Travelodge Bicester hotel(Bicester)(Great Value!)
US$46
Travelodge
Agoda.com
Bignell Park Hotel(Chesterton)
Watts Lodge(Bicester)
Expedia
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsguest housebath matb and bnext morningbicester villagemanageresspubaccommodationcereal
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We have been treated very rudely. The responsable on site one big girl always on a bad mood.

Kitchen its not allowed to use. Only the microwave. So you Will have always to look for a restaurant.

The location, not much more around but one pub.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Santana J
Winston G, Manager at The Winston Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thank you for your review Jose.
You and your crew did indeed put the 'big girl' in a bad mood - me, the guesthouse manager.
It was not a pleasure hosting you for the following reasons.
- you booked for 3 adults, yet much more people accommodated the room. 3 of you went to work, 2 stayed in sleeping, then 2 went to work, 3 sleeping in. We have camera recordings of this misconduct.
- you smoked in the bathroom, many times, leaving a huge mess and horrible smell after you. When you went outside to smoke, you left cigarette butts all over the front yard.
- you didn't want to check out in time, pretended you don't understand the concept of check-out. When you finally left, you started to call me many times from different phone numbers, trying to book again at our place that now you state to be horrible.
For this behaviour I reported you to booking sites and local accommodation providers.
We nowhere advertise we have kitchen / laundry available for our customers, so I don't understand the demand. We advertise a bed and breakfast service, which you received.
I also would like to mention, that you've been very unpleasant and sometimes borderline rude to our staff members.
Because of your behaviour you and your crew are banned from our properties. I hope you will have a pleasant time elsewhere.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

눉I am absolutely appalled with my the experience at this hotel. The lady that runs it is disgustingly rude. I am so shocked with the way my partner and I have been treated by her. First of all whilst getting ready she continued to advise my partner at 10am that we had to be out of the room by 10.30am which is fine but she reiterated it several times which clearly made us feel very unwelcome. After checking out we sat in the conservatory waiting to leave for a wedding when she stormed in accusing me of dying my hair with a towel. This was not the case, it was pink/red and I have dark hair however the hand soap is pink! I advised her of this and she continued to aggressively question me whilst putting the towel up to my face. She then continued to send me rude emails accusing me of lying. The room was awful, tiny cramped, uncomfortable beds and hammering/drilling that started earlier than 8.30am. I have never left a bad review before but I am so disgusted with this manager and the stay that I couldn’t not. Please if you want to stay somewhere in Bicester avoid at all costs. There are so many other guest houses In the area at similar cost but are at much higher standard.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Faye O
Hafiz R, Owner at The Winston Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

You wrote the same review in Booking.com where our manger replied to your review elaborately and clearly. You have again written the same review on Trip Adviser that explains your malicious motive against our business. For the readers of your review here, I’m quoting the reply of our manager below:

“Thank you for your review Faye. I was expecting you to try to overcome your uncomfortable situation by attacking our business. We are used to it, since we usually get bad reviews from customers who misbehave during their stay.
We were very flexible and helpful to you during your stay. We had friendly conversations, I allowed you to store your luggage in my office and I helped your boyfriend with the iron and the ironing board in the morning. I told him then at 10:15 that 10:30 is the check out, but you are more than welcome to stay in the conservatory and enjoy some drinks as long as you wish. He was happy with this at the time.
When you left your room housekeeping started to take out the sheets and towels from the room. My colleague showed me the otherwise white towel which was now deep red and soaking wet, and told me it was covered with another towel, almost like if you have tried to hide it.
I went to you with the damaged towel and only asked you one question, if it is hair dye on the towel. First you asked me if the towel is from your room, because you won’t recognise it, then you said it must be the hand soap that discoloured it. It was clearly some sort of strong paint. Later we discovered that the bedding is damaged too, but I couldn’t ask you about that, because after you realised that we discovered the towel, you immediately left. You basically behaved like a child caught shoplifting.
I was not rude to you in any way. I didn’t even have the time to confront you, because the moment you seen the towel, you packed your things and left. You were happy with the service you have received, until that very moment.
Honestly, I would not have cared about the towel and the linen, if you would have behaved like a decent, responsible grown up and apologised for your mistake.
Our guesthouse is highly competitive we offer the best service and prices in the area. We receive positive reviews, and have many returning customers who like and value this place.
I do hope you will receive the service you deserve wherever you will stay in the future.”

I’d most humbly appeal to the conscience of the readers here that if less than 1% of the population are unhappy, does that reflect the reality truthfully? Is it possible to satisfy every single person whatever efforts one can make? If such a tiny proportion of our guests have poor opinion about us and they try their best to harm our business, is that only our problem? We are actively considering legal options for the right course of action to protect our business from malicious activities.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Disgustingly rude staff. Walking around 45 minutes before check out time got scorned saying 'you know check out is at 10.30 am don't you?' If you like to feel the vibe of being in a young offenders institute this is the place for you. Otherwise choose somewhere is.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Gavin T
Hafiz R, Owner at The Winston Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Mr Gavin T is our returning guest. We contacted him after viewing this review and was surprised to know he hadn’t write any review. So, we assume this is a fraudulent review with a fake email account possibly. We can’t remember any incident described in the review. Even so, if you’re a real guest, please get back to us. We are considering referring the fraudulent reviews to the Serious Fraud Office for legal action for damaging our business.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

A perfect place to spend a restful night in Bicester. Clean, well organised with off-street parking and excellent communication. If you need a no-hassle overnight stay it’s ideal will definitely visit again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed 1 night on way to a local Metal Detecting dig next day. Perfectly adequate small twin room - clean and comfortable - make your own breakfast in the morning - toast/cereal/coffee. Would use again if come back to area.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple