“An airlines with horrible Customer Service”
Review of THAI Smile Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On Sunday, June 24 after I knew for sure that my Austrian Airlines flight OS25 to Bangkok would delay 7 hours, I tried to change my and my wife's flight Bkk-Uth on Monday, June 25 at 17.40 hrs to another flight on Tuesday. I tried the Thai Smile website and couldn't make it. So, I sent an e-mail to its Customer Service to help change our flight adding that it could charge any fee to my credit card used to purchase the tickets. The following morning, I didn't receive any reply. My wife then called her assistant to contact 1181 for help. She was informed that the request had to made at least 6 hours prior to departure.
When we arrived, we had to purchase new tickets.
After I arrived in Udon Thani, I've been trying to get refund from my un-used tickets, I first called 1181 and asked for refund of flight I couldn't take. The reply was to go use the website and apply online. I tried and couldn't do it. So, I called again. This time the reply was to write an e-mail to <contactcenter@thaismileair.com>.
I sent a request to Customer Service which replied that I had to fill up a form. I did it and send back.
Just now, a female agent from Customer Service called and tried to explain that I could only get airport tax refund.
I knew that and that was the reason I was upset with its 1181 which said I couldn't get any refund.
What infuriated me was the agent wanted to know what had happened.
I told her I did send a few e-mails and asked if she had read it.
She didn't reply and kept asking.
I knew then I was talking with a generation of no-reading.
I retold what had happened again and was told:
1. only airport tax refund is possible;
2. no 6-hour prior to departure rule, but 4-hour rule; and
3. her task was to get feedback from me and that was it.
What the hell is this kind of service from the airlines with a smile.
Perhaps one of my friends was right when he told me it was an airlines with a smile, but it was the airlines' smile upon us, its passengers. It does not expect any passenger's smile.
No need to compare this horrendous airlines' Customer Service to any other airlines.
Even Nok Air (a sister company of Thai Smiles) has much better Customer Service despite its notoriety of being late so often.
I missed a few flights with Nok Air, and every time the staff of its Customer Service would take action to get the refund for me.
This surely is sn airlines with the staff having "couldn't care less" attitude.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,251)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There was absolutely no legroom and the front seat constantly pushed against my knees
very cramped also with next passenger and difficult to eat provided food

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Flying with Thai smile make my mother smile all the time. My mother really like to fly with Thai smile.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Being a budget flight the seats are not quite comfortable. Because it is quite cheap, the passengers flying thru this route are very loud and are not at all considerate.
But you do get drinks on this flight though it being a cheap/economical flight. Food in all flights is anyways not great so I wouldn’t rate food quality served on this flight but I wouldn’t recommend preordering either. But if you are really looking to save some bucks then this is one is better than other carriers in economical price range.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Comfortable and convenient, need to have more departure time choices. Serve water often and stewardess to communicate more (customer interaction).

Review collected in partnership with Thai Smile