Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
FindHotel
Snaptravel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

After 2 days of snowboarding, my sore body desperately needs a massage. The reception person suggested to go for massage at Kimamaya. I have to say this is the best massage I ever have, the shiatsu + oil massage 60-min combo was great, I totally passed out shortly after the treatment started.

Although I did not stay in this hotel, the staff and masseuse are were super friendly. If you need a massage after a tough skiing/snowboarding day, you should consider this one. Make sure you book in advance and request for a bath session before massage.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed 8 March 2018

amazing service, design, food and accommodations! we just returned from an amazing week. we were a group of 8 and each of us had a blast. peter and his team were a dream. excellent service, beautiful setting, such good skiing...i wouldn't change a thing, i'd love to return and i'd recommend it to all of my friends (i already have been doing that!).

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Wow, this place is amazing! It's everything you want for a stay in the mountains: the food, the staff, the rooms, the "feel," and the service--they were all fantastic. We were there during the winter and had an incredible time. If ever we had a question or a request, Peter and his staff were there to help us out. In the morning we had breakfast at the Barn (attached restaurant)--it was the perfect springboard to the day. At night, Kimamaya was the best place to relax, clean up, and head out from. We always went to bed happy and full, and woke up refreshed and energized.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2018

Our family of four stayed at Kimamaya for a week in January. For three of us this was our first visit to the snow and our experience was made all the more magical due to the service, advice and care provided by Peter and Haruka. Thank you also to the friendly, welcoming staff at The Barn who remembered our orders and just how we liked our coffee! Thank you Peter for recommending and organising dinner reservations, skiing coaches (for mum!) and many other helpful tips. Thank you for providing us a phone so that I (mum) could call you when I had enough of the lessons and could retreat to our lovely room.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2018

I stayed here with a group of 8ish people for 5 nights the first week of February 2018 and it was absolutely incredible. Peter and his staff made us feel so welcome. The breakfast at The Barn every morning was a magical way to start the day and the onsens after a long day of skiing were perfection.

Can't wait for my next visit!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends