eDreams
Agoda.com
All reviews rhine valley soup coach tour sense of humour typically german long journey balcony room owners and staff beautiful area church bells midnight
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 September 2020

We booked a trip to the North Coast in honour of a friend of ours who loved the seaside. In less than 24 hours Skills Coaches cancelled our holiday. Their excuse was that it was cancelled due to C-19, but the seats were already 2 metres apart and they confirmed this the day before stating we would not sit together because the seats had to be 2m apart and we agreed to this. Yet today Skills Coaches in Nottingham cancelled our holiday, after we had prepared for it. It's odd that the only two ethnics to book the trip were forced to cancel and no refund has yet been paid, even though we have asked for this 3 times.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 24 February 2020 via mobile

Don't go there the food is disgusting the rooms dirty and the bedding is so old it was bad. There was two choices for food take it or leave it it came and dished out there was no menus or choice at all theeat was all processsed awful.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2019 via mobile

Stayed at this hotelon a 4day trip to the christmas markets in the area. Would never stay there again. The room was basic. The hot water did not work every time i complained they would say it will be fixed. It would work for a few minutes then go cold.I asked about another room but was told the water was fixed. On the last day my wife used yhe toilet to wash. The staff tried there best. The rooms were cold. The quilts were so thin i found a room with extra quilts i put 3 together. Some people slept in there clothes. I will never stay there again. I have no complaints will the coach company.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2019 via mobile

I am very in the middle of the road with this hotel, what was not the best hotel I have stayed in but it was acceptable.
We stay here as part of a coach holiday, we got there quite late in the night but was still provided dinner but wasn't told what the food was until it was on our table which being a vegetarian was not ideal. (I told the holiday company when booking the holiday I was vegetarian, they said they will note if but it won't be a guarantee that vegetarian will be provided) but thankfully the food was fine and delicious!
We were then given our room key and directions to our room and this hotel is like a maze! There is doors, corridors, and steps everywhere we eventually found our room after having to leave one section of the hotel and walking through a little court yard and walking into another building (we later found out there is actually another way without you having to go outside).
We got into our room and was very impressed with the size! We had two single beds and a sofa which could double as a bed, a wardrobe, tv and a decent bathroom. But it was a cold! We tried putting the radiator one but that seemed to take a while to heat up, eventually my mother was so cold she had to go and get extra blankets (after getting lost trying to find her way back to reception( they happily gave her more blankets. Eventually we settled in for the night. The floors are also tiled which probably doesn't help with the coldness.The pillows seemed to be made up of some funny material which some of the other guests complained about but I didn't mind. I tried watching tv but unfortunately couldn't find any English channels, I later found out that some of the other guests had an English channel so I'm assuming it was just something to do with my tv. Breakfast was a buffet, it wasn't a big buffet but enough there to make a nice breakfast and again the food was nice! Again with dinner you never knew what you was getting until it was put on your table but being a vegetarian I always managed to eat, the evening meal consisted of soup, then the main meal would be a meat, chips, potatoes and vegetables. And then a dessert. The hotel was clean and beds were comfy and the staff were friendly. I'm not saying I wouldn't stay in the hotel again but I would think twice about especially in the winter months, considering how cold it was.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2019

We had a 5 day break at this hotel returning 1st December enjoyed every minute could not fault the food and room kept clean, the staff in the dining room was great especially Suzy think that was her name from Croatia,

1  Thank margw135margw