“Breakfast & a very hot spa day”
Review of Dudsbury Spa

Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Ferndown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Went here for an Easter spa day which had access to the spa all day and a 50 minute treatment.

Had breakfast in the restaurant bar area and this was quite average, reasonably priced but pretty basic with the toast a bit burnt and soggy, the black pudding (an extra) was small portion sized and chewy, presume grilled/oven done instead of fried.

The spa itself was nice and I would go back again, but only in the winter/cool months. The reason for still four stars are the below good things, but on a sunny day simply far too hot for me and uncomfortably sweaty when not in the pool.

Highlights;
*I liked the fact that tables were set up for afternoon tea in the same spa area and nicely laid out
*loungers reversed for you with large beach towels and not too close to others
*we went on a May Saturday on bank holiday weekend and it wasn’t too busy which was lovely as prior spas can be over subscribed and become not so relaxing
*50 minute treatment was a good range to select from and you could also opt for 2 x 25 minute treatments instead which again some places do not allow (would say mine were a little average though - an Indian head massage and foot massage, both feeling a little more like generally stroked than massaged which didn’t really do much for me)
*Afternoon tea itself was pleasant, nothing amazing but quite nice

One thing to note would be to mention if you don’t like fish for the afternoon tea, I do so wasn’t a problem, but we only had 1 non fish little sandwich each. It would have been nice to have a ham option or chicken or egg. We were given 1 x prawn mayo, 1 x tuna & cucumber, 1 x salmon and 1 x mature cheddar and tomato.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

My husband took me for a surprise spa day & lunch, and it was just bliss. We had a some wonderful, perfectly executed treatments and a tasty lunch. It was heaven just to lie by the pool, basking in the warmth under the conservatory roof, with a bottle of bubbly. The staff were so friendly and attentive, especially Julie, who really made us feel like VIPs. Thank you so much. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

What a lovely spa! It is small and intimate and the staff are very attentive. From the minute we arrived Lisa made sure we had everything we needed and had reserved our loungers by the pool. I had a facial by Jenna. It was fabulous! I left feeling totally relaxed and recharged - wonderful!! I’m already making arrangements to come back with my daughter. Thank you Lisa and team!

Reviewed 4 May 2018

We are 4 friends who decided to treat ourselves to a spa day and were not disappointed with our choice , the Dudsbury Hotel and Spa. From the moment we entered the spa we were made welcome by the staff who greeted us and made sure we had all we wanted. The spa itself although small was clean and has a lovely relaxing atmosphere especially as there were only adulds using it.We all had a treatment and agreed both Jess and Steph the beauty therapists made us feel relaxed and pampered. We were served a very nice lunch in the spa dining area by Julie the manager who was polite, friendly and very professional. The day was a success and we will return. Thank you