the non availability of electricity and she had to offer her bananas and food to recover.
• Imagine the Person after ordering and eating food / Bananas does not wish to pay what would you expect from her to pay, we really felt pity on her and did not charge at all.
• Next She is saying the owner is uneducated , I wish , if I get the opportunity to share with her the profile of our MD Sir , He is Triple Post graduate and MBA having over 25 years of working experience with Corporate sector up to the level of country head , Vice President and CEO in the Automobile Industry.
• With the above episode we keep on sharing with the fellow Hoteliers and staff with the advice to learn to be ready to deal with such guests who are totally disgusted with their personal life because of their own reasons and travel / visit to download their personal frustrations on poor hotel staff / us.

Thanks with the hope to make the reader understand the truth.