“Amazing experience”

Las Encinillas Rutas a Caballo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Riding horses in Sierra Nevada. Trekking around one of the most beautiful areas of Spain, the North Face of the Sierra Nevada. Horse riding. Horseback riding tours Spain.
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

We had an absolutely fantastic time horse riding with Victor. The scenery was stunning, the horses were very well-trained, and Victor was an enthusiastic, hospitable and knowledgeable guide and host. Riding up into the mountains past shepherds herding goats felt like a timeless experience and was a great was to experience the Sierra Nevada.

We emailed Victor and got a speedy response, and after answering questions about our level of experience and fitness, we booked the 4 hour ride for two people. This was a perfect length of time - long enough to get up onto the mountain bridlepaths and experience the scenery not visible from the road, but not too long in the saddle for people who haven’t ridden for a long time. (We both do a lot of sport but neither of us had ridden for over 15 years.) We travelled to the stables from Granada, and it’s worth allowing plenty of time to get there as the mountain road is narrow and twisty.

We both felt safe on the horses and very quickly relaxed and enjoyed the experience. Victor enthusiastically pointed out the names of the mountains, the plants and trees, relics from the Civil War, and talked about life in the Sierra Nevada. He also took some great photos which he emailed us afterwards. The trip ended with a beer in his garden. A truly memorable experience and the highlight of our holiday in Granada.

Encinillas, Owner at Las Encinillas Rutas a Caballo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Liz. Thanks a lot for such a complete review. You are good, the horses are good, I try not to interfere too much. Best Regards!

All reviews
"route"
in 6 reviews
"adventure"

Reviewed 23 September 2018

4時間のコースを選び、シェラネバダの北面を頂上まで登りました。まるで映画のシーンのような景色が広がり、雄大すぎて言葉にできません。リーダーのヴィクターさんは子供のころからこの近辺で馬に乗っているらしく、流石でした。ヴィクターさんはホスピタリティに溢れ乗馬中も終わった後も、凄く楽しい一時を過ごすことが出来ました。忘れることが出来ません!厩舎に行く途中に迷って反対側の山の頂上近くまで狭い山道を登ってしまったのも今では良い思い出です。機会があればもう一度行きたいです。
We chose the 4 hour riding, and Victor led us all the way up the north face of the Sierra Nevada. It was a mixture of great, beautiful, indescribable, and unforgettable feeling. Victor, the leader, has been riding around here since youth, so we felt very comfortable following him. We enjoyed his hospitality on the horses and after the ride as well. It was a long way from Japan, but I want to come back if I have a chance again.

Thanks a lot for the review. I hope we will see you around soon!

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Such a great experience! Beautiful views and very safe, trustworthy horses. We had two experienced riders and two beginners and all were accommodated. After our ride, Victor provided outstanding hospitality. Would recommend for anyone, and especially horse lovers. You can tell the horses are happy and well cared for. Would like to go back for a multi-day tour!

Thanks Jaqueline. You have a wonderful family! All the best

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend decided to go horseback riding while we were in Guejar Sierra and Rosie, our Airbnb host recommended Victor. I went along with my girlfriend to Victor’s ranch. The ride to Victor’s ranch itself was a beautiful experience and when we got to Victor’s ranch we were met by his lovely wife who immediately welcomed us with a great smile and offered us a list of things to drink...coffee, water, juices, etc. I decided to stay behind because I have never ridden a horse before and I was not going to try on the mountains of Guejar Sierra. Victor tried to convince me that he would take care of me, but I was afraid. I wish I did after hearing how much my girlfriend enjoyed her 4 hours of great riding adventure with Victor. She shared with me the magnificent pictures she took and the beautiful interactions with the local herdsmen and herds women up in the mountains. In her testimony after the ride, she informed me that she had the best time of our trip to Spain. She told me that Victor was just Fantabulous with the way he showed her around, told her stories about the area. She stated that on a scale of 1-10, with 10 as the best rating, she would give Victor a 10 plus and that anyone visiting in the Grenada area should go horse back riding with Victor for an everlasting must have experience...

Encinillas, Owner at Las Encinillas Rutas a Caballo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

What can I say after this? We are not so good, the horses are, not me. Thanks a lot for the wonderful review. You were lucky we found some of the last Vaqueros of the Sierra Nevada in our trip to the foggy moon. Muchso abrazos y besos from Spain!

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Victor was not only a great stable owner, but a wonderful host and tour guide.

We got the place after some storm and rain, but made us comfortable to ride the horses for a 3 hour ride across through the Sierra Nevada.

The horses were strong, well behaved and very well trained!

He’s taken us through a route with break taking views, and even got to see the 3 peaks and along the way humoured us with his stories and shared a lot of knowledge as well.

He’s also hosted us in his garden at the end with some drinks to relax and unwind before we head back!

My husband wants to come back and do the one week expedition through the Sierra Nevada with Victor.

Encinillas, Manager at Las Encinillas Rutas a Caballo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thanks a lot for the wonderful review. Of course we will do something longer. The Sierra Nevada is a good place to ride and have adventures and adrenaline :)