Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
grumpsSuffolk
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom

Nothing to complain about, would stay again.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Mar 2024
Stayed for 3 nights in a clean, tidy room, with a comfortable double bed, the room was serviced daily. The staff are helpful, the breakfasts are good and we ate there 1 night and the food was fine. Great base for visiting North Norfolk.
Lots of different areas to relax in the evening.
Date of stay: March 2024
    • Hotels.com
    • Agoda.com
    7.1 km from Wayford Bridge Inn
    Free parking
    Guest's entrance away from Martyn's house.
    8.8 km from Wayford Bridge Inn
    Vio.com
      0.5 km from Wayford Bridge Inn
      3.7 km from Wayford Bridge Inn
      View more hotels in Stalham
      All reviews norfolk broads boating holiday specials board evening meal family meal overlooking the river road noise lovely meal the pub lasagna garden room main course night stay short break biscuits cooked breakfast dog
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 18 March 2024

We found our new favourite place as a family today, thank you to the kind gentlemen that served us. We cam fir lunch for my mums birthday. The first round of drinks came with a little balloon tied to my mums wine glass which was so thoughtful. The food was excellent with stunning views. Along with a lit candle in my mums desert none of which we even had to ask for. Top service you really made our day. Thank you so much and we can't wait to come back again xx

Date of stay: March 2024
      • Trip type: Travelled with family
      Reviewed 6 March 2024

I've ummed and ahh'd about writing this review. In fact, I've never written an online review, but the fact my mind keeps bringing me back to this experience, I feel I have to. My partner and I have visited the wayford bridge several times in the last 2-3 years, usually in the summer time. We've always thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and each time we've visited, the restaurant and outside seating areas have been very busy! My partner has been in poor health and we decided to visit earlier this year, in hopes of a relaxing (quieter) lunch. We arrived and there was only a handful of cars outside - great! Upon entry, we were "greeted" by a seemingly disgruntled man with a South African accent. He asked if we had a reservation to which we replied "no" there were several empty tables, yet the man said it would be a tight squeeze but that he'd "make a plan" for us. This irritated my partner as he said it felt unwelcoming. We were seated in the bar area, which suited us fine and the man walked off. After 10 minutes he hadn't returned, so my partner went to the bar for a drinks order. We both had soft drinks, but the man who seated us made a comment to my partner about having a Guinness, stating it was a "real man's drink" neither of us drink alcohol for health reasons. He asked if we were ready to order, which we were. My partner had the baby back ribs and I had a hawaiian pizza. The food arrived in decent time, pipping hot and delicious as always! I'm glad I decided to forgo the chips, as the pizza was huge and I couldn't finish it all. My partner thoroughly enjoyed his ribs. Unfortunately, the food was the only good part of our visit. The atmosphere was uncomfortable with the man walking around, clicking his fingers and whistling. My partner also noted that he seemed irritated, repeatedly making a loud exhaling noise, banging his hands on the bar, picking things up and placing them back down with a thud! Because of this experience, I'm not sure we will return any time soon. On our previous visits, we have always been greeted by bubbly, attentive staff, who made us feel welcome and like nothing was too much trouble. The lovely lady (Karen I believe) spoiled our dog Benny (who we sadly lost in October) with biscuits and a sausage during our last visit. I'm not sure if she is still there? There seemed to be a complete turnover in staff since the last time. I appreciate that we are all human and perhaps we caught this man on a bad day. On the other side, customers come for the experience and ours was disappointing on this occasion.

Date of stay: February 2024
      Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Kris Heavens, Owner at Wayford Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2024

Hi Janeth,

I am still here! Naturally being in the Norfolk Broads we are quite a bit busier during the beautiful summer months.

I am delighted you enjoyed your meal but disappointed you had issues with the member of staff whom looked after you. Such a shame and if you had asked for me I was probably just around the corner.

Either way I would love to have a chat about your experience and see how we can do better please give me a call on 01692 582414 option 1 and ask for Karen :-)

Kind Regards,

Karen

Reviewed 18 February 2024 via mobile

Our room was large & clean and complete with a bath too.
      We ate in the restaurant/bar and really enjoyed all the food.
      The staff were all friendly and keen to help. Large car park.
      A bonus is check out being 11am, so no need to rush after breakfast.
      We really enjoyed our short stay and would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: February 2024
      Trip type: Travelled with family
      Reviewed 28 December 2023

We have stayed at the Wayford a number of times and been there to eat on regular occasions, and are impressed by the hotel for both. The rooms are lovely and comfortable, and the food variety and quality excellent.
      The staff are very professional, friendly and efficient.
      We will continue to enjoy The Wayford Bridge.

Date of stay: November 2023
      • Trip type: Travelled solo
      Reviewed 4 December 2023

We did prebook for a Sunday evening as wasn’t too sure how busy the restaurant would be.

Plenty of parking available.

Warm welcome on arrival.

Opted for prawn cocktails, scampi and chips and gammon steak.

Couldn’t fault the food. Traditional pub grub, lovely and hot.

Good value, came to £50 which also included 2 soft drinks.

Date of stay: December 2023