Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
FindHotel
Snaptravel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 February 2019 via mobile

I treated myself to a massage at Kimamaya and it was fabulous. I arrived early, hoping to extend from 60 to 90 minutes, but as the therapist hadn’t yet come in, Peter suggested a long soak in the lovely onsen while I waited. Divine! When Keiko arrived, she listened to my preferences/concerns and gave me a terrific massage. Sadly, when I tried to book another for the same week, she was already busy, no surprise. The hotel is beautifully designed and, from what i understand, a great place to stay. I recommend the spa most enthusiastically.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank mkg2805
Reviewed 5 February 2019

I cannot say enough good things about Kimamaya. My wife and I recently visited during our honeymoon trip and we were thrilled with nearly every part of our stay. First, the property itself is incredible - we loved the beautifully designed rooms and great common spaces. On top of that, it's attached to a first-class restaurant with a unique blend of Japanese/European cooking and some interesting cocktails and desserts.

But what really sets Kimamaya apart, in my mind, is the incredible service. Peter and Haruka, who run the property, truly go above and beyond for the guests. They made some fantastic restaurant suggestions and were happy to help with just about anything, whether it was booking a ski lesson, a massage or helping to sort with transportation mix ups. We may live across the ocean from Kimamaya, but we can't wait until our next return!!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2019

Can not recommend this place enough. It's exactly why there is a 5 star rating.

Stayed for a week in December. The hotel is GORGEOUS and so delicately decorated. It felt brand new, though they've been open nearly 10 years. The hotel is a 3 minute walk to the main part of Hirafu. The staff are incredibly helpful...to the point that they picked us up and dropped us everywhere...and they had booked restaurants 6 months in advance so that they had a load of places to offer us when we were there...a LOT of restaurants in Hirafu have a 6 month waiting list. The Hotel is as close to the slopes as you will ever need to be. I loved it so much, felt like i was staying at a family home - the management even organised welcome drinks one night for all the guests.

There is a set of "sort of" onsens in the hotel that are available to guests. And the breakfast at the Barn is fantastic.

Like I said, I cannot say anything more or better about it.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2019

Kimamaya came highly recommended by my friends, who said "you won't regret it, Peter is this... Peter is that..Kimamaya has this...etc". There are so many luxe boutique hotels in Niseko. In this case, it's the people (Peter and Haruka) who elevate the experience and stay up a notch. Great service makes all the difference! Peter and Haruka made our stay fantastic and memorable! We will return to Kimamaya end of 2019 for sure. They are so friendly, chatty and always happy and cheerful (even in the blistering cold).

We stayed in the Loft room, 2 adults with 2 kids under 8 years old.

From the start, Peter and Haruka sent us speedy email replies with great food suggestions and activities. When we arrived, we were made so welcome in this cosy little house. The decor and color scheme was soothing, stylish and modern. Dark greys and warm woods = perfect!

Cleanliness and amenities = spot on. The KINTO water flasks were beautiful ( not that important to most, but I feel that they were so aesthetically pleasing).

Breakfast every morning @ The Barn next door was delish! the staff were so happy and pleasant. They have a suggested menu of breakfast dishes, which were all cooked so well. We could customise the dishes as we liked and helped ourselves to the salad, fruits and cereal spread on the long table as well. The green smoothie was so delish. The staff remembered our drink preferences and could anticipate our choices for the next morning. Coffee and tea were plentiful and made to order, we must have had so many drinks.

Mr. Osaka-san was our very kind and efficient driver. He speaks little English but was so pleasant and always so patient with the kids. Kimamaya offers a pickup and drop off service to the ski slopes, so we could just hop on the van and reach the slopes in under 3 mins, without having to lug our equipment on what would have been a 20mins walk. The hotel offered us the free use of a local mobile, which we could use to call any local numbers. It wasn't really necessary as Peter and Haruka helped us with all restaurant and airlines queries as they are both proficient in English and Japanese.

The mattresses and pillows were so comfortable. The room ambience was cosy, heating was perfect ! Lots of cabinet storage for us to store our bulky items neatly as we stayed for 6 nights.

Peter and Haruka shared tips with us on the restaurants, ski equipment rental, ski conditions, Gosnow, everything! So useful and made our daily schedule so smooth.

The kids' room at the basement had more than enough toys, nintendo wii games and books for our kids. Clean, neat and functional, it was hard to drag them away.

The room rates were not cheap, but we feel that Kimamaya offers great value! The quality of stay, the people you meet, and the great food quality at the The Barn helped contribute to a great Winter family holiday experience - and that's most important!

Room tip: Room 8 Loft had unblocked and great view of the snow-lined streets.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2018 via mobile

Absolutely great, service from Peter and Hakura is impecable, facilities are spotless, and the bed and pillow in particular, and the room and the bathroom are great. Location also good, wallking distance from everywhere.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple