Hotels.com
Expedia
eDreams
Agoda.com
FindHotel
All reviews private onsen ski resort mt yotei niseko united kumo equipment bedroom lift slopes hirafu skiing appliances gondola penthouse instagram powder
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2020

We had a very nice modern 2 bedroom suite. The house keeping staff did a great job keeping the room immaculate each day. The buffet breakfast has a huge selection of Japanese and western food. The location can not be beat. It is truly ski in ski out.

The concierge service is beyond outstanding! They arranged transportation to and from the airport, as well as to a couple of restaurants. Our lift tickets were waiting for us at check in. When one CAT operation cancelled on us a month before our arrival, the concierge was able to find us a different CAT ski operation that provided us with a fantastic experience on the day that we had originally reserved. They also arranged the rental of expert level skis and snowboard for back country skiing. The list of restaurants they recommend, on their website, made it easy for us to select and make reservations in advance at a number of excellent restaurants.

Skye Niseko and their fantastic staff made this a very easy trip to plan. If I come back to Niseko there is no question; I will definitely stay at Skye Niseko again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Michiko T, Hotel Manager at Skye Niseko, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Dear Name-4me,

Thank you very much for staying at Skye Niseko this winter.

I am delighted to know you and your group enjoyed the stay with us and our service. Our concierge team pride themselves on creating seamless experiences for our Guests.

I will share your kind feedback with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Niseko.

Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

I’m not happy with how the management team handle the situation regarding to COVID-19 . They have failed to assist guests by providing some flexibility to guests in the midst of pandemic.

I'm fully aware of my reservation conditions, but the hotel does not seem to understand my conditions and decided to stick to their policy. In circumstances like this, it's about humanity not profitability.

The hotel is indirectly forcing guests to commit to their reservation, otherwise give up the prepaid hotel charges. Furthermore, the hotel failed to address any health and safety policy that it has in all communications. How can guest be certain of their well-being during their stays.

The hotel should be thankful when guests from a high risk country wanting protect themselves by not coming to the hotel for the sake of themselves and other people. Somehow the hotel failed to see that.

I wouldn’t believe they hv this mindset of uncared on the safety , health being of the hotel guests.
Our group as a people traveling from high risk country , we have a very serious restriction of traveling to Japan right now. Also we concern about health on other guests in hotel as well. As no one can guarantee our status of covid-19.

Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank Fasai N
Michiko T, Manager at Skye Niseko, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2020

While we sympathise with your situation of deciding to travel as you originally planned, the hotel and wider resort is open and many people have continued with their holiday plans.

We make it as clear as we can when booking that it is the responsibility of the customer to take out full travel insurance and that any cancellation will be at the expense of the customer. The current circumstances are unfortunate for everyone, but unfortunately we have to stand by our terms and conditions and you will need to claim your loss from your travel insurance company.

We have taken extra precautions in our hotel including extra cleaning to sterilise rooms, putting out sterilising hand-sprays throughout the hotel and daily health-checks for staff.

Reviewed 24 February 2020

We rented an appartment and were very happy with it. It was super modern and still very cosy. everything was in top shape. Breakfast wonderful. Service very good. Ski valet perfect. really nothing to complan about at all.

1  Thank rsD8613VX
Michiko T, Hotel Manager at Skye Niseko, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

Dear rsD8613VX,

Thank you very much for staying with us this winter and welcome to TripAdvisor.

I am very glad to know you enjoyed your stay and our service. I will pass on your kind feedback to all the staff here.

We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to snowy Niseko.

Reviewed 19 February 2020

Breathtaking view from the property if you book the corner family suites with 4 bed rooms and 4 bath rooms. Clear view of Mt Yotei and also the ski slopes. Direct access to the chair lift from the 3rd floor of Skye. Convenient facility in one place: ski and snowboard gears rental, shops, private onsen, spa, coffee shop, free shuttle to go around Hirafu also to Kutchan-cho if you need to go to big supermarket. Arrays of small resto is very nearby. It is a very modern facilty. Good breakfast at the hotel’s restaurant, Kuma. Recommended

Room tip: The corner suites for best view to Mt Yotei and ski slopes
2  Thank Lani H

Dear Lani,

Thank you very much for staying with us.

I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and our service.
Also, thank you very much for posting the photos of Mt. Yotei and the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next ski holiday in Niseko.

Reviewed 19 February 2020

The room is great. Big and clean as it should be. Facilities provided in the room meet my expectation. Convenient to travel to nearby restaurants and shops, also convenient to go to the slope because it’s ski-in-ski-out.
Most of the staffs are non-Japanese; therefore, the services are a little bit below standard. Every time I walked in the ski valet room, I never got greetings or asked to assist, which is very contrary to another ski resort I stayed last time.
The thing that I think should improve the most is the airflow system in the private onsen because it smelled really really bad. I don’t know if it’s the air system or the cleaning solution that they use, but please do something with it.

4  Thank Momentthere123

Dear 295mow,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us.

I am glad to know you enjoyed the hotel facilities and the convenient location of our hotel.

Thank you also for pointing out those two areas for improvement. We have three private onsens of which one does not have a window outside. We have now started leaving the door of this onsen open when not in use to help refresh the air.
In regards to the ski valet staff, the feedback from Guests has been very positive all winter so I am sorry you did not receive our usual service there. I will speak to the manager in charge and ensure the staff are always attentive and helpful.

We appreciate you choosing to stay at Skye Niseko this winter and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.