“Horseback riding”

Las Encinillas Rutas a Caballo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Riding horses in Sierra Nevada. Trekking around one of the most beautiful areas of Spain, the North Face of the Sierra Nevada. Horse riding. Horseback riding tours Spain.
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend decided to go horseback riding while we were in Guejar Sierra and Rosie, our Airbnb host recommended Victor. I went along with my girlfriend to Victor’s ranch. The ride to Victor’s ranch itself was a beautiful experience and when we got to Victor’s ranch we were met by his lovely wife who immediately welcomed us with a great smile and offered us a list of things to drink...coffee, water, juices, etc. I decided to stay behind because I have never ridden a horse before and I was not going to try on the mountains of Guejar Sierra. Victor tried to convince me that he would take care of me, but I was afraid. I wish I did after hearing how much my girlfriend enjoyed her 4 hours of great riding adventure with Victor. She shared with me the magnificent pictures she took and the beautiful interactions with the local herdsmen and herds women up in the mountains. In her testimony after the ride, she informed me that she had the best time of our trip to Spain. She told me that Victor was just Fantabulous with the way he showed her around, told her stories about the area. She stated that on a scale of 1-10, with 10 as the best rating, she would give Victor a 10 plus and that anyone visiting in the Grenada area should go horse back riding with Victor for an everlasting must have experience...

Encinillas, Owner at Las Encinillas Rutas a Caballo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

What can I say after this? We are not so good, the horses are, not me. Thanks a lot for the wonderful review. You were lucky we found some of the last Vaqueros of the Sierra Nevada in our trip to the foggy moon. Muchso abrazos y besos from Spain!

All reviews
"route"
in 6 reviews
"adventure"

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Victor was not only a great stable owner, but a wonderful host and tour guide.

We got the place after some storm and rain, but made us comfortable to ride the horses for a 3 hour ride across through the Sierra Nevada.

The horses were strong, well behaved and very well trained!

He’s taken us through a route with break taking views, and even got to see the 3 peaks and along the way humoured us with his stories and shared a lot of knowledge as well.

He’s also hosted us in his garden at the end with some drinks to relax and unwind before we head back!

My husband wants to come back and do the one week expedition through the Sierra Nevada with Victor.

Encinillas, Manager at Las Encinillas Rutas a Caballo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thanks a lot for the wonderful review. Of course we will do something longer. The Sierra Nevada is a good place to ride and have adventures and adrenaline :)

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Myself and a friend went on a 4 hour trial ride with Victor and both were blown away by the scenery. We saw 360 views of the mountains and could even spot some snow on mountains off yonder. The horses were happy, very well trained and very well looked after. There were opportunities to go faster throughout the ride and the steep terrain made even the walking fun. Victor was a champ! Picked us up from our accommodation and had a great sense of humour. Even treated us to some rum as the sun set. Definitely recommend a trial ride to anyone of any horse riding experience. Cheers Victor

Thanks a lot to you for coming Bonnie. I am amazed by the skill level of Australian riders. You are not afraid of anything. Muchos besos from Spain.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Yesterday, my boyfriend and I had the absolute privilege of riding with Victor in this beautiful part of the world. Victor's horses were kind-natured, beautiful, funny and strong. They took us high up into the Sierra Nevada to see some of the most stunning mountains we have ever seen. Victor was unbelievably kind, organized and friendly - we truly felt like guests. Victor organized the transportation for us from Granada to his farm. He matched us up with the perfect horses for our skill level, and always made us feel both excited and safe. I highly recommend booking a ride with Victor, and am already planning my next one. 10/10. The photos do not do it justice!

Dear Tamara. It is always a pleasure to have horse lovers as you here. It was very nice to have you here. Thanks a lot for the review.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

I wanted to organise a ride on an Andalusian horse in the Sierra Nevada mountains as a birthday surprise for my daughter. After searching through all the reviews on Trip Advisor, I wrote to Victor to make enquiries. At the appointed hour he arranged transport from our hotel to his lovely home and stables in a remote spot in the mountains. He was there to greet us as we arrived and we were instantly put at ease by this amazing larger-than-life character. Victor had everything ready for my daughter and after kitting her out with gloves, jacket and plenty of water they took off into the sunset for a four hour ride. Meanwhile, not being a rider myself, his lovely wife settled me down in their pretty garden with a drink and some snacks to enjoy the peace and tranquility. When, eventually, they arrived back, my daughter was glowing and said, quite categorically that it had been the best thing she had EVER done. Victor had, quite frankly, made her dream come true. He had taken some amazing photos
which he instantly sent you to us and which she cherishes. After a “not so little” vermouth we were returned to our hotel. Victor, I cannot thank you enough for everything you and your wife did for us. We have the
most wonderful memories and I would wholeheartedly recommend you and your horses to anyone looking for the experience of a lifetime. I really hope we will be able to come again sometime.

1  Thank TheCoastFairy
Encinillas, Owner at Las Encinillas Rutas a Caballo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

And what can i say after this? We do not deserve such a review. Thanks a lot. The views are nice, and the horses are good. Vermouth and small things are nothing. Thanks a lot again. A big kiss from Spain!