Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
Expedia
US$220
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$215
View deal
Hotels.comUS$220
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Stayed 10 days with my family and 2 kids of 4.5 year-old.
Positive: 1) 5 mins walk to the family lift, 2) self contained apartment that has everything you need to wash, cook and sleep, 3) building was small, so the number of apartments was limited. No wait / no queue for reception / lift / ski room access... 4) and of course, being in Japan, everything was in order in the apartment and all appliances worked well.
I would position Snow Crystal as an upper mid-range apartment. Much less luxury than Kizuna (which by the way is too noisy because of the bar next to the building) and a bit less luxury than Alpen Ridge.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sophie_In_Taipei
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Good location and spacious for a family of four. But a extremely poor value for money equation. Horribly overpriced (CNY holiday period). Staff friendly but untrained. Cleaning service barely noticeable. Internet mostly not working. 7 TV channels only of which 3 Japanese. Front desk not occupied when needed. Just not up to standard. Love Niseko and will come back but never to this place.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We booked a 3 bedrooms apartment. There were 2 ensuites that were rather small; the rooms were just big enough for the bed and mini bedsides. We had to unpack all our luggage and tidy up everything in the wardrobes as there wasn’t enough space to take stuff out from them unless we put them on the bed.
The kitchen was well equipped with very high end appliances but in contrast, the essentials like the washing machine, the hairdryer and the iron were very cheap and low quality. The washing machine was one of those basic Japanese top loaders and didn’t even function with hot water so didn’t really clean properly. The iron was tiny and cordless but the steam was almost non existent and couldn’t really iron anything so I gave up using it after 10 minutes. There was only 1 laundry rack supplied for 6 people which made me think that management didn’t really know how to accommodate their guests or were not attentive to details.There were only 4 pairs of slippers supplied whereas I did specify that there would be 6 people staying in the flat. Humidifiers were also requested but not supplied; this was rectified the next day. Communication was also not that great prior to arrival; I requested them to assist for restaurant bookings but nothing was confirmed till we actually got there. I had made some bookings myself for back up and we ended up going twice to the same restaurant as there would had been a penalty fee charged for late cancellation. The receptionist was not there most of the time but since it was my second time in Niseko, I didn’t really need the assistance but was thinking about people who may had needed it. It’s mentioned in the welcome pack that we could use the onsen at the Vale but doesn’t mention that it’s only up to 9:00pm and at a charge. Cleaning was every 2 days and wasn’t top notch. There was hair behind the toilet seat that was still there after cleaning. The location is still very good being close to the Ace Family lift and whithin the heart of the village. The airport transfer service was efficient too and very punctual but very expensive at almost 1,000 AUD for a round trip. I was more impressed when we stayed at Alpen ridge last year.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Y7303QIsuec
Reviewed 17 January 2018

The self contained apartments were really great! definitely recommend for medium sized groups/families! Very friendly staff/service, and quick to reply via email regarding any of our requests/requirements.

2 minute walk from the bottom lifts, the vale is even closer with the rear of the property basically being able to board in/out

Room tip: booking the Nisade Vale instead of the SnowCrystal is closer to the lifts, but only by 30 seconds
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Johwelvic B
nisade2017, General Manager at Snow Crystal, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Dear Johwelvic

Thank you for your lovely review of Snow Crystal. We pride ourselves on our family friendly apartments and knowledgeable service of our staff. It is nice to hear your enjoyed your stay, we look forward to providing you with equal service next time you visit us at Snow Crystal.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

The location was just great, nice and central within short walking distance from all restaurants and lifts.
Jess and Katelyn, were the best at the front desk offering great restaurant recommendations.
The overall place is very modern in design, spacious enough for 6 people with nice sofa and dining area to hang out. The great touch was the in apartment washing machine with drying facilities. The toilets were nice and roomy and clean. Rooms were also comfortable and cleaners were meticulous.
Great thing was the cleaners were so good that they found a lost earring which our friend dropped and Jess was great to arrange its return.
Overall would return here again.
The only one thing if any is that the ski storage room and the pathway would be lined with non-slip surface would add to the safety especially at the end of the day where puddles of water gather and making the floor a little treacherous. .

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank GeoffreyC561
arnaud d, Properties Operation Manager. at Snow Crystal, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for leaving such wonderful review about your stay at SnowCristal.

I am thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and that you found my staff amazingly friendly. I do have a great team who is very passionate about delivering only the very best service at all times to ensure our guests feel valued and special. I am delighted that you enjoyed our special touches and that you felt the personalised service and attention to details that we pride ourselves on. Rest assured, I will share your wonderful feedback with my entire team who will be thrilled to hear your kind words.

Once again, thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to your new “Niseko home”.

Best wishes