“Great cakes and fruit pies”

Red Hill Bakery Balnarring
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Balnarring
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Invited to dinner at friends', we wanted to take smething in the way of sweets. The Red Hill Bakery at Balnarring Village offered a good selection of cakes and fruit pies. We chose an apple pie and it was delicious.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on a Sunday recently. There was live music getting ready to start so it was very busy with most tables filled. This was our first time here and we were unsure if we should queue first or find a table and so we tried to ask for help from staff. Several staff members passed us and were too busy to help. We can appreciate that. A kind woman who was with the band spotted us and found us a table. We assumed she worked there based on the service she provided until she told us otherwise. On lining up to order, I looked on at the food, then looked away at the prices. This place will sting you $10.50 for an average sized piece of a zucchini slice. And similar for a small cut of a quiche. I decided to order off the menu instead.

Service at the counter was poor. The woman serving us appeared middle aged with dreadlocks, she was slightly rude in her manner- but I suspected just busy. I asked about sugar for the coffees and was told shortly it’s on the table. On returning- our table had none. We were kindly given some from a neighbouring table. When our meals came out we were shocked at the size! I had the calamari and my husband the chicken Parma. Both were small portions for their price. At $20 each I expected a good portion of salad, and my husband a normal size chicken fillet- but both of us felt this fell very short. I ended up eating half of my husbands salad and chips to try and fill the void. The coffee was just ok. The food was nice but not enough to justify the dollars. The music commenced and a friend incidentally ran into us- we couldn’t even have a conversation at the table for the noise, and found ourselves shouting and our friend awkwardly parted. The music however, wasn’t bad. Needless to say we ate quickly and left.

Sadly we won’t be returning again. It wasn’t the experience we expected for the setup. We will return to the bakery in red hill itself in future, giving this one a miss.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We seemed to be at this cafe every day on our last visit to Balnarring Really yummy baguettes and irresistible selection of cakes Coffee seem to vary depending on who was making it

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Lovely breakfast yesterday after spending the night nearby, lovely food but on the rather expensive side. One young lady with a fabulous knowledge of her teas which was very helpful as I wanted to try a chai! Will definitely be back

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Great barn of food with eating inside and al fresco, food to buy fresh and/or cooked with different produce. Art gallery at rear that doubles as a jazz club on the weekends I think. we all enjoyed our lunches, pies,salads, filled rolls etc. Ice creams delicious especially the Turkish delight and Pomegranate.