3,084 results
All reviews conwy castle cupcakes penthouse suite sauna and steam room relaxation room leisure facilities overlooking the estuary wedding party relaxing break modern hotel north wales lovely location the ground floor fantastic views evening meal birthday treat large bathroom
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We had no idea where we were headed, picked this of Secret Escapes, what a pleasant surprise, we were welcomed by lovely staff & impressed with the hotel & surrounds,room was huge n clean and bed comfortable & day spa was great, we had dinner included in our package & I must say we didn’t expect the menu for a set 3 course meal to be so extensive or amazing, the meal was delish & I must say our waitress was a true highlight of our meal ! Laura was simply brilliant n engaging in conversation & helpful knowledge, Laura has such a beautiful nature and a genuinely lovely person, her service was effortless & as I say the food was fantastic but Laura was the highlight of the dinner, staff like her need to be treasured ( I work in customer service & appreciate great service )
We would stay again & we’re happy with our stay

1  Thank Karen4210
BridCollins, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this wonderful review. I was thrilled to note that the staff were lovely, in particular Laura, your kind words have been passed to the team. I was also delighted that you enjoyed your Room, the Spa Day and that Dinner was delish with an extensive Menu.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit North Wales.

Best Wishes

Brid Collins

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I have been visiting this hotel ever since it opened, never to stay before, always for lunch and very occasionally in the evening. This is a very nice hotel, always beautifully presented with a view across to Conwy and Snowdonia beyond which is magnificent.
A room with a view is a must if you can get! Note: A marina view is NOT an Estuary view, which is the far better of the choices.
The rooms are fine and the bed was very comfortable, but the hotel does seem a little soulless and slightly corporate. When I arrived the receptionist was quite unhelpful even though she could see I was struggling a little after a falling accident, the waitress in the bar however was lovely, friendly and very helpful. A light lunch in the bar area was tasty enough, but later on, a room service sandwich was mediocre. I didn't try the Spa area or even the breakfast. I probably would go back, just to soak up that view, but as I paid full price, it would have to be a special deal to entice me!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Booked here to attend a friends wedding. Booked some months in advance but still had to pay additional £20 to check in early to change before the wedding. The hotel is in a beautiful location with lovely views but the same can’t be said for the service.

Beautifully dressed for wedding, service lovely but when the table service takes more than 25 between each course, meant we actually finished eating at 9pm!

Breakfast was not quite what I would expect for such a luxury hotel as advertised, simple, served from kitchen area with limited offerings.

Overall, not quite what we had hoped for from what was advertised as a luxury hotel.

Fortunately we had lovely friends to enjoy their day, which meant the poor service could be put aside for the day

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a wedding but would return just to stag again.

Lovely sized room and comfy bed. Beautiful views across the bay. Shower could do with a new bracket as it kept falling down but was ok just to freshen in the morning.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018

We booked via Expedia at the Quay Hotel & Spa 6 months before our trip; we exchanged an email with the property once to confirm two single beds in the room. However, when we arrived, the hotel claimed it had never received the booking from Expedia, even though they had a copy of our email exchange (but filed under another name). We were immediately turned over to the hotel 'technologist,' who did nothing but contact Expedia. The Quay did not even offer to let us use their phone to talk with Expedia, so I had to spend more than 45 minutes on my US mobile -- all to no good purpose, because Expedia could only offer us an alternative located an hour away and we had no transportation. Expedia told us the hotel had 'overbooked.' I suspect because it was a UK bank holiday weekend and because we had not paid in advance, the Quay just gave our room away to someone willing to pay a higher price (at the desk, I saw a list of 'surcharges' for the Holiday weekend which would been at least a 1/3 or more higher than the price we had contracted via Expedia). Very luckily, we had a local friend who found us a room in a nearby convent retreat house -- and it turned out the nuns were lovely hosts, and we had a delightful stay. But we could have easily been stranded without accommodations. When I asked how the Quay staff how the problem could have been avoided, the senior receptionist told me, "just book direct, not with one of those travel sites." So if you book via a travel site or service, don't book at the Quay Hotel and Spa.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary S

Dear Guests,

We were so very sorry that we did not have your booking from Expedia, we were not overbooked at all at the time of booking, particularly as you reserved the room with them 6 Months ago. Yes, you did e-mail us and we did e-mail back at the time to say we did not have your booking and to contact Expedia. I was glad to hear that you were rescued by Nuns and managed to enjoy your time in North Wales. Please book directly with us when visiting again and I shall ensure you are well looked after.

Best Wishes