Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Nice mountain ride

Nice ride on horseback in the mountains. Great guide and horses, social and friendly. I found the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Anders G
via mobile
A perfect horse riding experience in andalusia!

We had the most beautiful horse riding experience in the Sierra Nevada mountains. A 4 hour riding... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Paradise26290730874
via mobile

All reviews experienced riders hour ride horse riding love horses sense of humour sierra nevada wonderful experience reviews on tripadvisor great guide made us feel mountain terrain well trained horses views of the mountains my wife victor adventure host
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

From the very first moment me and my girlfriend met Victor he made us feel extremely welcome.
Every minute that passed got even better. His horses were gorgeous, very clearly well cared for and very capable at what they do. He had matched us to horses very well according to what I had said in our emails and even though I hadn't ridden in over a year Victor helped me get my confidence back very quickly. The tour he provided and the views he showed us were breath taking. He gave us snippets of local history, took pictures of us by some fantastic views and he is without a doubt one of the most humble and welcoming guys I have met. He really did everything to make it an unforgettable mini adventure for us.
I forgot to tell Victor that this was actually a birthday present for my girlfriend but this did not matter as without realising he had met and exceeded every wish for what I thought the day might be. Even though Victor would never admit it, he was the key to making it an amazing experience - with a smile on his face from the second we met him and following it with a great sense of humour.
We finished the amazing ride with some beer and wine looking out over the views back at his house - it really was a perfect day!

We cannot thank you enough! And when we next come back to this lovely country we will be booking another adventure with you.
All our love,
Calum and Nancy

Encinillas, Manager at Las Encinillas Rutas a Caballo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Oh! Thanks a lot for the wonderful review, we will not deserve that much (well, the horses they deserve it, not myself). A big hug from Spain

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Amazing experience - very remote, beautiful and completely overwhelming landscape - it is literally on the side of a mountain! The horses were very good and completely suitable for each rider - victor was very good with my children of 10 and 11yrs and my husband who has barely ridden a horse in his life! Words can barely explain what this place is like - we loved it and wish we could have spent more time with Victor and enjoying this place. A great host- thank you so much Victor for looking after all of us with your gracious Spanish hospitality ! I would highly recommend his place, it is incredible, but be aware that some will find it quite isolated. It is truly beautiful.

1  Thank jods7china
Encinillas, Owner at Las Encinillas Rutas a Caballo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Jodie, thanks a lot for the wonderful review. Thanks a lot for coming with your family, I am sure you will make great riders out of them. All the best.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Today, we went for a 2 hour horse ride with Victor. I could not have wished it to be any better - I just wish we could have gone on for longer. I have ridden most of my life but my boyfriend has only ridden once but was given the most wonderful and trustworthy horse and he loved it! We had spent the last few days walking around Güéjar Sierra but seeing it from horseback was just brilliant! I would definitely recommend this if you have the opportunity! Victor is incredibly helpful and lovely too! If I can I’ll be back for a much longer trek!

Thanks a lot for the review Olivia. I am sure you will come back to Guejar Sierra soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Words cannot express how much we enjoyed our time with Victor and the horses. I’m a very timid rider and Victor was so encouraging. My husband and I enjoyed Victors company so much and he made us feel like family. The horses are well trained and well cared for. The surrounding views on our ride were amazing. We will definitely come back and ride again.

Words can not express how happy I was of having you here. Your husband was a fantastic rider and you will overcome anything if you propose to do so. Thanks a lot for your review!

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

We had an absolutely fantastic time horse riding with Victor. The scenery was stunning, the horses were very well-trained, and Victor was an enthusiastic, hospitable and knowledgeable guide and host. Riding up into the mountains past shepherds herding goats felt like a timeless experience and was a great was to experience the Sierra Nevada.

We emailed Victor and got a speedy response, and after answering questions about our level of experience and fitness, we booked the 4 hour ride for two people. This was a perfect length of time - long enough to get up onto the mountain bridlepaths and experience the scenery not visible from the road, but not too long in the saddle for people who haven’t ridden for a long time. (We both do a lot of sport but neither of us had ridden for over 15 years.) We travelled to the stables from Granada, and it’s worth allowing plenty of time to get there as the mountain road is narrow and twisty.

We both felt safe on the horses and very quickly relaxed and enjoyed the experience. Victor enthusiastically pointed out the names of the mountains, the plants and trees, relics from the Civil War, and talked about life in the Sierra Nevada. He also took some great photos which he emailed us afterwards. The trip ended with a beer in his garden. A truly memorable experience and the highlight of our holiday in Granada.

Dear Liz. Thanks a lot for such a complete review. You are good, the horses are good, I try not to interfere too much. Best Regards!