All reviewsbeautiful venueafternoon teawedding venueamazing weddingbanks of the riverdaughters weddingstunning housemy daughter and son in lawguest roomsdeep bathrooms are amazingwedding breakfastbeautiful roomdream weddingyorkshire breakfastseparate bathroomwalled garden
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic place Saltburne Hall is - it has been renovated to a very high specification. My wife and I want to thank Jim for being our receptionist, tour guide, barman and waiter ( I think he cooked the meal also !!).
We ate outside in what was a barmy evening and it was paradise continued (after England’s 6-1 victory).
The suite was amazing and we slept really well on a large comfortable bed. Breakfast was 1st class also and the young lady who cooked and served it was soooo friendly.
Part of me didn’t want to share this treasure but it’s well worth finding. Praise for the gardeners too, the grounds were immaculate.
The plans for future development are ambitious but good luck to all in taking that forward. Now go and discover Saltmarshe Hall for yourself - you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul N
Reviewed 18 June 2018

What a fabulous find! My husband and I stayed here as part of a treat to celebrate our wedding anniversary and wow! did it impress.

It is not just the beautifully appointed rooms or the fabulous grounds and setting or the deliciously yummy food that made it a perfect stay but the people that worked there made it a second to none experience.

Everyone that we came into contact with was so friendly, professional and just naturally showed so much enthusiasm about Saltmarshe Hall and they really wanted to ensure we had a great stay. We even got a tour around from Chris whose enthusiasm for the place rubs off.

The atmosphere the team create is what makes this place so different - you are in the most beautiful of surroundings - and clearly a lot of money, energy and thought has gone into this place - but it doesn't feel formal or stuffy and you can really relax here. The attention we received from the whole team was excellent.
Saltmarshe does not disappoint.

Currently the hotel sounds as if it is mainly attracting house parties such as weddings or conferences so I can imagine weekend bookings may not always be easy to get - but do what we did and book during the week and you could find that this amazing house is much quieter - but hurry I don't think this will last long as I think Saltmarshe will just keep growing in popularity.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to be shown some of the rooms - and all of them were appointed to a high standard and none would have disappointed.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2018

As owners now of a hotel and restaurant (so we know the problems) we are not actually more critical but tend to notice detail which we perhaps did not prior to our change of career. Saltmarshe Hall ticks all the boxes in terms of cleanliness, amenity, decor and ambience. I have always liked formal Georgian architecture and the architects of this lovely building certainly understood space, form and proportion. Dinner, cooked by the very engaging Paul, was extremely good (and extremely good value too), and breakfast too was first-rate. This was cooked and served by the friendly, versatile and multi-tasking Ginette (hope I have the spelling right) who also checked us out. We rather wish she would emigrate to our part of the world and join our team. The same was true of Jim, a real front of house asset, who made time to respond to all my queries and who could not have been more helpful. A thoroughly enjoyable night - thank you.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nickychris
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night for dinner bed & breakfast with my husband. I cannot praise this place enough, from the excellent food & beautiful rooms & helpful & friendly staff who were happy to chat & give you the history of the place. My daughter & her partner, who are vegans, joined us for dinner & they were happy to cater to their dietary requests & was one of the best vegan meals they have ever had. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at Saltmarshe Hall for two nights and i honestly can say it was fantastic. The drive to up the hotel was extremely idyllic, and the standard of the venues presentation was faultless.

A very warm welcome from Jim, followed by a delicious evening meal, where they were able to cater for my intolerance to diary without any problem. I was was delighted and impressed with the service.

The suite i had was elegantly decorated and the attention to detail was impeccable, even down to the working shutters, heavy luxurious drapes, hidden tv and the lovely toiletries.

The breakfast host was lovely, she to was extremely welcoming and friendly with breakfast been as equally tasty as the evening meal.

I was delighted to find out it was a family business, and their passion and love for the Hall shows, i would highly recommended. The quality of service, venue and value is fantastic.

My only criticism is, i didn’t want to leave! Good luck, and i hope to see you soon

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business