All reviews junior suite thermal pools our honeymoon outdoor pool rooms are large walk in wardrobe breathtaking views beautiful hotel day pass min drive wild boar stayed here for nights few hours normal pool relaxing atmosphere road works the hotel sits
Reviewed 15 June 2018

We stayed here for one night and had a great time. We stopped early to drop off our luggage and spent most of the early afternoon visiting a few nearby wineries. I will say, the hotel was a bit difficult to find, but I think that is more so due to some road construction in the area. When we first pulled up, it wasn't exactly what we were expecting from the outside, but once inside it is truly a beautiful hotel.

When we returned to the hotel, the staff was super helpful during check in. We were escorted to our room and shown the features of the suite. We then spent a few hours using the spa services. The pools were great and it was very quiet which we really enjoyed. Amazing views everywhere you look!

Prior to dinner, we sat outside and had a few drinks, again enjoying the incredible views that the hotel offers. The dinner was the only part of our stay that we found a bit disappointing. Given that this hotel is sort of isolated from any other town, their restaurant is your only choice. The food was just ok, not as good as other meals we had while staying in Italy, but the service was very good.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

When I booked the resort, I was looking for a hotel which offers thermal baths/ pools (or hot spring). This resort looks very nice and the price was very reasonable in Italy’s of accommodation price. The location is a bit out of the popular route, but it’s about 30 min drive from Siena.

My husband and I have been to many hot spring resorts in Japan, even in Germany and UK. This is by far one of the best. The natural environment or scenery is not as pretty as Japan’s but the facilities are really awesome. We stayed for Friday night before it gets crowded with guests spending the weekend there. The service was attractive and polite. The hotel wasn’t new but it was very well maintained.

The complementary buffet breakfast was awesome. We also had dinner there, the dining room was very pretty with big windows showing the view outside. The dinner was decent, we enjoyed the appetizer (a cheese quiche), the shrimp risotto was pretty good, the wild boar gnocchi was okay. The main we shared was a traditional seafood soup and it was so fresh. Overall the dishes were nice but a bit on the salty side though. We also had a tiramisu for dessert.

We stayed at the Junior suite, it was very nice, with a big closet, big balcony, a small dining area and a king size bed, with 1 bathroom and an extra washroom.

I had a great time at the resort, the only minor thing was the room smelled funny. My hubby decided to let it go so we just stayed there without switching room.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Kate155019
GMPetriolo, General Manager at Petriolo SPA Resort | UNA Esperienze, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear Mrs Kate,

We thank you for sharing your experience at Petriolo Spa & Resort, and we are happy to know that your stay at our hotel met your needs.

We thank you also for your kind words, for the structure, the service and the staff, and your direct witness is an incentive to continue in order to improve our service.

Thanks from all of us!

We hope to see you again at Petriolo Spa Resort to enjoy relax and good atmosphere that our hotel can offer.

Best regards

The management

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

This spa sits on a hill with a wonderful view of the valley. All the attendants were very friendly, the pools are great and well worth spending time in the spa. The only difficulty was finding the hotel, since the highway is under construction and the google maps access is not working.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mauricios955
Reviewed 23 April 2018

I was delighted when I arrived here with a group of travellers. Beautiful room and superb bathroom. The view from the restaurant is amazing. I’m amazed that someone criticised the breakfast. It’s the best breakfast buffet i’ve Ever seen, and my fellow travellers agreed. An abundance of beautifully prepared fresh fruit, and an extensive choice of both sweet and savoury offerings.
The spa is wonderful, and I had an excellent massage. The outdoor pools are wonderful with plenty of loungers.
Every member of staff was pleasant and helpful.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We stayed one night with my Family and we book a family suite with separate rooms. Rooms are large and comfortable but ours was looking to the new highway bridge under construction.
Service was good but not at the level of a 5 star hotel and staff was helpful and friendly.
The hotel is big and requires in my view restyling in common areas and SPA.
Average our stay was good but ratio position/quality/price not much.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GMPetriolo, General Manager at Petriolo SPA Resort | UNA Esperienze, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Dear Mr Giovanni,

We want to thank you for taking some of your time to review The Petriolo Spa Resort and sharing your experience with Tripadvisor community, even though we partially do not agree with the content of your review.

I thank you, also, for having appreciated the width and comfort of the room.

Fortunately The Petriolo Spa Resort is receiving high approval ratings from the constant presence of a loyal customer dedicated to relaxation and well-being, and we are delighted that for the above reason the flexibility and empathy of our staff, are particularly appreciated.

The hotel is taken care of and maintained, every year during the winter time, and we are sorry that you did not notice it.

We regret, finally, that We have not had the pleasure to confront with you during your stay, on the quality of staff and service, and for this reason We remain available if you feel the need to deepen these topics.

Best regards,