Oystercatcher(Carbis Bay)
Boskerris Hotel(Carbis Bay)
TripAdvisor
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
Downsfield(Carbis Bay)
Cottage Hotel(Carbis Bay)
  • Breakfast included
Coast B&B(Carbis Bay)
  • Breakfast included
The Atlantic(Carbis Bay)
1,871 results
All reviewssands restaurantprivate beachbeach barbuilding worksea viewst ivessuperior roomreception staffsecret escapescoastal pathheated poolrestaurant stafflovely hotelstunning locationspa treatmentswedding partytravelzoo deal
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Second time visit, first time we had a balcony,great, this time we booked for my special birthday so pushed the boat out and boy was it worth every extra penny. We had one of the best rooms.
On the ground floor [306] own little terrace with large sliding doors. Own little gate. With a great sea view.
Near the door of the room a walking wardrobe, (only thing wrong with room the rail just too high for my wife). Then to the bathroom, possibly the best bathroom in a hotel we have had, on one end a wet room with the best shower ever!!!!.then on to the bath, so deep you could almost learn to swim in it,,,then on to the floor, heated.
The main bedroom large enough for you to enjoy.
On the Saturday night with a special birthday meal for me, after watching mastercheif it was almost the same sort of meal.
Breakfast was wonderful with real sort of orange juice and not watered.
All the staff seemed very helpful and more importantly happy.
On Sunday we had our meal in the beach restaurant. Wonderful.
The worst part of the holiday was the hotel car park which isn't the best in the world.
Trust me if you can sort out your dates book this room well worth every little bit extra.
What a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Nancy T, Front Office Manager at Carbis Bay Hotel & Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Dear Derrick,
Thank you so much for your perfect review on what was a special occasion for you - so pleased it all went well and hope you will come back.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Drinking tea on the balcony of our room at 7.30 a.m on an April morning helped to drive away the memories of a difficult winter. The sun was shining and the sea was a beautiful turquoise - what's not to like?

Room Tip: A balcony is worth the extra amount.
2  Thank 481Tricia

Sounds amazing - is amazing - thank you!

Reviewed 27 April 2018

My husband and I. Have just spent 4days at the Carbis Bay Hotel , it was a throughly enjoyable stay . The food in the restaurant was first class and the staff all very friendly and helpful.although there is building currently being carried out this in no way impacted our stay. The spa was excellent if a tad expensive.
Our accommodation was in one of the apartments which was very clean and had everything required and more .even though it’s a long trip for us we will be sure to return and recommend the hotel to other friends.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recommendation and we really appreciate your kind comments. Do come again and bring your friends.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

We stayed here for two nights, as part of a package, and I can only describe the experience as very different from one day to the next! It has to be said that there are extensive building works taking place, and yes it will interfere with your stay, but this review is in no way prejudiced by the work. Obviously packages are available at reduced prices because of the work!
On the first evening I have to say we were very impressed, we received a room upgrade which was very nice, thank you. Dinner on the Sunday evening was brilliant, the service was slick, without being intrusive, the staff were exceptionally pleasant and polite and the food was very, very good!
However, on the Monday evening it was very different. The restaurant actually appeared quieter, the initial service was fine, but then it went downhill! Having had the starters, we were made to wait an hour and a half for the main course, and this was only because I questioned what was going on. When the food arrived the one dish was fine and the other was at best 'tepid'. The meal was sent back only to be returned a couple of minutes later, exactly as it had been left and had either been in a microwave or held under a lamp resulting in being dry, I was amazed that the plate was literally returned in the same state!! I refused to accept the meal and was then told that there no more ingredients to replace the dish! I was given the opportunity to order an alternative meal, by this time, my wife had finished her meal and I did not want to sit and wait for another dish, and then eat alone. I was dismayed at both the service and lack of attention to detail, the menu is not cheap, and this was an evening when I was paying for the meal, it was not part of a inclusive deal.
I made my feelings known on the evening and was told it would be highlighted to management. You can imagine I was not happy when checking out the next morning to find I was being charged for the meal I never had! I do not criticise lightly, especially having had a good experience on the first night. Sadly the subsequent night was ruined, and would I risk that experience again, no!

3  Thank S2981

So sorry to learn you were disappointed with part of your stay as your restaurant experience is not typical in any way. We are taking this up with the relevant departments but generally get excellent reviews of our food and dining. Thank you for mentioning your upgrade. None of our hotel or beach services are affected by our works, which will bring new oceanside lodge accommodation very soon. We hope you will give us another chance at a future date.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

We stayed for two nights on a Groupon deal. The hotel is in a beautiful location overlooking a gorgeous bay. Our room was a good size and comfortable. Bathroom wasn't very fresh, smelt as if the drains hadn't been used for a while and this went away after a couple of uses of the shower and basin, helped by the gorgeously smelling Aromatherapy toiletries. We had dinner in the restaurant the first night and starter of mackerel and mains of lamb and pork belly were really was lovely though I don't recommend the sharing ferris wheel dessert, novelty over quality. Breakfast was disappointing on the first day, no menu given or explanation of how things worked so we thought there was only a buffet, where the cooked breakfast had a very poor choice. Coffee is served by the cup but no top-ups unless you grabbed someone and asked. The second day was like being in a different hotel, all as you would expect with orders being taken and tables being fully laid (no missing butter!). Reception staff were helpful and polite, restaurant staff too though needing more to be asked than proactive service.

1  Thank GaynaB

Thank you for your review and we note all your comments. We appreciate all feedback, of course as it helps in our training.
Our location is certainly exceptional and we get many returning guests - do come again when you can.