“Hidden Gem in shopping mall. ”

Kiku Zakura Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 151 Restaurants in Ampang
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I usually don't expect much from Japanese resultant in shoppong mall but this shop nailed it!

From very warm welcoming Japanese sentence, to hot towel and renewal of hot towel, and constantly checking your tea cup to make sure that it is filled, I can't find any fault with their customer service.

I ordered salmon skin temaki which was good. The seaweed wrap was crispy and the rice was tasty. The salmon skin tasted and crunchy.

I also ordered their specialty soft shell crab burger.
The filling was generous with a whole deep fried crab.
They used charcoal bun and pangrilled it to perfection with slightly crispy at the buttered side. The salad was fresh and neatly arranged like an art.
The satisfaction started from looking at this culinary art and it reached my tastebuds.

I strongly suggest this shop!,

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

My fave outlet in great eastern mall. The manager (or owner not sure) was friendly, although i think they’ve changed now nevertheless the food were all still great. The previous manager/owner she personally suggested this off-menu item - gindara butteryaki which is my compulsory order whenever im there. The food quality is top notch worth the price.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

The food was nice but I won't be going back again because of the service. We had to order twice as the first person didn't understand us we were told. We speak English.
Then the manager or boss lady was grumpy, rude and snaps her fingers at staff which shows little respect to them and they don't seem very happy working there.
The food is good but over priced compared to other Japanese restaurants ten mins away.
It's a shame because I enjoyed the food, I just won't go back because of the front of house staff and the service.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

I have been here many times.The food is good and delicious. tried their saba fish set, grilled hotate, tempura udon, salmon sushi and many more and they are all delicious. the more food i try in this restaurant the more i like this place. because of the average design and interior of this restaurant, I have to admit that I had underestimate their food. they keep impressing me with their delicious yummy food.
the manager, although you hardly get to see her smile, she is actually ok. she can be helpful.her staff is also very helpful and friendly. overall, i have a good dining experience there.

Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

Located at one of the tallest building in Asia, Kiku offrrs a limited but fine dinning experience. Great views from tge tower. if you are looking for a special place for a special occasion
, consider this place