“Family friendly restaurant with gluten free and vegetarian options- well priced wine list”
Review of Le Vecchie Cantine

Le Vecchie Cantine
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Chianni
Price range: US$35 - US$70
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We came here to celebrate a birthday last night— 6 adults and 6 children. We sat at a beautiful outdoor seating area. The waiter was both happy to open a bottle of wine we brought, but also showed us their excellent wine list (we had a 2006 Sassacaia for €195, which is substantially less than the us retail price). The food was delicious— we particularly enjoyed the pasta with pears, and the pasta with porcini mushrooms. I am vegetarian and gluten - free, and my pasta was undestinguishable from the real pasta— I had to confirm several times that this was indeed gluten free (and I am not having any Gi symptoms so it seems to be so).

We would strongly recommend this restaurant for families in the area looking for good food and wine, and may have gluten free and vegetarian dietary restrictions.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic historic building restored to keep as many features as possible. Our comfortable room is much bigger than anticipated, staff friendly & helpful. Food is very good, I recommend the wild boar pasta.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

The food is good but there are so small portions and we were still hungry. It came 200€ for 8 persons but we were still hungry and we get only 1 bottle of wine. So I recommended for who want to eat a snack and overpay.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Have been here more than once. Every time the traditional Tuscan food has been excellent and the staff have provided great service.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Why did they seat a large group and then ask my table of two to understand that our service was terrible. That is no way to run a restaurant. Why didn't they hire an additional server on this busy August night. I can't say that the food was anything less than excellent with a wine list with a couple of real winners. I would go back.