“Awesome Outdoors”

Canon del Rio Lobos Natural Park
Reviewed 24 December 2014

This is a big natural area. If you have time and a full day or two to dedicate to hiking, this place is great. The drive there is scenic and easy - very well marked/indicated. Would have liked to have spent more time there. There is a hermitage that is popular to hike to. Lots of flora and fauna to see - a great nature reserve.

All reviews
"landscape"
"soria"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 10 September 2014 via mobile

If you find yourself within 50 miles of here you will be amply rewarded if take time to visit. It's a truly stunning place and so accessible for people of any physical ability without disappointing the fittest walker. We saw it last year for the briefest of visits and were so taken with the place we planned our holiday round it this year.

3  Thank JPCHickey
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I'm an eleven year old girl and I loved it. As I got there, after having a lovely pick-nick, I enjoyed watching the vultures fly high in the sky. They are an amazing bird, and you can just sit down watch them for hours. After watching them for a while I took a path on the right leading towards an amazing hermitage. But walking a bit further from it, you find something way more stunning, the cave. It is such an impressive cave...
I have just one last thing to say, a story I have heard of says that there is one amazing vulture called Antonio that helped a heart-broken girl to recover.
I reccomend this park for family holidays.

3  Thank EvaKid2003
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I visited Rio Lobos valley without knowing anything about it. Despite poor signposting I got there pretty easily although it's a long way off main roads. It feels special, with huge cliffs on either side and the sight of vultures at the entrance to the canyon. The rock formations and dead ancient trees by the hermitage are fascinating but the treat is the magnificent vultures. I saw them feeding young, perched on promontories and floating effortlessly up into the highest clouds. This is a special and wonderful place and highly recommended.

2  Thank henryiles