Agoda.com
Trip.com
All reviews family room guesthouse ac balcony heaven matrimandir
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 February 2020

I stayed with my family here for three nights, and I found the room to be very clean and comfortable for a family. It is located very close to Matrimandir of Auroville, in a quiet environment. We enjoyed out stay very well. However, there is cope for improvement in terms of bathroom and breakfast. Only idlis and bread are served day after day. No variety.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 9 December 2019

One of the best place during my trip in Tamil Nadu thanks to his lovely owner and whole team. We had the family room, two rooms and an xtra large bed (for almost 4 people).
It seems the owner has changed (he is indian not german) by chance because this one was so gentle as all team!
We send him our friendship from France!
Agnès, Hervé and little Sajiv

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 30 October 2019

The room that we got is a family room as we were 5 who wanted to stay in one room. Because of that we did not get a room with balcony.But the common balcony was good with think green on one side. It was raining and so we got peaceful morning sipping coffee sitting in this balcony. The wooden finish inside the room gave it a rich finish and minimal furniture, the ac, clean bathroom etc gave a good experience for us. Lot of trees and plants and it is truly green.
For those who want to spend more time in Auroville, this is heaven.

The breakfast area can be more hygienic though. Something for improvement.

Room tip: Try to get a balcony too.
Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank mallunair
Reviewed 20 October 2019

Never ever have I lost anything from a locked room before and the management defended my saying they had only one key to the room which was given to us and they could do nothing about it. Not even ask there staff and workers. It's really the worst experience I've had in any place of stay. How could someone just come inside a locked room and take mobile phone kept for charge is just petrifying for anyone who stays here considering that the property management says they don't have extra key than the one they had given us. They were not even ready to ask their staff or workers about the issue and we have given Police complaint I'm this regard.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2019 via mobile

I had been to Auroville Pondicherry with my friend.We found out this hotel from the reviews on Tripadvisor. I must say that being close to the visitor centre is a major Plus point of this hotel.The rooms are clean and the staff is simple.It had more of an homely touch to our stay.Breakfast was healthy.We had a good stay in this place. I will definitely recommend it to those who wish to live in Auroville.

Date of stay: February 2019