All reviews book lovers reading books english books lounge area few minutes walk ikebukuro station bookshelves bunk hostel noise solo comfort compact toilets tokyo luggage
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I was very excited to try something different and something could remind me youth. It did, but the space is very small. If you are in your 20s, go for it. If you were like me in my mid 30s, stick with comfort or just stay there for 1 night.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Book and Bed To... i, マネージャー at Book and Bed Tokyo Ikebukuro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

I really appreciate your valuable opinions.
I'm so sorry if you had any inconvenience while you were staying.
I will try to provide the service that fits the cool interior decoration.
If you have a chance, come to see our improved hostel.
Thanks.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

We spent 4 nights at this hostel and loved the quiet atmosphere, not silent but has a library feel to it. The bookshelves are a great concept, with your own curtained area and locker inside, as well as space below the shelves to tuck away your luggage. The mattresses weren't particularly comfortable and are sitting on the plywood frame so are quite firm. The bathroom set up was really good with fully enclosed toilet rooms and shower rooms with a separate changing space. I would

Room Tip: Definitely try to get one of the bookshelf beds.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

We are very happy that our hostel is a good experience for you.
As for the noise problem, we are also thinking about various alternatives.
I will think of more alternatives based on your opinion.
I'll wait for the next meeting!

BOOK AND BED TOKYO YOON

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Staffs are very friendly and there were a lots of interest books! I enjoyed the staying.
However, I have a dislike point only one thing. It was noise! Maybe depends on bed location, unfortunately my bed was in front of the door, so I woke up again and again caused sounds of luggage, clothing door and other noise. I could use stuffed ear but I couldn't asleep.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Our staff will be waiting for your next meeting with you.
I am thinking of various ways about the noise problem.
If you use it for your next visit, I'll be perfectly prepared to not feel any inconvenience.

book and bed tokyo yoon

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Book and Bed Tokyo Ikebukuro surprised with the interior design and the library that is offered to its clients. This is probably the most magnificent advantage of the hotel. The books and the environment made for the book lovers. The lightning is adjusted according to the time of the day. In addition, it is not possible to use hair driers after the midnight, thus, ensuring the level of noise is kept to a minimum.

Even if a traveller is not a book lover he/she might find the place a top notch place to stay. The hostel's location is extremely close to the Ikebukuro subway station which is connected to JR train lines and Tokyo subway lines. As a result, any traveller can reach any point of Tokyo from here. Be advised, that the hostel's location is situated rather far from Airports, Disneyland and other main travelling points of the Western parts of Tokyo.

Book and Bed Tokyo provides well-looked-after facilities and almost no contact with the staff. Impeccable to those who wish to stay undisturbed.
In conclusion, Book and Bed Tokyo provides ultra relaxing atmosphere with a good location. I would highly recommend it to solo travellers, small groups or couples. There are more details to uncover but let's those for you to find out once you are there.

Enjoy!

Stayed: February 2018

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Their earplugs didn’t help me having good rest, and the internet stopped working in the middle of the night until 7 am.
The rule is only rule for using hairdryer.

But the staff in the reception was very nice, the decoration is somewhat hype.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Our staff will be waiting for your next meeting with you.
We will provide more and more friendly service. Our staff are making a lot of effort to aim it.
I am thinking of various ways about the noise problem.

BOOK AND BED TOKYO YOON