Hotels.com
Expedia
FindHotel
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews ladiko beach mini market super hotel snack bar great holiday half board entertainment team bar staff bays rhodes cola remote euros
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2019

Just came back from having an amazing time here. We have the full holiday blues, it makes me want to go back and ask for a job there. They were like family there and so welcoming treating us like part of their family. Cleaners where fab, prices were good, entertainment were fun (ok loads of songs from 2004 but I find this happens on most resorts ). Air con was perfect, few times it got so cool I’d open balcony door to get in, much to my partners annoyance. A little shop that sold EVERYTHING you needed or didn’t need , cheap enough and very polite. Food was good, usual stuff, nothing mind blowing but nothing disgusting. Maybe chicken nuggets would of been good for the fussy children.

We travel a fair bit and as an interracial couple with mixed race kids, although we have never had anything aggrieved towards us, we have felt the discomfort/dislike towards us in how we are treated compared to others around us BUT NOT IN THIS HOTEL. My family were treated like princes and my mother in law a queen, so refreshing to see.

Our youngest son (8 years old) also has autism and normally struggles with staff in hotels, this place he was so accepted and loved he really relaxed himself, for once. They showed great amount of patience with him as one moment he we would no ice in his Apple juice then change it to 3 etc. Always served with a smile. Obviously Dora was GREAT!!! Deserves more respect than some of the customers were giving her, that’s for sure!!

The owner and (I think) his brother are really cool people too and I never had a problem but I feel if I did, they would of been very helpful.

It feels a tad out the way so my advice would be hire out a car, you can do it in the hotel. Bus stops right outside though so that perfect.

Ohhh I want to go back ....

Trip type: Travelled with family
hotelcathrin, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Cathrin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2019

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your positive review.
We hope that we will have the chance to accommodate you once more in our hotel
and make your Holidays memorable

Reviewed 20 August 2019 via mobile

We have just returned from the Cathrin hotel, the staff from the room cleaner, restaurant, evening bar staff ❤️, snack bar (Dora ❤️) entertainment ( kera, Veronica ❤️ ) were amazing ! we didn’t need our rep for the holiday the reception were more knowledgeable, and all made our holiday extra special with their professionalism and kindness, we were treated like family and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel was very clean, perfect position to reach beaches, rhodes etc. We never go to a place twice but we will certainly be going back, The owners were also very kind and accommodating. The only problem was we had to leave! We made friends at this hotel who thought the same as us Thank you very much to everyone at the Cathrin hotel. Lynn, David and Melissa x

Trip type: Travelled with family
hotelcathrin, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Cathrin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2019

We would like to thank you for your positive review and we hope to
welcome you once more to our Hotel.

Reviewed 9 August 2019

We have just returned from staying at the Cathrin Hotel in Rhodes.

The location is great. We looked closely on google maps and chose this hotel mainly for the location (and price). The two beaches close by are amazing. Although small, both beaches are brilliant for swimming and snorkelling. We spent many hours sun bathing, swimming and snorkelling on these beaches.

The hotel provides a free mini bus to the beach every day, it is popular so you may have to wait for the second or third run, but it makes life much easier. Several times we walked down to Ladiko beach (the closest), just because we are early birds, took less than 10 minutes (all down hill).

The hotel itself is clean and tidy, nice size pool (we missed having a deep section for diving).

The food has been mentioned in lots of reviews - we were not impressed. At the start of our time there, the food was very poor. Presentation was lacking, choice was limited and basic. It did improve towards the end of our stay, the mexican and greek nights being the nicest. However, this was a cheaper holiday (£2k for 4 of us half board), so in that context the food was okay.

The air conditioning has also been mentioned in several reviews, we had two rooms side by side. Our room (thankfully) had a new air conditioning unit that was okay (quite noisy). However, our other room had a very old unit that was very loud and struggled in the heat. Also mentioned a lot were the hard beds - we agree.

The staff were excellent, Christina and Dora of special note.

There is also a daily bus to Rhodes that was very cheap - approx £2.50 per person one way - well worth a day out.

Reviewed 7 August 2019

Have just got back from a fantastic 10 days at Cathrin Hotel with my two daughters (6 and 11). Was a wee bit nervous about the holiday given that it was just me and the girls but any doubts where wholly unfounded. The staff were fantastic, friendly, helpful and always keen to help. The room was as expected, clean, with a ample balcony and great view over the pool to the sea. The kids loved the pool, which was exactly as it appeared in the online photos, it was clean, well maintained and never too crowded. The rooms were comfortable with a fridge and my only recommendation would be for tea and coffee making facilities as well as an iron and ironing board.

Food was on a buffet basis and I certainly have no complaints over the quality. It was a little limited from a 6 year old’s perspective but generally there was pasta, chips etc.

In my view the hotel’s size is about perfect, and still maintains a personal and friendly atmosphere. The girls holiday was made by the 2 entertainment staff who were excellent and engaged with both the kids and adults alike. Kids Club was a great success with my two, as was the Mini Disco every evening, and there was entertainment every night that kids stayed up for most nights.

Ladiko and Anthony Quinn Bays are a 3-5 mini free hotel minibus ride away and both spectacular, with a number of bars and Beach Restaurants. Took the kids to the Water Park in Faliraki for a day which was only €15 each way in a cab. Equally, the Butterfly Valley and Rhodes Farm are certainly worth a visit, (both only a couple of Kms apart), if you have kids with you. I hired a car from the Rental agency sited in the hotel and was pleasantly surprised at the cost as well as not having the whole price plus the insurance add-ons. Hired a Yaris for €60 for the day with no excesses, fully comp insurance, all very simple (Taxi to the Butterfly Valley would cost c€30-€40 each way so it was a no brainier). We also made it up to the Ancient Greek Site just outside Rhodes Town, again worth a visit.

With a return flight at 22:45, on our final day we paid an additional €25 to have the room until 19:00 which worked really well. If however you don’t wish to do this the Hotel does have shower facilities specifically for departing guests if required.

In conclusion, a great holiday, really friendly staff, great entertainment team, Kids had a ball, two fantastic bays on your doorstep, lovely pool, would thoroughly recommend it as both a family and couples destination. My 6 year old has already told me to book again next year !

Room tip: Sea view over looking the pool
Date of stay: July 2019

We would like to thank you for your positive review and we hope to
welcome you once more to our Hotel.

Reviewed 24 June 2019

Stayed at the Cathrin hotel for a week 2nd week in June.

Rooms.... My room was above the reception area. A little noisy at night but not too loud ,didn't bother me. Room was spotlessly clean. Quite basic but OK . No kettle though ! I would have liked a kettle but did have a fridge Nice large balcony with patio table and two chairs. Hairdryer/towels in bathroom with some minituare toiletries. The mattress was extremely hard so I asked for a mattress topper which came straight away and slept well. However the air conditioner was very loud, looked like an old unit so may need an upgrade.

Facilities..... Great large pool big enough to swim properly in. Plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas . There is a small gym on site - cannnot comment on this as I did not use. Small supermarket on site was quite expensive (I found the whole of Rhodes expensive compare to UK £). Snack bar next to the pool. Ate there twice , great food but again expensive . Main bar very nice, great staff & cocktails . Main bar not open during the day when I was there but could get served in bar behind snack bar. Little tip , if you have a late flight back - there is a shower you can use to change near the pool area. Was v clean with towels to use . Spa was at the back of the pool with two cabanas for treatments. Did not use but looked nice.

Restaurant... Buffet style with drinks ordered from waiting staff. Breakfast plenty of choice of hot & cold food. Food hot and tasty. Evening again lots of choice . I don't eat much meat and found something I liked every night. Mostly catered for European palette as most guests were German or French.

Entertainment team were superb & worked so hard,very friendly & enthusiastic. Plenty going on if you want it , was not expected to join in if you didn't want to .
Evening entertainment was quite low key & OK. Not particularly my cup of tea but nice surroundings to watch/listen to the entertainment.

Location... Outside Falaraki on a hill . Beach was walkable in 15 minutes, big hill to walk back in the heat. There is a bus that stops at the hotel 3 times a day so no need to walk. Beach not really suitable for people with mobility problems. Also a bus that goes to Rhodes Town via Falaraki 3 times a day for €2.50. May be a bit remote for some looking to go to bars or nightclubs. Falaraki in a taxi approx €18

All in all I was just looking for a quiet place to recharge & rest and The Cathrin done just the job

The whole hotel was spotless. Thanks to all the staff who work very hard

NB to UK guests traveling with Tui. Don't bother to try and speak to the rep who is absolutely useless.

Room tip: Garden rooms about the best . Better than in main hotel.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
hotelcathrin, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Cathrin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2019

Dear Suzanne,
We would like to thank you for your positive review and we
hope to welcome you once more to our Hotel